G5 discussion thread

Anonymous #2126
Latest TYT: Izzy continues to be annoying. Not a bad episode or anything, but not good either. Once again, the short runtime saves what could have been an obnoxious premise if someone had been crazy enough to try and stretch it to 22 minutes.
ANoobis
A toast - Incredibly based
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Book Horse - A user who has contributed to 5k+ metadata changes.
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Ghibelline Omnipotens
The latest episode was a retread of Party of One, but Izzy got to that point instantly. We got a little world building, in the form of a unicorn holiday, and the first instance in TYT of the three tribes even recognizing that there are differences between them. Izzy continues to be a pain to all around her, which is unfortunate, since she was my favorite character in the movie. We finally see the inside of Maretime Bay’s movie theater, and see a few seconds of the Ponyformers film.
Officer Hotpants
Rabid Squirrel - Don't pet it.
Officer Shid pants - Hi, Im a lil shid.

Double-0 Negative
@ANoobis  
I was afraid they might run her character into the ground after the generally positive reaction people had to her.

Also I really wish they’d named the show anything else because my brain never fails to translate that to “The Young Turks”.
TheBridge
Boot badge - It's Bootiful

I know NOTHING
@ANoobis  
That was what I feared with her, bubbly and cheerful often = stupid, hyperactive and LOL random in the eyes of the modern writer. I was impressed in the movie when they didn’t do that in the movie and one of the things that gave me a little interest over being outright dismissive. Now, Bubbly cheerful characters can have some elements of LOL random or stupidity but there is a difference between it just being deployed sometimes or innocence and being naive.

@Officer Hotpants  
Now you got me thinking that too. I am actually surprised I didn’t notice that before.
ANoobis

Ghibelline Omnipotens
I guess the 3D show is being preceded by a special. The description makes it sound like it’s going to explore the division between the ponies. I hope we get some solid world building.
ANoobis

Ghibelline Omnipotens
There wasn’t much to the latest episode. This one revolved around Sunny. She didn’t like everyone being too busy to share breakfast, so she unilaterally scheduled a hike for that same day. She and Hitch both evidently don’t know the recreational hiking trail near the town they grew up in. Izzy was inconsiderate all episode, as usual for this show. I hope Make Your Mark restores her personality from the movie.

At the end, Izzy sings a song that includes a line disparaging Earth Ponies. I found it strange that this song referenced magic. Unicorns had been without magic for what seemed to be at least a few hundred years. It shouldn’t be a touchstone of their culture when Izzy was growing up.
TheBridge

I know NOTHING
@IvanSatoru  
The CGI in the first movie I considered above average and some scenes to even be rather good looking. Though there were hints of uncanny valley at times. We shall see how much of a downgrade the series is.
πʊßƛįϰ

@IvanSatoru  
Beanheads, for sure. CGI at least has the possibility of being done well.

@TheBridge  
The movie looked far better in action than in stills. The stills were downright uncanny. Once set in motion, the third dimension was no longer distracting when the ponies used it.
Anonymous #FA1C
@ANoobis  
It’s also been brought to my attention that Hasbro took the project from Boulder Media for some reason. The new studio has the movie assets but not the experience working with them. That likely feeds into the drop at least a little.
TheBridge

I know NOTHING
@Fleur de Lis  
The most it could be is simply comfy. If it had some atmosphere and cute easter eggs I would say that would be quality enough. Considering the reputation of licensed games though I think I will still be sticking to fan games for my Pony gaming fix.
Anonymous #FA1C
Latest TYT: Izzy TYT continues to be the worst, earth ponies confirmed to have their own magic (let’s see if any of the writers remember that in the future), and the ending… y’know, if they needed to recapture the memories of Maretime Bay Day they could have just gone around to other ponies to find as many of them that took pictures and video to replace what got lost. I’m left with the same frustrated feeling at the solution that I had to Once Upon a Zeppelin except even more annoyed because there actually was a solution.
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide