We're working on it.

Anonymous #5F54
Just for the record, the thumbnails will generate. They’re queued up and are done in order of upload, if you go far enough back in the pages you’ll be able to refresh and see as they are generated. They’re simply not generating as fast as the uploads are coming in at the moment.
Anonymous #10D3
Deletion reason: Deleted for personal information in the post, it was asking a question about logging in, it was answered and solved. You didn't do anything wrong, but I don't know what editing other users's posts do and that kinda feels wrong.
DragonRanger
Boot badge - It's Bootiful
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Should there be a limit to how much can be uploaded? Considering people have been running the importer seemingly nonstop, it’s bound to be pretty taxing. I’m not even using the uploader and I occasionally run into server errors while trying to upload stuff.
Anonymous #5F54
@Zaknel  
The server was made publicly available right about the time >>1 and >>2 were uploaded.

As far as the *beta goes, I believe the site is still considered in beta at the moment. I’m not aware of what occurred prior to the public release however, if that’s what you meant about the ‘alpha’ bit. Did you have any specific questions about something otherwise? I may be able to bug the admins when they’re not too busy to get some answers for ya if so.

-Ponybooru mod staff
DragonRanger

Something I’m a little curious about. Why are webm’s processing so much more quickly than images? I would have thought it would be the other way around.
ArchiveAnon
Rampant Squirrel - A ferocious friend
Donor | Gabby - Best Birbcat, don't @ me
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained (unintended savior)

Senior Moderator
Everything Stays
I’m not 100% sure on it, but I imagine webm processing is likely given its own bit of resources separate from image processing, or its simply processed differently or prioritized differently.

Not gonna bother poking the admins who’d know for sure but when they’re around I’ll ask because I’m kinda curious myself.

EDIT: Yep, WEBMs process on their own thread, and processing is significantly more optimized apparently. Neat!
DragonRanger

So, I remember hearing that the file upload limit has been increased from 25 MB to 100. I’ve been attempting to upload one of zziowin’s webms that, at least according to the upload on e621 is 95 MB which should be small enough to upload. When I try to upload it thoughI get a 504 error.
ArchiveAnon
Rampant Squirrel - A ferocious friend
Donor | Gabby - Best Birbcat, don't @ me
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained (unintended savior)

Senior Moderator
Everything Stays
@DragonRanger  
When I download that file I see 99.78MB

Kinda weird it shows differently on their site… Not sure what would cause that.

In any case it seems like it’s close enough to that 100MB limit that it may not work. I’ll bring up to the admins potentially raising the limit by 1 or 2MB to make sure files skirting that limit can be uploaded though.

Edit: looking at it, it seems this is a binary vs decimal MB difference that may be causing the issue. (e.g. 1000GB = 1TB vs 1024GB = 1TB type stuff) - I’ll update when I get a response from an admin on if it may be changed or not however.
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide