Pony Life Thread

MrGhostman

Tree Hugger Lover
I kinda like it. It has this over the top style and humour while retaining the overall heart of what made Friendship Is Magic great.
Fleur de Lis
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Artist -
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

déanaim seitreach
I watched season 1 of Pony Life.

It is very shallow. However, it doesn’t commit any mortal sins and is not directly contemptuous like some episodes of late FIM. As for the comedy, it is much less funny than most comedic moments in FIM.

Overall, if one truly has nothing better to do, it won’t damage your mind/soul/whatever to watch it.

The character designs are mediocre.

But Twilight is still adorable. Also; she lives in a tree; as nature intended.

RD8K
Boot badge - It's Bootiful
Artist -

Calarts is like being given a participation trophy. You didn’t even try to put effort into it, you was given that opportunity to worked on this Popular I.P. with a cult following “Just because.” full  
Meanwhile all the talented animators who put effort to give us something worth a watch are on youtube. Getting killed off by the algorithm like it the Omaha Beach.
ANoobis
A toast - Incredibly based
Book Horse - A user who has contributed to 5k+ metadata changes.

Ghibelline Omnipotens
One of the things that’s struck me as I’ve been going through this show is Twilight’s hero worship of Potion Nova. After Celestia, Luna and Starswirl, how is Potion Nova intimidating to her?
KillswitchEngageHyperFanatic
Liberty Belle - A bell rings once again in honor of the unchained.  (Attended our anniversary picture.)

More Than Just A Fanboy
@RD8K  
I’m glad to see I’m not the only one who finds disgusting or at least uncomfortable the Calart style. The original series had an amazing style, better than the previous generations, making character designs with so much personality, brilliance, and charisma. Is a shame seeing this spin-off falling in generic designs, also reinforcing the prejuices people have about reboots and spin-offs. Anyway, the designs are the less of the problems I have with the series, however is still good seeing someone with the same point of view.
Dex Stewart
Boot badge - It's Bootiful
Artist -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@ANoobis  
I’ve seen enough to know I still like PL better. The plots don’t seem to be anything amazing, just cutesy gags. Except I hate TYT’s art style. PL wins simply on aesthetics. Also I don’t care for the new voice cast, but I seem to be in the minority on that.
Anonymous #E4F1
@ANoobis  
The episodes are short and therefor less painful so they win by default. I’m not just being funny, I’m having a hard time muddling through my feelings on TYT, but at least I finished every episode so far, I can’t say the same for PL.
Fleur de Lis
Artist -

déanaim seitreach
Now that Tell Your Tale is releasing episodes, how does Pony Life compare?
Directly comparing it to Tell Your Tale, I think I prefer Pony Life. Pony Life is very different tonally from FIM. Tell Your Tale is much closer to the G5 movie and specials in tone, so just feels like a short version of that with vastly inferior visuals.

I only now finally watched Season 2 of Pony Life. I like the way the episodes flow into each other, though it does make it hard to recall anything after viewing. Season 1 was the same in that. It’s like the FIM characters having season-long fever dreams.
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide