A toast - Incredibly based
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Donor | Lyra -
Squirrel of Legend - A squirrel that was there in a time of great need
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Senior Moderator
pingus
@Zaknel  
yes. you can either report the image for deletion and reupload the correct image, or when marking the image as a duplicate, indicate the reason why you are wanting it merged.
Officer Hotpants
Rabid Squirrel - Don't pet it.
Officer Shid pants - Hi, Im a lil shid.
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.

Double-0 Negative
@Zaknel  
I my case an image just failed to process properly on every level and is permanently stuck at “optimizing the filesize” with a non-thumbnail (rather than a missing thumbnail message) and a broken image when you open it. I’ve just been waiting for the mass upload & processing period to end before I reported it.
Luzion
Rampant Alicorn - The majestic steed of a blessed crusade
Donor | Lyra -

Senior Moderator
pingus
I have noticed some images not get processed at all and just have a broken thumbnail, such as >>2284259. May I ask how this happenes?

During the mass import our servers were having issue keeping up with image processing

While we mostly caught up it seems like some got missed or just don’t work at all.

I think we’re still having an issue with svg image compatibilit as well.

If you see images that aren’t processesing feel free to report them and we should be able to reprocess most of them here in the near future.
ANoobis
Book Horse - A user who has contributed to 5k+ metadata changes.

Ghibelline Omnipotens
I wasn’t sure where else to ask this. I’ve noticed that a lot of uploads that included links to other images in the description field now link to random images because they were imported straight and the numbers don’t line up. Is there a way to fix that or to request that the correct image be linked?
ANoobis
Book Horse - A user who has contributed to 5k+ metadata changes.

Ghibelline Omnipotens
Is it possible to amend a report? I linked to the wrong image in a series when suggesting a fix for a description link.
Anonymous #9386
rebuilding the tag’s index
it would likely help in this particular case, but it won’t guarantee that those sorts of things won’t happen again.
Luzion
Donor | Lyra -

Senior Moderator
pingus
@Anonymous #357F  
We’re aware of this bug, we’re currently focusing on hardware improvements, once our hardware changes have been incorporated, our goal is to fix and update the software. Hardware changes should be coming soon, but with the holidays upon us there will be some delays.

Current solution to the gallery bug is to remove the superfluous &gallery= at the end of the url  
full
Luzion
Donor | Lyra -

Senior Moderator
pingus
@Anonymous #91D3  
Correct that was intentional.  
During the inception of our site it, staff members were brought on, on a temporary basis. These staff members were specifically instructed to moderate anonymously during the first few weeks of the sites birth until a final staff list was constructed. The code is a remnant of that policy. The code may change in the future, or it may not. However, current policy is that no staff member may anonymously moderate. All moderation that requires action will be logged publicly in the mod audit log.

Let me know if you have any further questions about this.
Anonymous #91D3
just trust me on this one bro please

if it is policy that no one be hidden, why not add the code? that would not change the staff page if you are honest and transparent.

also why not add an automatic mod log like Twibooru does?

I want a honest and transparent booru, unlike Derpibooru is. but code is worth more trust than humans are
Luzion
Donor | Lyra -

Senior Moderator
pingus
@Anonymous #91D3  
If you want the blunt and honest truth, even if we implemented the same “transparent” staff list that derpibooru has, it wouldnt be transparent. Back-end editing of the database can still obscure staff members.

As for an automated mod log, that’s possible I suppose. Id have to look into it. Our current implementation, in my opinion, is more personal and approachable. Its literally a forum post. Users can and have voiced their opinion in there, which I think is a great thing. Also its 7 pages long, compared to twiboorus 200+ pages, though there’s probably simple ways to compound moderation actions together into single entries.
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide