Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Donor | Lyra -
Squirrel of Legend - A squirrel that was there in a time of great need
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Senior Moderator
pingus
In regards to this image  
>>2810024 <-pony life season 2 spoilers

I crafted a slight theory that might give us further insight into the potential plot of the movie  
so I copy and pasted it

The mlp movies premise is supposedly about how twilight’s mission to unite everyone has failed and that a race war between earth ponies, unicorns, and pegasi has erupted. Im wonder if this still as well as the reveal of mecha (mega?) ponies in pony life are going to act as some sort of setup for the eventual collapse of race relations within equestria and potentially abroad? Perhaps the introduction of a villain who grants other sentient species the abilities to rival the powers of the ponies and their respective races? I could see that causing some divide amongst the 3 primary races and devolve into a war of supremacy and mistrust among former friends.

I actually haven’t delved too deep into the supposed premise or leaks of the movie, so if my information is way off just let me know.
ANoobis
A toast - Incredibly based
Book Horse - A user who has contributed to 5k+ metadata changes.
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.

Ghibelline Omnipotens
@Luzion  
I never follow pre-release information too closely, but is the premise of G5 really race-war? Not ethnocentrism or tribalism, but actual racial conflict? Is that confirmed?
Luzion
Rampant Alicorn - The majestic steed of a blessed crusade
Donor | Lyra -

Senior Moderator
pingus
@ANoobis  
according to a few leaks Ive seen its heavily implied that a war between races is the main plot

the imdb page says  
The feisty and idealistic young Earth Pony seeks to united the divided world of Equestria after it loses its magic. She teams with a lost Unicorn named Izzy to take on the daunting mission, proving that even little ponies can make a big difference.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10101702/plotsummary

there was also this post on 4chan bbut credibility is difficult to 100% confirm but I believe it was posted before any offical animations or promotional material were leaked.  
full
ANoobis

Ghibelline Omnipotens
@Luzion  
Sounds really suspect. The animation isn’t 3D mimicking 2D. Unless the police guy ends up being a changeling in disguise, that’s a major thing to leave out. No word on why the promo material is treating G4 like it was an in-canon tv show in G5.
Luzion
Donor | Lyra -

Senior Moderator
pingus
@ANoobis  
not sure about the 3d mimicking 2d, that sure seems off.

but as for the promo treating G4 like a tv show I assume youre refering to the figurines of the mane 6 in the background? Well if my theory and the leaks are correct, we can assume that this is 10’s if not 100’s of years in the future after twilight (who presumably lived for 1000 years or more) has passed away. So we can expect a reasonable amount of technological improvement over g4’s current tech. I assume the story of the mane 6 is common place and it wouldnt be a surprise if merch and books and other mass produced memorabilia is common place in the movies canonical year.

I mean in g4 there was a discord lamp, so it wouldnt be outside the realm of possibility.
ANoobis

Ghibelline Omnipotens
So far all of G5 is riding the coattails of that tennis ball. I don’t know if that means anything regarding the quality of the final product, but there it is.
ANoobis

Ghibelline Omnipotens
The emphasis on social media and technology makes G5 feel more like a follow-up to Pony Life than G4.
Acres
A toast - Incredibly based (but on what?)
U Lil Shid - Hi, Im a lil shid.
Donor | Applejack - Wait, this isn't Lyra's...
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained (Renowned Sound)

Since this is a speculation thread any and all spoilers that have not been officially released need to be spoiled and have a clear warning in the post
TheBridge
Boot badge - It's Bootiful

I know NOTHING
Getting closer and closer to it’s release. I don’t think it’ll be G4 or really hold my interest as strongly but I don’t think I’ll hate it either. Truth be told my expectations are merely average to slightly above average. I think if I have any hate that I would be willing to complain about is if it directly spit on the legacy of what happened in FiM in some way. My bet is more likely or not it’ll be inoffensive and just vaguely placed in the world in the further future with only some callbacks.

@ANoobis  
This could be a really good point. If it is filled to the brim with LOLRandom humor with little logic it will be. Coolest possible version is it feeling like a true far future fanfic like Harmony Theory or something but I still wouldn’t want that either.
Fleur de Lis
Artist -

déanaim seitreach
I’m seriously questioning whether I should even watch this one.

Not hating it, just I might be better off keeping it mostly outside of my experience.
Humble Oriathan

Wally Worshiper
@Fleur de Lis  
We’ll just pretend this never happened. Anytime anyone birngs up this movie, feign ignorance and insist that no such film was ever made. It’s a netflix exclusive. It’s gonna be forgotten anyway.
Anonymous #3289
@Fleur de Lis  
I’m having the same thought.

I’ve been trying to remain neutral on the whole thing before watching it, but I have eyes dammit! I can already see from the clips that the writing feels cringy, the animation overly energetic and jittery, the story sounds really lame especially as a follow up to FiM, and the models are resting in a very weird place in the uncanny valley. I already know I couldn’t get through this on my own and the friends who I watched FiM with are pretty hesitant to sit through it with me.

At this point I’m thinking of just waiting for the series proper to start and hope that’s more palatable. I can only hope by that point the writers aren’t trying far too hard to endear the characters and world to us. Even if it isn’t at least it’ll just be 22 minute episodes.
Cyborg_pony

How come the usual suspects are talking about this movie being about “Anti-racism” when G4 literally had Griffons, yaks and other creatures, but this movie seems focused on just ponies? It sounds like a bad D&D movie about the same thing, but only having Human races like humans, Elves and Dwarves.

Critics loving it is a big sign is just typical Hollywood trash, and ironically, many who said not to listen to the same critics when they trashed on the previous show and movie are now lapping up their every word. It’s as if they gave up their originality just to fit in and not be “the bigot”.
Sapphie
Rampant Bear - A courageous companion
Autist -
Lil Importer Shid - Hi, Im a lil shid.

Senior Moderator
Unavailable
Aight, I fucking loved it. Idc if that’s the unpopular opinion, the movie was genuinely fun, and I actually love the characters. Except Pipp, Pipp is fucking boring. But damn, I loved Izzy, I loved Hitch, and I adored Sunny. Zipp, too, was really cool, and actually likeable. I was prepared to hate her because of her voice actress, but she was actually a really chill character.  
The ending was a bit odd though. Still, I really loved it and I’m excited for the rest of the series. It’s certainly leaps better than G4’s pilot (specifically the stupidass scene that’s supposed to show how honest Applejack is). If I had to rank them, it would be, from fave to least, Sunny, Hitch, Izzy, Zipp, Pipp.
IvanSatoru
Artist -

Angle-Considerer
@Sapphie  
>better than g4’s pilot  
howdareyou.mp4  
That’s some comfort. Maybe I’ll watch it. I’m really not that demanding when it comes to motion picture, but some cliches make me cringe and I already saw some in the clips popping up here.  
And why does the cop pony not have gun doe?
Sapphie
Rampant Bear - A courageous companion
Autist -
Lil Importer Shid - Hi, Im a lil shid.

Senior Moderator
Unavailable
@IvanSatoru  
Hey, it’s true. I loved g4, but the first two episodes are definitely not why I like it.  
I mean, they did draw me in on my first watch, since I thought something along the lines of “hey, this is like an anime” (cut me some slack I was 15). But on my rewatches I always ended up cringing at how contrived it is.  
I had one joke in the entire film make me cringe, but other than that I pretty much enjoyed myself throughout the entire thing. The trailer certainly puts forward the more “oooh shiny” parts of the film, imo, so maybe the parts you didn’t like are concentrated in the trailer scenes.  
But yeah, give Hitch a gun.
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide