Viewing last 25 versions of post by FeatherTrap in topic Books

FeatherTrap
Boot badge - It's Bootiful
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
A toast - Incredibly based
Artist -
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Knight of Boops
I suppose this is the best place to talk about this, I can't find a more appropriate thread for it. I just rediscovered something from my childhood, and it feels like some kind of divine revelation right now. O.O

Recently, I've been having these flashbacks to a book I remember having when I was younger, I'm talking around five years old. It had _*lovely_* watercolour illustrations, the kind that you could look at for hours because they where so pleasing on the eye, and they really helped bring life to the story for my young mind.

The book was an anthology series with a loosely connected overarching plot, about gnomes and fairies getting into hyjinks with forest creatures, with some life lessons like learning to appreciate what you have, finding the best qualities in everyone, and so on.

And then there where these dragons that lived nearby in a place called Dragonland, they were really cool and I think they played a huge role in why I find dragons so awesome today (that and the Spyro series, of course).

Gradually, the story started to veer away from loosely connected slice of life, and into a more serialised arch when an evil gnome captured a dragon and did some experiments on him to turn him into a winged, fire-breathing servant to cause mayhem.

And it led to an escalating series of events involving a dragon child being kidnapped and forced to use his magical fire to heat a gnome forge, and that nearly resulted in a war between the Forest and Dragonland. That was one of my favourite parts, because-and I shit you not-it had fully illustrated army lists, like some colourful kids version of a Warhammer Codex.

...and this whole time **I thought I made it up**, cause I could never find it again.

Well guess what? I just did. It's called **Woodland Tales**, a collection of stories of **The Woodland Folk** series by **Tony Wolf**. After all these years, I can verify that it actually did exist and wasn't just a fever dream I made up as a child.  
And n
ow I'm really mad that my Mum gave the book away because I was getting too old for it, because I swear that book was so good and my flashes of memory of it where driving me mad.
No reason given
Edited by FeatherTrap