Viewing last 25 versions of post by NorthyDreams in topic Derpibooru Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Relief Thread

NorthyDreams
Artist -
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Prince of Monsters
"[@Barhandar":](/forums/dis/topics/derpibooru-post-traumatic-stress-disorder-relief-thread?post_id=62581#post_62581
)  
No, that's not what I said and you know it. Tolerance =/= Acceptance of their ideas. Use your head, you're not stupid.

You're putting words in my mouth, which is an extremely disingenuous method of arguing.

There is a difference. Shitty people are allowed to exist in this space, their ideas do not control us.

We must tolerate the existence of their bad ideas and counter with our own good ideas. You are simply wrong.

And, in being this kind of wrong you have proven to me that you are no better than they are, for they say exactly the same thing about your free ideas, which is the whole reason why I am disgusted with them in the first place. This censorious attitude is poison and antithetical to the values I and so many others believe in.

They are allowed to exist. Your argument is functionally "This happens because you do it badly and allow them to co-opt you inevitably." which is flagrantly false and presumes additional action beyond the toleration of the existence and speech of the other party. Your argument, therefore, falls flat. "Too bad" is not a rebuttal. "If shitty people feel welcome you fail" is censorious, "If good people feel unwelcome" is feelings over facts in the exact same way that they act that caused the exodus from derpi in the first place. Good people and shitty people must be welcome to voice their opinions and be roundly criticized, equally, for those ideas. If they're not, you're not creating a space that allows for free expression in any measure and you might as well just be Derpibooru with a new political bent.

You. Are. Everything. Wrong. With. Derpibooru. From. A. New. Angle. If you allow yourself to fall into this same trap.

Do **not** allow these ideas to be implemented in any measure.
Reason: typo, correction
Edited by NorthyDreams
NorthyDreams
Artist -
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Prince of Monsters
"@Barhandar":/forums/dis/topics/derpibooru-post-traumatic-stress-disorder-relief-thread?post_id=62581#post_62581
No, that's not what I said and you know it. Tolerance =/= Acceptance of their ideas. Use your head, you're not stupid.
You're putting words in my mouth, which is an extremely disingenuous method of arguing.

There is a difference. Shitty people are allowed to exist in this space, their ideas do not control us.
We must tolerate the existence of their bad ideas and counter with our own good ideas. You are simply wrong.

And, in being this kind of wrong you have proven to me that you are no better than they are, for they say exactly the same thing about your ideas, which is the whole reason why I am disgusted with them in the first place. This censorious attitude is poison and antithetical to the values I and so many others believe in.

They are allowed to exist. Your argument is functionally "This happens because you do it badly and allow them to co-opt you inevitably." which is flagrantly false and presumes additional action beyond the toleration of the existence and speech of the other party. Your argument, therefore, falls flat. "Too bad" is not a rebuttal. "If shitty people feel welcome you fail" is censorious, "If good people feel unwelcome" is feelings over facts in the exact same way that they act that caused the exodus from derpi in the first place. Good people and shitty people must be welcome to voice their opinions and be roundly criticized, equally, for those ideas. If they're not, you're not creating a space that allows for free expression in any measure and you might as well just be Derpibooru with a new political bent.

You. Are. Everything. Wrong. With. Derpibooru. From. A. New. Angle. If you allow yourself to fall into this same trap.

Do *not* allow these ideas to be implemented in any measure.
Reason: typo
Edited by NorthyDreams