We're working on it.

AdudefromCHL95
Boot badge - It's Bootiful
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
U Lil Shid - Hi, Im a lil shid.
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

@ZizzyDizzyMC  
Well shit, after reading that quickly, I thought that the site was gonna die and didn’t even get into 1 full year of it’s creation.  
But then I read it closely and it’s just a maintenance and we all got smeckledorfed.

Hopefully you’ll get a new efficent and convenient laptop to run things smoothly.
to_fat_to_fly
Rampant Stag - A swift sidekick (Serendipitously Sexy)
Artist -

Also you’ve been jebaited and we’ll just be doing maintenance soon but the maintenance will probably be on a period of a day or so for our final migration

This does not make people want to donate  
I will at some point in the future though
ZizzyDizzyMC
Rampant Alicorn - The majestic steed of a blessed crusade (Masqueraded Esteem)
Autist - How long until you notice this?  I noticed it after 4 days , but really I didn't even look till now.
Lil Shid Culture - If you see someone with a lil shid badge, you should refer to them by "Listen here you lil shid."
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained (The Bellstrike)

Administrator
Site Developer
@to_fat_to_fly  
The long maintenance is only because the current server is ass regarding backend file transfers. Works great on the front end, but transferring “the last 24 hours” is the slowest thing I’ve ever seen from this kind of server.
TheBridge

I know NOTHING
@ZizzyDizzyMC  
You sure got me panicked for a second there.

>Laptops.  
Dude, you deserve a new laptop. That thing looks more wrecked then my worst laptop that can’t even hold its monitor up anymore without me resting it on a box. This seems like me. LOL. I use stuff until it breaks, and then use it some more every laptop I’ve ever owned still boots somehow…

>Settled on a Dell G15 Ryzen with a 3060, it’s $1450 after taxes and applying a 2 year warranty selection.  
I am still behind the world it seems. My family recently forced me to get a new laptop well a gift and I am still freaked out that you couldn’t find a real laptop for under $300, just chromebooks. I know, gaming requirements and all that, but that number just seems so big. That’s the price for performance I suppose.
TheBridge

I know NOTHING
@Marker  
I am also curious. Did it still work anyway? I guess I could see him leaving it be if he used it primarily as a desktop but I would just take it out if that was the case.

>post_id=44444#post_44444  
Also, your post was 44444, congrats on the… not GET since this ain’t a chan, but I thought would note it.
ZizzyDizzyMC
Autist - How long until you notice this?  I noticed it after 4 days , but really I didn't even look till now.
Lil Shid Culture - If you see someone with a lil shid badge, you should refer to them by "Listen here you lil shid."

Administrator
Site Developer
@ZizzyDizzyMC
My issue wasn’t with the maintenance
Epic prank and then asking for cash
Probably does more harm than good, even if people know it’ll be used for the site directly

I had doubts anyone would throw me cash, so I decided to go the meme route. Who doesn’t like batteries that look like flat bread? I figured all of the posts about how FUCKED this thing was would just get some laughs if anything. I only made a passing mention of the cash, it’s already been covered by two friends that are way too nice to me. If I actually got anything it’d be divided between the two. Understandable how some folks might take that the wrong way though.

@TheBridge  
@ZizzyDizzyMC
You sure got me panicked for a second there.
>Laptops.
Dude, you deserve a new laptop. That thing looks more wrecked then my worst laptop that can’t even hold its monitor up anymore without me resting it on a box. This seems like me. LOL. I use stuff until it breaks, and then use it some more every laptop I’ve ever owned still boots somehow…
>Settled on a Dell G15 Ryzen with a 3060, it’s $1450 after taxes and applying a 2 year warranty selection.
I am still behind the world it seems. My family recently forced me to get a new laptop well a gift and I am still freaked out that you couldn’t find a real laptop for under $300, just chromebooks. I know, gaming requirements and all that, but that number just seems so big. That’s the price for performance I suppose.

Yeah anything below that steps into 1050 ti territory or 1660 and both things are already really aged and there’s no reason to pay 600-800 for something with a very limited lifespan because all of the parts except ram and HDD is soldered directly to the board. The G15 - all of the ports are on daughter boards so if something gets broken it can be fixed unlike the MSI GS63 Stealth 8re I got now. To be very fair, the GS63 was given to me (I paid shipping) and it was already in this condition. I’ve kept repairing it but it’s just too far gone now.

G15 does have the cpu and gpu soldered to the board - but it’s at least a newer part that’ll have a long service life ahead of it and it’s got that super high TDP (comes with a 240w power brick) that’ll ensure it’s got enough power to keep going for many years. Ram is replaceable and it has 2 nvme slots for drives.

Biggest gripe is no cd drive and no 2.5” bay internally.
TheBridge

I know NOTHING
@Marker  
So you’re extra lucky!

@ZizzyDizzyMC  
One question: how long was the battery in that state? Did you ever charge it looking like that?

Biggest gripe is no cd drive and no 2.5” bay internally.

That is a problem I have with these newer machines; no optical media. There is some instances where I want that still and I think they shouldn’t be entirely phased out (same for headphone jacks, etc) Then again I still use floppy disks so perhaps I am just old fashioned.
ZizzyDizzyMC

Administrator
Site Developer
@TheBridge  
No I didn’t charge it like that - I use it always plugged in and I went to turn it off for the night and that’s when I noticed the lid didn’t shut and then immediately noticed it bulging and unplugged and removed it out of the laptop that same hour. Damage was already done though - it broke a few of the screw mount points off as well.
AdudefromCHL95
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
U Lil Shid - Hi, Im a lil shid.

Did anyone saw that this site was down for a moment? Any specific upgrades?

Just noticed one.  
When uploading an image, the Fetch button works with a Twitter link, before that it didn’t fetched the image from that site and an orange line appeared without a text, like an error.
ZizzyDizzyMC

Administrator
Site Developer
@AdudefromCHL95  
Fruit roll up by the foot, but I mis-merged something and I broke it for about 5 minutes longer than anticipated. No particular upgrades, just feature roll-up primarily. If there’s new features, I don’t know.
ZizzyDizzyMC

Administrator
Site Developer
I’m going to start the final migration process in an hour or two. This will likely last several hours of downtime.
ZizzyDizzyMC

Administrator
Site Developer
We’re sort of back but it’s kind of broken for a bit.

It will take some time for the rest of the thumbnails to be copied over, new uploads should function.
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide