We're working on it.

Anonymous #9536
@TheBrokeOne  
Well, Rainbooru explicitly allows people to upload paid-only images. It also explicitly will not support DNPs and encourages people to upload everything regardless of artist wishes, which some would call “content theft”.  
Disallowing ifunny watermarks is a good case for the rule, I hadn’t thought of that. I wonder if there’s a way to word it to be more clear, though.
ZizzyDizzyMC
Rampant Alicorn - The majestic steed of a blessed crusade (Masqueraded Esteem)
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Autist - How long until you notice this?  I noticed it after 4 days , but really I didn't even look till now.
Lil Shid Culture - If you see someone with a lil shid badge, you should refer to them by "Listen here you lil shid."
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained (The Bellstrike)

Administrator
Site Developer
@Anonymous #9536  
Of everything you mentioned in “Can I upload it” The answer is yes, but make sure stuff is tagged properly.

When it comes to Filly Funtaisa, I’m inclined to say yes - I will confer with other staff but I don’t think I’d throw a stink about it. We’d tag it as such and if people wanted to filter they could.

The default filters things I know people are going to throw a fit about, they’re not complete in any manner right now. I am wanting to find a balance between the amounts of complaints, and the amount of people who change their filters proper.

There will be a couple more global filters added when time allows, so the list would look a bit like:  
default (maximum hide by default)  
default+ (Same but allows for politics and hot button stuff that’s not explicit)  
everything* (Hides things that requires an account or a very conscious effort to make yourself a true everything filter.)  
R34 (I just want to see lewds, no politics, no bs, mostly vanilla stuff)  
R34+ (Same as R34 but there’s no fetishes hidden by default.)

Of course the filters are kinda subjective, nothing’s perfect and definitely not this early.

When it comes to watermarks on images, ask yourself if you can find the original of the image. You can crop the watermark out with an image editor and use TinEye or Google Reverse Image Search as a good first step. At this stage in the fandom I understand that there are likely images floating out there that only exist with the watermark.

In this case I am considering amending the rule. Something like “You may not upload images with a website watermark (ifunny, my little brony, mlfw), but provided you have pixel-perfect cropped the watermark you may upload. This is provided you’ve already reverse image searched though multiple search engines. Please include a link to the original image in the description in case someone else would like their try.”

@Anonymous #C186

Logo will be changed eventually, that’s just a placeholder really, though it’s growing on me.

In terms of the trolls, I honestly would rather let them have some fun, provided they are not harming or threatening the site, the staff, or the users. There’s a couple posts that are really borderline but are sufficient parody that their context cannot really be taken any other way than as a joke. The mods are still learning to use the audit log, so if something gets missed that should be there, I wanna hear about it.
Anonymous #9686
The “Don’t be a dick.” part of rule 0 looks super shady and to me looks like it would allow moderators to ban whatever they feel like banning. Is there any plans on replacing it with something more specific to avoid abuse?
Crazieman
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained (8bit Sawtooth)

Glimmy Glams
@Anonymous #9686  
Part of the appeal of the site is the moderator transparency. We can SEE if you were being a dick, instead of the nice, cute “Rule 0” and everyone wondering what it was unless it was screencapped.
ZizzyDizzyMC
Rampant Alicorn - The majestic steed of a blessed crusade (Masqueraded Esteem)
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Autist - How long until you notice this?  I noticed it after 4 days , but really I didn't even look till now.
Lil Shid Culture - If you see someone with a lil shid badge, you should refer to them by "Listen here you lil shid."
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained (The Bellstrike)

Administrator
Site Developer
The “Don’t be a dick.” part of rule 0 looks super shady and to me looks like it would allow moderators to ban whatever they feel like banning. Is there any plans on replacing it with something more specific to avoid abuse?

I’d like to hope I can trust my moderators to make judgement calls with the site and users in mind. I know it’s kind of open ended, but usually there’s a pretty good line between being a jerk / dick and just genuinely wording something poorly. I understand the inherit distrust though, and would rather you have that distrust than go forward blindly believing.

If something is borderline, I’ve asked the mods to leave fairly detailed deletion reasons. The mod audit log does not have restriction on putting deleted text in spoilers except in the place of privacy or excessive vulgar language. If a mod doesn’t want to repeat the language they have the option to post a proper summary, or censor themselves.
Anonymous #9536
watermarks

Makes sense, yeah. The rule should be clarified though like I mentioned in a later comment, because right now it means you can’t link to rainbooru for example. “You may not upload images with a website watermark” may have unintended consequences by banning deviantart watermarks for example, which, while highly undesirable, are often unavoidable.  
Also, how will that apply to ironic watermarks? Say if someone ponifies a stock image and slaps SHUTTERSTOCK all over it for authenticity. Or if someone’s making an extremely ironic meme and adds an ironic ifunny watermark. Does that count as “original without watermark does not exist” since you, the artist, never made a version without the watermark? (What if you make two versions, one with and one without the watermark?)

