Amagan

"[@Dex Stewart":](/forums/dis/topics/vent-thread?post_id=70821#post_70821
[bq="Dex
) Stewart"] 

>
" [@Amagan":](/forums/dis/topics/vent-thread?post_id=70820#post_70820
)
>
Straight and white people don't really "need" pride. They haven't faced adversity the way minorities have.[/bq]

Oh that's bullshit, especially in this day and age where every minority is being celebrated and supported by the media the way they are. They've got all the special legal protections that white people don't enjoy. It's gotten to the point the trans community faces no repercussions from demanding straight people date them and have sex with them to prove they're not transphobic.

Straight white people don't "need" pride? I disagree. You've got plenty of folks saying "kill all whites" and teaching how white people are born racist and can never be anything but racist no matter what they do. It's open season on white people, they most certainly need pride and to be reminded that they aren't evil simply because they're melanin-deficient.

[

Have you really seen twitter and the state it's in? Have you seen the various studios
bashing people for being racist/transphobic/istaphobic for not diversity q]uota characters who're written boringly and one-dimensionally?

>
The whole pride thing may be seen as selfish or whatever, but it's just one month out of twelve.

>
Personally I don't care about self identity or sexuality or any of that so I'm fine with pride month. It doesn't affect me. [/bq]

It doesn't matter if it's one month or just one day, it's still taking time out of the year and setting it aside for a specific group and holding them to be more special than everyone else. If there's going to be a pride month for all the gay and transgender sort of people, a month for blacks, a month for women, where exactly is the month for straight people? Where exactly is the month for white people? Are they simply not special enough?

Either celebrate everyone just for existing, or don't celebrate anyone. Stop showing preferential treatment for some groups and disdain for others.
No reason given
Edited by Amagan
Amagan

"@Dex Stewart":/forums/dis/topics/vent-thread?post_id=70821#post_70821
[bq="Dex Stewart"] "@Amagan":/forums/dis/topics/vent-thread?post_id=70820#post_70820
Straight and white people don't really "need" pride. They haven't faced adversity the way minorities have.[/bq]

Oh that's bullshit, especially in this day and age where every minority is being celebrated and supported by the media the way they are. They've got all the special legal protections that white people don't enjoy. It's gotten to the point the trans community faces no repercussions from demanding straight people date them and have sex with them to prove they're not transphobic.

Straight white people don't "need" pride? I disagree. You've got plenty of folks saying "kill all whites" and teaching how white people are born racist and can never be anything but racist no matter what they do. It's open season on white people, they most certainly need pride and to be reminded that they aren't evil simply because they're melanin-deficient.

[bq]The whole pride thing may be seen as selfish or whatever, but it's just one month out of twelve.
Personally I don't care about self identity or sexuality or any of that so I'm fine with pride month. It doesn't affect me. [/bq]

It doesn't matter if it's one month or just one day, it's still taking time out of the year and setting it aside for a specific group and holding them to be more special than everyone else. If there's going to be a pride month for all the gay and transgender sort of people, a month for blacks, a month for women, where exactly is the month for straight people? Where exactly is the month for white people? Are they simply not special enough?

Either celebrate everyone just for existing, or don't celebrate anyone. Stop showing preferential treatment for some groups and disdain for others.
No reason given
Edited by Amagan
Amagan

'"@Dex Stewart":/forums/dis/topics/vent-thread?post_id=70821#post_70821
[bq="Dex Stewart"] "@Amagan":/forums/dis/topics/vent-thread?post_id=70820#post_70820

[bq]The whole pride thing may be seen as selfish or whatever, but it's just one month out of twelve.

No reason given
Edited by Amagan
Amagan

'@Dex Stewart":/forums/dis/topics/vent-thread?post_id=70821#post_70821

No reason given
Edited by Amagan
Amagan

'@Dex Stewart":/forums/dis/topics/vent-thread?post_id=70821#post_70821

No reason given
Edited by Amagan