We're shutting down! Read more here

Vent Thread

Adán Druego
A toast - Incredibly based
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Artist -
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

@Anonymous #D9DC
Who cares how others view Christians? Why compromise one’s own beliefs just to fit in with others?
HoMoPhObIC hEtErOsExIsM!!
Most of this planet is heterosexual, so perhaps, learn to accept that. And many creation stories deal with the origins of MAN AND WOMAN, because we are a binary gendered species, so someone had to explain how men and women came to be, it’s not just a Christian thing.
FeatherTrap
Boot badge - It's Bootiful
Artist -

Knight of Boops
@Twiface
Well the anon made it sound truly ghastly, I didn’t realise it was going to be a complete non-torversy to anyone who hasn’t drunken the D.I.E. Cult Kool-Aid (technically we should be saying drinking the Flavor Aid but whatever)
FeatherTrap
Artist -

Knight of Boops
@FeatherTrap
Related to my last post:
Does anyone else get the feeling that self-identified Progressives genuinely don’t seem to understand that not everyone agrees with their moral framework?
Or to be more precise, that wide portions of the population disagree with their moral framework for justified and logical reasons that don’t involve them all being hateful and/or Nazis?
I get the feeling they don’t understand that they’re only about 16% to 18% of the population, and the reason they’re allowed to throw their temper tantrums in public spaces is because a disproportionate amount of them are in state institutions so they can run cover for their own…and because most people have too many real problems with just trying to keep the ship that is their health, career and family afloat in the ocean of life and don’t want to rock the boat with unnecessary drama.
Color Anon
U Lil Shid - Hi, Im a lil shid.
Artist -

Distant banjo noise
@FeatherTrap
Self identified people tend to be autists let loose on the internet, so of course they cannot ever see all the trouble they cause for everyone and themselves, no matter how many times they get called out or things blow on their faces every time they open their mouths and try to get things their way. All what they care about is having things their way no matter who has to pay, and they can’t ever understand why everyone keeps saying “no” to them, no matter how hard they try to use tricks, drama and lies to guilt trip everyone into giving them what they want.
In fact, I have never seen a single self proclaimed anything guy having a happy life and not being a souce of grief and trouble for every person they interact with, starting with their own families.
Twiface
Twilight Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.

Princess of GREGGS
I get the feeling they don’t understand that they’re only about 16% to 18% of the population
They don’t. They live in echo chambers. They often live in states/cities/neighborhoods and spend time on websites full of people like themselves, and even if they don’t, they’ll naturally gravitate towards like minded people and befriend them. Many are also terminally online, and on the internet you can (usually) just block people you don’t want to listen to. So they surround themselves with like-minded people and rarely encounter opposing viewpoints that aren’t dumbed down, misinterpreted, or otherwise made to seem too ridiculous for any normal and reasonable person to believe them.
There is also a tendency (on all sides) to latch onto political candidates and assume that all of their supporters are a homogenous blob. Eg: if a left wing candidate wins an election with 54% of the vote, to assume that ALL of those voters are progressive activists, rather than only half or a third of them, with the rest being split between other constituencies that have different but somewhat compatible interests. But many people just look at election results and assume that half the population are just like them and the other half are the worst caricatures of the other side that they can imagine.
that wide portions of the population disagree with their moral framework for justified and logical reasons that don’t involve them all being hateful and/or Nazis?
No, they usually dismiss all opposition as being born out of ignorance, malice, or both. And many of the more radical ones lack a theory of mind.
IvanSatoru
Artist -

Angle-Considerer
What is the most important issue on this list?
  • I can’t find a job and I have no money
  • Some boys at a private school in Australia made a tier list of their female classmates
  • Some guy at an American university made monkey noises as some black people passed by
Twiface
Twilight Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.

Princess of GREGGS
@IvanSatoru
In order of how important each item is:
  1. Unemployment and Poverty
  2. Monkey noises
  3. Men have been ranking women in terms of hotness for decades, if not longer. The Australian school thing sounds like a complete nontroversy.
Fleur de Lis
Artist -

déanaim seitreach
@IvanSatoru
“What is the most important issue on this list?”
  1. Some guy at an American university made monkey noises as some black people passed by
  2. Some boys at a private school in Australia made a tier list of their female classmates
  3. I can’t find a job and I have no money
@Twiface
That answer isn’t very progressive…
ᎶㄖҜㄩ 乃ㄥ卂匚Ҝ

Zamasu
Welp, I think this laptop is almost toast. Chrome keeps redirecting me to Bing even after messing with settings, clearing all data, restoring all settings to default, updating to the latest version and even uninstalling and reinstalling Chrome. I think I’ve got some malware I can’t get rid of. Plus one of the cooling fans are busted, which makes this laptop now more prone to overheat than ever.
Oh well, at least I have another one ready to move onto.
UrbanMysticDee

Bae > Bay
Piece of shit headphones. I got these 29 August last year. 8 days ago a piece of plastic flew off and disappeared. Now the left side just hangs down. It can no longer be adjusted, it’s just flopping loose.
There are 3 kinds of headphones: the ones that go directly inside the ear canal, the big huge giant 1970s ones that tweens these days like that cover your whole head and make everything sound like a tunnel, and the 1990s style that fits on top of the ear without covering it completely. I only like the third kind and finding them is like finding a needle in a haystack.
Didn’t even last a year. I remember in 2009 I had headphones that lasted 5+ years. They used to fail when one of the sides stopped making noise. The physical structure was indestructible. Now they fail in 9 months.
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide