Viewing last 25 versions of post by NorthyDreams in topic Derpibooru Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Relief Thread

NorthyDreams
Artist -
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Prince of Monsters
"[@Anonymous #A99E":](/forums/dis/topics/derpibooru-post-traumatic-stress-disorder-relief-thread?post_id=62618#post_62618
)  
I don't care if they're not pleasant. I don't care if it causes problems to allow free expression.

I care immensely about this community, and I refuse to clam up and allow it to succumb to censorship, even and **especially** "For its own good". If I was like you are suggesting, I would be demanding you all be shut up right now.

If you don't agree with this, you don't believe in freedom of expression. Outright.

If you don't believe in freedom of expression, that's fine, but I thank my lucky stars that you are not in control of anything.

"

[
@Boxless":](/forums/dis/topics/derpibooru-post-traumatic-stress-disorder-relief-thread?post_id=62620#post_62620
)  
No, I refuse to accept that this is an inevitability if one doesn't censor others' opinions and you have failed to provide any argument for why that is the case. The problem with Derpi was that the censors gained power without any recourse for holding them accountable. It is not that discourse 'was allowed' leading to that inevitably. If you'd like to make an actual case for how that is an inevitability, then feel free to make it, but don't pretend like you have an argument when you don't.

Not a single one of you has an actual statement of why allowing discourse and freedom of expression **inevitably** leads to the Derpibooru situation. You have no argument, just a bad example that doesn't fit what you're trying to say is necessary. Overturning the commitment to freedom of expression requires a LOT more than one bad example of something that happened as a result of **not** having a commitment to freedom of expression.

If anything, derpibooru is the PERFECT example of why we **need** to maintain our commitment to this. YThe censourious position is the exact one that **will** lead to the repeating of the cycle, not mine.
Reason: Emphasis
Edited by NorthyDreams
NorthyDreams
Artist -

Prince of Monsters
"@Anonymous #A99E":/forums/dis/topics/derpibooru-post-traumatic-stress-disorder-relief-thread?post_id=62618#post_62618
I don't care if they're not pleasant. I don't care if it causes problems to allow free expression.
I care immensely about this community, and I refuse to clam up and allow it to succumb to censorship, even and *especially* "For its own good". If I was like you are suggesting, I would be demanding you all be shut up right now.
If you don't agree with this, you don't believe in freedom of expression. Outright.
If you don't believe in freedom of expression, that's fine, but I thank my lucky stars that you are not in control of anything.

"@Boxless":/forums/dis/topics/derpibooru-post-traumatic-stress-disorder-relief-thread?post_id=62620#post_62620
No, I refuse to accept that this is an inevitability if one doesn't censor others' opinions and you have failed to provide any argument for why that is the case. The problem with Derpi was that the censors gained power without any recourse for holding them accountable. It is not that discourse 'was allowed' leading to that inevitably. If you'd like to make an actual case for how that is an inevitability, then feel free to make it, but don't pretend like you have an argument when you don't.

Not a single one of you has an actual statement of why allowing discourse and freedom of expression *inevitably* leads to the Derpibooru situation. You have no argument, just a bad example that doesn't fit what you're trying to say is necessary. Overturning the commitment to freedom of expression requires a LOT more than one bad example of something that happened as a result of *not* having a commitment to freedom of expression.

If anything, derpibooru is the PERFECT example of why we *need* to maintain our commitment to this. Your position is the exact one that *will* lead to the repeating of the cycle, not mine.
Reason: Emphasis
Edited by NorthyDreams
NorthyDreams
Artist -

Prince of Monsters
"@Anonymous #A99E":/forums/dis/topics/derpibooru-post-traumatic-stress-disorder-relief-thread?post_id=62618#post_62618
I care immensely about this community, and I refuse to clam up and allow it to succumb to censorship, even and *especially* "For its own good". If I was like you are suggesting, I would be demanding you all be shut up right now.

"@Boxless":/forums/dis/topics/derpibooru-post-traumatic-stress-disorder-relief-thread?post_id=62620#post_62620
No reason given
Edited by NorthyDreams