We're shutting down! Read more here

Viewing last 25 versions of post by Zaknel in topic Before This Site Goes Public

Zaknel
Boot badge - It's Bootiful
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
U Lil Shid - Hi, Im a lil shid.
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Ezekiel 33:11
"[@evan555alpha":](/forums/meta/topics/before-this-site-goes-public?post_id=9970#post_9970
[bq="evan555alpha"]
) " 

> [
@Zaknel":](/forums/meta/topics/before-this-site-goes-public?post_id=9944#post_9944
)
>
What if this site opts to _*not_* let users dictate who can and cannot reply to each other? People can still _*attempt_* to say "you can't comment on my stuff" but there's no way to force the site staff to _*enforce_* that kind of thing. And if a user continues to tell people that kind of thing, then there are already tools in place (reports) to deal with them. [/bq]
But if there is no statemnt in the rules about this, they might think that it is okay.

I just don't want a repeat of what happened on Derpibooru to EVER happen here.

"

[
@ChaosLlama":](/forums/meta/topics/before-this-site-goes-public?post_id=9972#post_9972
)  
Okay, so then you're arguing for a statement in the rules that if a user tells you to not reply to them, you should respect that?

"

[
@Boxless":](/forums/meta/topics/before-this-site-goes-public?post_id=9975#post_9975
)  
Look, I really like you. I really do. But simply dismissing my reasons for why I think that this is such an important feature without providing any counter-arguments is not going to cut it.

I'll say it again: Users on Derpi were SOMETIMEs (basically, only if the mods liked them) tried to enforce who could and could not respond to them, but never held themselves to that standard. If you don't want a block button, you should prevent this by putting a statement in "[the rules":](https://ponybooru.org/pages/rules) stating that that is not acceptable behavior? .
Reason: Fixed a character.
Edited by Zaknel