We're working on it.

Anonymous #91D3
@Luzion  
you can not make database change to hide staff members. the database only will say if someone is staff or not. the code decides what is shown. and we can see the code!

why are you against adding that? do you have hidden staff now?
Anonymous #91D3
We have inactive mods that are hidden.

do they still have staff powers? even if they are not modding can they still see ip addresses and anonymous user names?

if so, can we have their names for transparency? and why not remove the staff role until they come back?
Luzion
Rampant Alicorn - The majestic steed of a blessed crusade
A toast - Incredibly based
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Donor | Lyra -
Squirrel of Legend - A squirrel that was there in a time of great need
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Senior Moderator
pingus
We have inactive mods that are hidden.
do they still have staff powers? even if they are not modding can they still see ip addresses and anonymous user names?

yes. Read the code, thats how it works.

@Anonymous #91D3  
if so, can we have their names for transparency?

their names are bob and bill, “just trust me on this one bro please”

@Anonymous #91D3  
and why not remove the staff role until they come back?

There really isnt any particular reason that comes to mind for or against. And even if I did, without implementing the code change you mentioned, you’d never know.
Havoc
Artist - shidtist
U Lil Shid - Hi, Im a lil shid.
Chatty Kirin - A shidder who has reached 1000 combined forum shids or comments.
Liberty Belle - Shids the song of the unshidded

Half Dragon, Half Meme
I don’t know where else to ask (and I feel that making an “ask staff” type thread myself isn’t proper), but how is badge switching handled at the moment?
Luzion
Rampant Alicorn - The majestic steed of a blessed crusade
A toast - Incredibly based
Donor | Lyra -
Squirrel of Legend - A squirrel that was there in a time of great need

Senior Moderator
pingus
@Havoc  
As it stands now, when a user reaches the badge limit and qualifies for more badges than the limit, they can go into the badge requests thread and indicate which badges they would like to have displayed in their profile.

Or if requesting a badge but already at the limit, mods will clarify and ask which badge they want displayed
Napsack
Rampant Stag - A swift sidekick
Rampant Squirrel - A ferocious friend
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
Donor | Pinkie Pie - Pie family best family
Liberty Belle -

Senior Moderator
Glare Mare
@Havoc  
Manually, largely. You’d have to ask staff for most badges if you want them. Whether or not you qualify is another thing entirely.
ZizzyDizzyMC
Rampant Alicorn - The majestic steed of a blessed crusade (Masqueraded Esteem)
Autist - How long until you notice this?  I noticed it after 4 days , but really I didn't even look till now.
Lil Shid Culture - If you see someone with a lil shid badge, you should refer to them by "Listen here you lil shid."
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained (The Bellstrike)

Administrator
Site Developer
Going to try and push an update in prep for our new server.

I’m sure you guys have seen the ad to BUY MY SERVER, that particular unit is a unit I bought a few months ago before realizing it wouldn’t do exactly what I was trying to get it to do: 4x NVMe expansion via PCI-e add-on cards. Otherwise it’s near perfect.

Hopefully this update works and I don’t urinate all over the tags again.

If I somehow do manage to break something, I have backups but it may take a bit to revert. Use this thread to report new bugs or broken shit that I may or may not be able to immediately patch.

Hope everyone has a fantastic night / day.
Zaknel
Boot badge - It's Bootiful
U Lil Shid - Hi, Im a lil shid.

Ezekiel 33:11
I don’t mind the maintenance itself, but I am bothered that I keep getting logged out whenever it is completed.
Anonymous #D36A
Did you guys mean to switch the site’s verification over from the old custom verification to hCaptcha or was that a mistake when copying over changes to Philomena’s code?

If it was intentional, it’s broken at the moment. The verification is spitting back, “The site key for this hCaptcha is incorrect.”
ZizzyDizzyMC
Rampant Alicorn - The majestic steed of a blessed crusade (Masqueraded Esteem)
Autist - How long until you notice this?  I noticed it after 4 days , but really I didn't even look till now.
Lil Shid Culture - If you see someone with a lil shid badge, you should refer to them by "Listen here you lil shid."
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained (The Bellstrike)

Administrator
Site Developer
@Anonymous #9C03  
This wasn’t a thing I was expecting to happen. Sorry.

Tomorrow and the next day should bring more updates and then I’ll begin work on trying to migrate a small backend piece, practice migration if you will.
evan555alpha
Rampant Stag - A swift sidekick
Artist - you can stop complaining about not having any flavour text on your artist badge now

Head Administrator
UwU Chwyasawis my waifu
@Fleur de Lis  
Derpi changed their default layout to centred back during the drama and if I were to hazard a guess, we’re only just now inheriting that (fucking stupid) change from them due to our update.
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide