G5 discussion thread

Fleur de Lis
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Artist -
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

déanaim seitreach
@enig  
It seems a lot of people are expecting some strict continuity. This is strange to me, as it is without precedent in MLP of the past. There were already multiple unrelated canons in G1. G3 does not connect to any of those. And G4 did not connect to anything before it. Is this a failure to communicate to the audience what this new generation is? And will this actually have much effect on how successful it is?

At least there was nothing insulting to any of the worthwhile parts of G4 in the film.
Wingnut

@Fleur de Lis  
Yeah, but all the other generations were clean breaks from each other, weren’t they? This one is set in the same universe as G4 though, at least that’s the really heavy implication.
Fleur de Lis
Artist -

déanaim seitreach
@Wingnut  
G4 did reuse character names and designs from G3. G4 to G5 is certainly less of a clean break than between previous generations. But, there is still nothing in the film to suggest much continuity beyond the mane 6 having existed some time in the past.
Anonymous #39BA
@Acres  
Saw that as well…  
How much audacity can you get to post controversial ideologies and associate it to a children’s movie? lmao twitter bs as always
Dex Stewart
Boot badge - It's Bootiful
Artist -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@Acres  
When Sprout is riling up the mob?  
That’s the closest I can think of. They’re in the wrong in that scene, though, so why not use Nazi imagery?  
It’s like the weirdo hyper Christian types who get mad when the bad guy in a cartoon does bad things.
ANoobis
A toast - Incredibly based
Book Horse - A user who has contributed to 5k+ metadata changes.

Ghibelline Omnipotens
I finally found a place to see it, and I liked it. As I expected, the Twitter hysteria is nonsense. Calling Sprout a Nazi is absolutely ridiculous.
Officer Hotpants
Rabid Squirrel - Don't pet it.
Officer Shid pants - Hi, Im a lil shid.

Double-0 Negative
Well. Finally got to watch the movie yesterday. I liked it. The songs were a bit hit & miss (Izzy’s was the best) but overall I’d say they did a really good job with it. I still think the schizo tech element is weird.
Anonymous #DEAA
I’m wondering why the unicorns seem to live in such squalor compared to the other two races. They’ve fallen a long way since building the city of Canterlot.
Officer Hotpants

Double-0 Negative
@Anonymous #DEAA  
I wouldn’t call their living conditions “squalor”. That said, between growing their homes like a bunch of four-legged Telvanni and losing access to the singular tool they used for everything they did, I’d imagine they didn’t really know how to compensate and certainly weren’t in a position to fall back upon a technological base.
Anonymous #DEAA
@Anonymous #DEAA  
Speaking of which, it’s awfully convenient the pegasi just happened to build their new city on a mountain top instead of on a cloud before they lost their flight. Let’s just hope Cloudsdale had already been abandoned when that happened, because the aftermath would have been horrifying.
Officer Hotpants

Double-0 Negative
@Anonymous #DEAA  
They probably were. My point is that when they lost their magic, the unicorns couldn’t just say “well that sucks” and switch over to tech because, from the look of things, all their shit was magic.
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide