Viewing last 25 versions of post by NorthyDreams in topic Derpibooru Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Relief Thread

NorthyDreams
Artist -
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Prince of Monsters
"[@Barhandar":](/forums/dis/topics/derpibooru-post-traumatic-stress-disorder-relief-thread?post_id=62545#post_62545
)  
I vehemently disagree with this. One sided tolerance is fine, you just need to remember that TOLERANCE does not mean ALLOWING yourself to be CO-OPTED. I don't understand what's so hard to understand about this.

TOLERATING intolerance does not mean ALLOWING the intolerant people to run your shit or trying their ideas.

It worked for us in the past. I stand by it now.

The paradox of tolerance, even one sided, does not work. Your reply is drawing the SAME false equivalence between tolerance and acceptance that they do.

Therefore, as per my standards, I reject your idea, but not your right to say it. It's that simple.

I reject the notion that tolerance itself leads to intolerance wholesale. Peddle this poison to someone else.
Reason: Emphasis
Edited by NorthyDreams
NorthyDreams
Artist -
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Prince of Monsters
"@Barhandar":/forums/dis/topics/derpibooru-post-traumatic-stress-disorder-relief-thread?post_id=62545#post_62545
I vehemently disagree with this. One sided tolerance is fine, you just need to remember that TOLERANCE does not mean ALLOWING yourself to be CO-OPTED. I don't understand what's so hard to understand about this.

TOLERATING intolerance does not mean ALLOWING the intolerant people to run your shit or trying their ideas.
It worked for us in the past. I stand by it now.
The paradox of tolerance, even one sided, does not work. Your reply is drawing the SAME false equivalence between tolerance and acceptance that they do.

Therefore, as per my standards, I reject your idea, but not your right to say it. It's that simple.
Reason: Emphasis
Edited by NorthyDreams