I think the rule should be something like “do not upload images that contain image aggregation/reposting website watermarks, unless you’re unable to find the original or it does not exist”, or something like that.

Of everything you mentioned in “Can I upload it” The answer is yes, but make sure stuff is tagged properly.

Oh. So 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 would all be allowed? Are any of these “over the line”, or is every single one allowed?

When it comes to Filly Funtaisa, I’m inclined to say yes

Awesome (presumably alongside the other horse cartoons/franchises I mentioned as well)

filters

I’d filter “furry” in default as well (can allow it in default+). I would also advocate for a “pony only” filter, which would hide humanised, anthro, original species, and other shit like semi-anthro or satyr (and may or may not hide EqG). This may not be the default filter, some people really appreciate pony-only while others have no strong opinions on anthro, so maybe keep it separate from the default.

I’d also suggest an “Everything____” filter which would come with a BIG RED disclaimer “this will show you everything, including loli/shota (and other things that may be hidden from everything), if you proceed you acknowledge that it’s legal in your jurisdiction”. I get the intention behind hiding them from Everythin*, but I think a sufficient amount of users will be in the US and won’t care about seeing loli, and would appreciate having an actual, true Everything without having to jump through hoops and log in or find a public filter ID or something.
TheBrokeOne
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Needs A Mouthful
@Anonymous #9536  
I get why they did the “need an account: for true everything. They don’t want busybodies “moral policing”/concern trolling. Works for IB. Not entirely sure what made e621 change their stance though.

@Anonymous #9536  
Rainbooru explicitly allows people to upload paid-only images. It also explicitly will not support DNPs and encourages people to upload everything regardless of artist wishes, which some would call “content theft”.
Covered under r#2. notable points:
-Do not upload artwork that has not been publicly released, or is intended to remain private or restricted access, without permission from the artist who made it. This includes paid content, such as Patreon-only images or images from an art pack or folio.
-If an artist removes all legitimate ways to acquire their art, via paid or unpaid means (Patreon, DeviantArt, Twitter, etc) an exception will be made to allow users to upload their art.
Anonymous #9536
@TheBrokeOne  
Honestly I doubt busybodies will be that averse to creating an account. And if someone is actively seeking outrage, then signing up with some quick email and changing your filter isn’t that much harder than clicking through a big red flashing disclaimer.

Like, I definitely get the reasoning behind it, I just think it’s not really a useful measure.

rule 2

Of course. But the discussion was about the rule forbidding linking to “sites which promote sharing of paid-only images”, which was intended to prevent ifunny watermarks and links, but as currently worded also prevents linking to rainbooru.
TheBrokeOne

Needs A Mouthful
@Anonymous #9536  
Oh, I get what you mean now. I suppose it’s better to see if you can get the image from elsewhere first, as I doubt there’s going to be many images that get solely uploaded to rainb or didn’t come from elsewhere. If it really can’t be found, then I guess it’s SOL.
Anonymous #9536
@TheBrokeOne  
But the point is, rainbooru links are banned then? (While just discussing rainbooru isn’t?)  
Also, are you one of the incognito ponystapo mods giving judgement, or are you just a user trying to interpret the rules alongside me
Anonymous #9536
@CottonCoax  
Cool.

@Crazieman  
I do trust it too, I don’t even mind it on principle, but it also means it can be unclear who’s who when actual discussion is happening. For instance, Cotton Coax sounds like they’re speaking with authority, but there’s no way to know for sure since there’s no staff tag. Hence asking to make sure.
CptConundrum

CAN I GET SOME FUCKIN UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHH TAGS?  
sorry tags machine broke.

but seriously, tags broken.
Anonymous #6CF0
I’ve come to make an announcement: ZizzDizzyMC a bitch-ass motherfucker, he pissed on my fucking tags. That’s right, he took his 3.5” fucking floppy disk out and he pissed on my fucking tags and he said his disk was “t h i s b i g,” and I said “that’s disgusting.” So I’m making a call out post on my Ponybooru dot org: ZizzDizzyMC, you got a small disk, it’s the size of this server except way smaller, and guess what? Here’s what my booru looks like! [explosion noises] That’s right, baby! Tall racks, no fans, no worries, just look at that it looks like two CPU’s and 24gb of dedicated RAM! He fucked my tags, so guess what, I’m gonna fuck the booru! That’s right, this is what you get, my SUPER BOORU PISS! Except I’m not gonna piss on the booru, I’m gonna go higher. I’M PISSING ON THE DRIVES! HOW DO YOU LIKE THAT, WOOTMASTER? I PISSED ON THE DRIVES, YOU IDIOT! You have twenty three hours before the piss d r o p l e t s hit the fucking booru, so get out of my fucking sight before I piss on you too.
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide