Viewing last 25 versions of post by Azure Fang in topic Video game thread

Azure Fang
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Oh no, he's here?
"[@Officer Hotpants":](/forums/dis/topics/video-game-thread?post_id=47910#post_47910
[bq="Officer
) Hotpants"] 

>
" [@EverfreeEmergencies":](/forums/dis/topics/video-game-thread?post_id=47909#post_47909
)
>
--This is why, barring severe functionality issues or legal issues with developers, Nexusmods shouldn't allow that shit in the first place. You don't want your name connected to it anymore? Fine. But you shouldn't get to fuck over several thousand people--several _*hundred_* thousand, even, if yours is a base/tool designed for other mods to utilize to function--because you had a fit of autism. [/bq]

As an author myself, I have to disagree with this sentiment. Regardless of what or who the a mod affects, it still belongs to the mod author and it is theirs to control. If they want to throw a tantrum because someone said "orange man good", then that's on them and it's their reputation if they go nuclear over something trivial.

Nexus Mods just a week or so ago stripped all mod authors published on the site of their ability to control their own work and are effectively paying users for modlists they create with other people's mods with the authors seeing none of this donation revenue. Modlists, might I add, that bypass the normal mod pages, removing exposure of the authors. Nexus states that these actions are taken to "protect users from mod author tantrums." In response, some authors (myself included) are removing their entire mod libraries (Nexus gave 30 days from the announcement, and it's all or nothing) while actively ignoring feedback and locking discussions. I _*want_* my name connected to my work, so is it really so damning that I don't want my work on an abusive site anymore, especially when I have the option of self-hosting on anything from Google Drive to Steam Workshop and providing external links to communities related to the associated games?

I could very easily draw parallels to artists fleeing Derpi over Censorgate, some of which came here, and filing removals with DNPs. Are there problems with that? Or does it all fall down to context?
No reason given
Edited by Azure Fang
Azure Fang

Oh no, he's here?
"@Officer Hotpants":/forums/dis/topics/video-game-thread?post_id=47910#post_47910
[bq="Officer Hotpants"] "@EverfreeEmergencies":/forums/dis/topics/video-game-thread?post_id=47909#post_47909
Two things come to mind.
--This is why, barring severe functionality issues or legal issues with developers, Nexusmods shouldn't allow that shit in the first place. You don't want your name connected to it anymore? Fine. But you shouldn't get to fuck over several thousand people--several _hundred_ thousand, even, if yours is a base/tool designed for other mods to utilize to function--because you had a fit of autism. [/bq]
As an author myself, I have to disagree with this sentiment. Regardless of what or who the a mod affects, it still belongs to the mod author and it is theirs to control. If they want to throw a tantrum because someone said "orange man good", then that's on them and it's their reputation if they go nuclear over something trivial.

Nexus Mods just a week or so ago stripped all mod authors published on the site of their ability to control their own work and are effectively paying users for modlists they create with other people's mods with the authors seeing none of this donation revenue. Modlists, might I add, that bypass the normal mod pages, removing exposure of the authors. Nexus states that these actions are taken to "protect users from mod author tantrums." In response, some authors (myself included) are removing their entire mod libraries (Nexus gave 30 days from the announcement, and it's all or nothing) while actively ignoring feedback and locking discussions. I _want_ my name connected to my work, so is it really so damning that I don't want my work on an abusive site anymore, especially when I have the option of self-hosting on anything from Google Drive to Steam Workshop and providing external links to communities related to the associated games?

I could very easily draw parallels to artists fleeing Derpi over Censorgate, some of which came here, and filing removals with DNPs. Are there problems with that? Or does it all fall down to context?
No reason given
Edited by Azure Fang
Azure Fang

Oh no, he's here?
"@Officer Hotpants":/forums/dis/topics/video-game-thread?post_id=47910#post_47910
[bq="Officer Hotpants"] "@EverfreeEmergencies":/forums/dis/topics/video-game-thread?post_id=47909#post_47909
Two things come to mind.
--This is why, barring severe functionality issues or legal issues with developers, Nexusmods shouldn't allow that shit in the first place. You don't want your name connected to it anymore? Fine. But you shouldn't get to fuck over several thousand people--several _hundred_ thousand, even, if yours is a base/tool designed for other mods to utilize to function--because you had a fit of autism. [/bq]

Nexus Mods just a week or so ago stripped all mod authors published on the site of their ability to control their own work and are effectively paying users for modlists they create with other people's mods with the authors seeing none of this donation revenue. Modlists, might I add, that bypass the normal mod pages, removing exposure of the authors. Nexus states that these actions are taken to "protect users from mod author tantrums." In response, some authors (myself included) are removing their entire mod libraries (Nexus gave 30 days from the announcement, and it's all or nothing) while actively ignoring feedback and locking discussions. I _want_ my name connected to my work, so is it really so damning that I don't want my work on an abusive site anymore, especially when I have the option of self-hosting on anything from Google Drive to Steam Workshop and providing external links to communities related to the associated games?

No reason given
Edited by Azure Fang