Viewing last 25 versions of post by Barhandar in topic Derpibooru Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Relief Thread

Barhandar
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Artist -
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained (Cheeky Breeky)

"[@Zaknel":](/forums/dis/topics/derpibooru-post-traumatic-stress-disorder-relief-thread?post_id=62646#post_62646
)  
Hence, "needs a definition of disrespect", because "being vitriolic with others" is _*not_* a mandatory part of disrespect. You can easily disrespect someone who disrespects you by ignoring them and not accounting for their opinions when making decisions, for example. Insulting them is not necessary.

If anything, insulting them is mutually exclusive with actual disrespect because it shows that you care about their emotions enough to try and spoil them.

[bq]

>
The Bible tells us to forgive others.[/bq]
The Bible is (partially) written/edited by shitty people who want to be forgiven without repenting for their misdeeds so that they can do more misdeeds. The extent of disrespect needed is not forgiving them if they had not repented.

*If you don't hold unrepented actions against whoever did them** (i.e. forgive them) **all it does is let them do it again**.

And again, problem with definition of forgiveness. "I will no longer dwell on this" shares the word with "I will not exact punishment in response to this action", even though they're very different concepts (the former is what lets you feel not-bad). Just like how "respect" shares twhree, and possibly more, meanings: "treating someone like an equal", and "treating someone like a superior" and "accounting for someone's position".
No reason given
Edited by Barhandar