Viewing last 25 versions of post by GarbageHorse in topic Let's Make Fun Of The English Language! In The English Languague!

GarbageHorse

Aspiring Kyle
"[@Fleur de Lis":](/forums/dis/topics/let-s-make-fun-of-the-english-language-in-the-english-languague?post_id=12314#post_12314
)  
He's promoted because the left thinks he was talking about Nazis.

He wasn't talking about totalitarianism, necessarily. He was talking more about a technology-fueled surveillance state which, through confusion and fear, made use of actual force unnecessary in most cases. He hit the nail on the head with newspeak, telescreens, the Two Minute Hate, "we have always been at war with _____", and the memory hole.

We have dictionaries editing words so that what their political opponents already said becomes offensive, then include in "white supremacist" and other meaningless phrases created or modified.

We have telescreens everyone willingly carries with them, tracking their every move, listening to their every word, and feeding them a stream of lies straight from Twitter-Facebook-Google. We have 24/7 cable news telling you who to hate and how, even if not why. We have wars no one can articulate why we are in that are usually against our own interests. We have academia editing history to either remove ideas that are problematic or insert new ones that are inclusive, like black Cheddar Man, black Vikings, black Egyptians, black Romans, and you get the idea.

I can't think of something he got wrong, in fact. I don't know why he wrote it or if he should have, but he was right about it. I don't know if it's an accident things have developed exactly that way. No matter, it's easy to say what was at least sold as a warning has become a guide.
No reason given
Edited by GarbageHorse
GarbageHorse

Aspiring Kyle
"@Fleur de Lis":/forums/dis/topics/let-s-make-fun-of-the-english-language-in-the-english-languague?post_id=12314#post_12314
He's promoted because the left thinks he was talking about Nazis.

He wasn't talking about totalitarianism, necessarily. He was talking more about a technology-fueled surveillance state which, through confusion and fear, made use of actual force unnecessary in most cases. He hit the nail on the head with newspeak, telescreens, the Two Minute Hate, "we have always been at war with _____", and the memory hole. We have dictionaries editing words so that what their political opponents already said becomes offensive, then include in "white supremacist" and other meaningless phrases created or modified.

We have telescreens everyone willingly carries with them, tracking their every move, listening to their every word, and feeding them a stream of lies straight from Twitter-Facebook-Google. We have 24/7 cable news telling you who to hate and how, even if not why. We have wars no one can articulate why we are in that are usually against our own interests. We have academia editing history to either remove ideas that are problematic or insert new ones that are inclusive, like black Cheddar Man, black Vikings, black Egyptians, black Romans, and you get the idea.

I can't think of something he got wrong, in fact. I don't know why he wrote it or if he should have, but he was right about it. I don't know if it's an accident things have developed exactly that way. No matter, it's easy to say what was at least sold as a warning has become a guide.
No reason given
Edited by GarbageHorse