We're working on it.

ZizzyDizzyMC
Rampant Alicorn - The majestic steed of a blessed crusade (Masqueraded Esteem)
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Autist - How long until you notice this?  I noticed it after 4 days , but really I didn't even look till now.
Lil Shid Culture - If you see someone with a lil shid badge, you should refer to them by "Listen here you lil shid."
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained (The Bellstrike)

Administrator
Site Developer
Apologies for the issues - for the record I have nothing to do with the issues. Elasticsearch completely locked up for no reason with 0 error log as to why, and redis did as well. Restarted both - with a reindex and voila it works again.
ZizzyDizzyMC
Autist - How long until you notice this?  I noticed it after 4 days , but really I didn't even look till now.
Lil Shid Culture - If you see someone with a lil shid badge, you should refer to them by "Listen here you lil shid."

Administrator
Site Developer
Tomorrow sometime between 12PM to midnight EST there will be some downtime for specific areas of the site.  
Images in comments, image scraping and a few other features won’t work as I work on one of the backend servers. Site itself will only experience a random downtime of about 10 minutes somewhere in between that time.

Depends on when I wake up and how ready my stuff is.
ZizzyDizzyMC

Administrator
Site Developer
Heh, I realized after posting this that there wouldn’t be any downtime at all because I already migrated this service like a month ago lol. We will migrate this service again - but not for another few weeks.
ZizzyDizzyMC

Administrator
Site Developer
Well it’s about time for a “state of the booru” post.

It’s with a heavy heart that I have to inform my users that we will be going offline. I know it’s heart breaking and we’ve had a lot of fun. I really hope you guys back up all of your loved material, it would be a shame if you didn’t know what to do in the mean time. Also you’ve been jebaited and we’ll just be doing maintenance soon but the maintenance will probably be on a period of a day or so for our final migration. Date is not yet set.

In other news regarding the site network, Z Plus - Our subscribestar is about the same, but the patreon is falling. Some of the subscribe star is people donating (temporarily) for hosting on the Z Plus network, these people will be removing their pledges soon when I have another payment processor for VPS hosting. (about $60 of the subscribe star is unrelated to Ponybooru / The Pony Archive or related sites.)

Z Plus is still a money sink BUT we’re almost back to money neutral after the major hardware upgrade and new clients being added. If you are interested in VPS hosting for your next project, let me know - rates are competitive and storage is relatively cheap.

In other more personal news, my laptop that I do much of my work through (not on) kind of just bit the dust almost completely. A couple folks who I know well, and knows me well have indicated that they would go halvsies on a new laptop for me - but I promised them that I would at least make a mention of it on PB and if anyone else were to throw money at me for a new system that it would offset their costs. One of the friends helped me very carefully select a laptop from the wide array of ones out there. Settled on a Dell G15 Ryzen with a 3060, it’s $1450 after taxes and applying a 2 year warranty selection. I’ve included a couple pics here so folks know I wasn’t kidding about how fucked this old laptop has become. It’s more of a desktop now - and it’s so loud I can barely tolerate it.

Twin Turbos on the Honda Civic  
full

Battery that looks like a loaf of bread.  
full

CPU cooler work I did on it while it still had some fans running.  
full  
full

Massive hole lmao.  
full

Dented heat pipe. How? I don’t know man. I really don’t.  
full

There is a list of issues in the meme I uploaded above.

If you’d like to donate towards Zizzy getting a new laptop, reach out to me by PM.

Thank you for reading, have a great day - I hope to have more updates soon.
ZizzyDizzyMC

Administrator
Site Developer
@Parallel Black  
It’s the cheapest thing I can get that’ll last respectably and be fairly well built. The other PC is an MSI and overlooking the abuse it’s had - it’s got issues that should have never been a problem to begin with.

I have a uhh few friends that’s able to get me some info about the units before purchase. G15 has a 125W G_TDP , which is about 50W higher than most other laptops with a 3060, meaning it is about 33% faster on average compared to any other unit. It will even out perform many 3070 laptops in cuda compute among other things. It’s also equipped with the ryzen 5000 series CPU, 8 cores 16 threads. Plenty of high speed single thread for some of my workloads, and lots of cores for multitasking.

My only beef is that I’ll eventually need to get 32GB of ram in it, so I can have more stuff open at the same time. It also doesn’t have a 2.5” bay - but this isn’t a problem anymore as I have a USB 3.0 to external SATA adaptor that I can use with an SSD I have for extra storage beyond the built in NVMe.

I did a lot of research into this, and I’m saving money through Dell. Ebay is a no go - most of the laptops just $100 lower have a 40-50w lower TDP and slower Intel CPU’s.
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide