G5 discussion thread

Anonymous #1D70
I kind of hope Cozy, Tirek and Chrysalis don’t have any direct interaction with the new show. I’m still of the mind set that G5 will be better off the less of G4 it directly tries to use. I’d be cool with it if they were involved with whatever caused the loss of harmony and the disappearance of the princesses, but I think it’d be best of they’ve already been killed off screen and the new cast has to indirectly deal with something disastrous they set in motion centuries before.
Officer Hotpants
Rabid Squirrel - Don't pet it.
A toast - Incredibly based
Officer Shid pants - Hi, Im a lil shid.
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Double-0 Negative
@Cyborg_pony  
Yeah, except for the part where he didn’t get all of it.

Indeed, though. There’s a lot of it that doesn’t make sense. Where are the immortal alicorns and why didn’t they do anything when society was falling apart and magic was dying? Where’s fucking Twilight, in particular? What about Cadance, Flurry and the Crystal Empire? What happened to all the other species? How is the planet still alive without anyone to move the sun and moon? You know: little things.
πʊßƛįϰ

@Officer Hotpants  
The most salient point is the one about the sun and moon. The rest can be explained away by saying that G5 takes place 3000 years after the end of FiM or by just how little of the world we’ve seen so far. Griffins and dragons may be alive and well on the other side of the world from where ponies live.
Cyborg_pony

@Officer Hotpants  
That’s what never sat well with me. Several simping for G5 acted like it was MORE Diverse and inclusive then G4, when they removed 75% of the species and only focused on the 3 breeds of miniature horses - and then the MC getting Alicorned pretty much at level 1, when Twilight took several adventures, trials to be ready. It’s like if Nero had Devil Trigger after Mission 1 in DMC4, it feels unearned.
πʊßƛįϰ

@Cyborg_pony  
They did have greater diversity than FiM in at least one area: it’s commonplace for ponies in ANG to have socks and blazes instead of being a distinctively unusual coat marking.

I’d need to look at screenshots of ZH to see whether the royal pegasisters are the only pegasi with special wings or if there is a diversity of wing style in the general population.
ANoobis
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Book Horse - A user who has contributed to 5k+ metadata changes.

Ghibelline Omnipotens
I really hope the background ponies are good. It’s kind of sad to think that Lyra, Vinyl, Octavia and the rest are just dead and forgotten. I’d like the supporting cast we’re getting in exchange to be at least as colorful.
Cyborg_pony

@Dex Stewart  
CalArts shows rarely do well.

One, Being the overly simplified art style. The flash puppets from G4 look to have more personality.

Two, They’re overly simplified stories Basically, going back to G3.5 in terms of complex plotlines.

@ANoobis  
Hard to say, I’ve seen them defend and attack shows that are similar. It just depends on what they’ll told to do.
Dex Stewart
Boot badge - It's Bootiful
Artist -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
I don’t care for the G5’s 2d look, but I think people are getting FAR too worked up over it.  
Maybe I’ve been burned harder by MotU Revelation worse than I realized, but I really don’t have any issue with the 2d series. Especially not now, we don’t have anything more than a preview with a little of the animation and an annoying song. It’s not murdering characters, being dead boring, bringing back G4 characters and murdering them, writing the characters wildly out of character, sticking the Elements of Harmony in a meteor for no reason, it’s fine.  
If it comes out and sucks, it sucks.  
Or maybe I’m just pissed because every time I’ve called something out based on design I get responses like,“it’s for a new audience”,“you just can’t accept change”,“it’s just a show/movie”,“the original wasn’t good anyway”, and crap like that.
Officer Hotpants
Rabid Squirrel - Don't pet it.
Officer Shid pants - Hi, Im a lil shid.

Double-0 Negative
@ANoobis  
Most likely the latter. No matter how many shows you overlay and show how they near-perfectly line up, the deniers will insist to their dying breath that there is no unifying style there.
πʊßƛįϰ

Bean-mouth is a more accurate description/insult for that style, anyway. Yes, it may have started as Cal Arts, but  
  1. Most users of it aren’t Cal Arts grads  
  2. Most Cal Arts grads no longer are devoted to that style  
    Rather than be spergy over the name, make the stronger argument that the style sucks and is unpleasant to view.
ANoobis

Ghibelline Omnipotens
I haven’t seen any of them but Unikitty, but are Star vs., Gravity Falls, Unikitty, and Gumball considered to be bean mouth shows? I like Unikitty quite a bit, it’s what I was hoping Pony Life would be like.
TheBridge

I know NOTHING
@Dex Stewart  
I think it looks very cheap and I am very turned off but yeah, probably not worth a large fuss over it, especially considering how this is just supplementary to fill in a marketing hole over what we are primarily getting.

>Maybe I’ve been burned harder by MotU Revelation worse  
I am someone that has little if any experience with He-man yet I have kept hearing about how toxic that was. What really blows me away is how I have seen more then one person like you too, “Dude, I am chill and try not to be negative but this series was insane” and not just fandom menace types. Makes me feel a mix of a morbid curiosity and fear for how a series can really mess up monumentally.
TheBridge

I know NOTHING
So, the G5 comic mentioning Canterlot on the one hand interests me, though I also could see a system where such direct connections to G4 are mostly connected to there, which would make sense on some level but be a disappoint to those who want G5 to go deeply into G4 lore as a whole. Especially if the comics are the same semi-canonical status of the G4 series. Any lore established or hinted at could be as quickly of wiped away as fast as King Sombra’s comic redemption.

@Dex Stewart  
That hurt to read. I feel sorry for you guys and your fandom though hopefully that chapter can be passed and forgotten soon.
ANoobis

Ghibelline Omnipotens
How much must it suck to be a Scootaloo in the G5 movie? Magic returns, everyone else starts flying around, and she would have remained grounded. Living in a world without magic would have meant not knowing she was disabled.
Anonymous #95B0
I’ve watched the four episodes of Tell Your Tale and…. meh? I didn’t hate it, it’s not as brain-dead as Pony Life, or at least each episode is short enough that I don’t really care if it is, but I can’t stop thinking how that’s 20 minutes of my life I won’t be getting back.

So far I like Zipp the best, I like Hitch though he had the least to do in all four episodes, Sunny was okay, I like Pipp when she’s not doing something related to her phone which isn’t often, and I just hate Izzy. She’s the resident dumb character and so far everything bad about that sort of character seems to be present.

Oh and Sprout’s on the run from the law apparently.  

I like that.
ANoobis

Ghibelline Omnipotens
Finally watched the first episode of TYT. Do they really all live together in Maretime Bay in the crystal lighthouse now? I hope that doesn’t carry over to the main series, and also that the crystal lighthouse doesn’t carry over. I liked her sweet lighthouse, it was almost like having Golden Oak Library back.

The character designs got to me a little. The legs are too long and are unnaturally shaped. Especially Sunny, she skitters around like a spider.
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide