Tagging "ponified brands", copyrighted characters, etc.

Azure Fang
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Oh no, he's here?
On the sinking ship, management took an extremely inconsistent stance that ponifications of copyrighted logos, brands, or characters could not receive OC tags. At this point, some extremely recognizable characters, such as Epona yet redrawn as a distinctly MLP character, and characters where staff have “taken a stance” such as the Stompeez abandoned mascot turned community adoption Stompy Slippers, have been enforced as “no OC” by taking the stance that naming a ponified copyright could bring legal trouble. Meanwhile, community recognized “OC’s” such as oc:marksaline, the ponification of the copyrighted “Marker” from the Dead Space franchise and containing the icon all over her regalia and as her horn, “browser ponies” retain their OC tags, etc. There was no written stance other than some buried comments on specific pictures, yet staff continued to enforce their opinions as they saw fit and pinged anybody that was not psychic accordingly.

I just want to know what the stance on such things is here before I start importing and correcting tags. I honestly don’t care what the stance ends up being, as long as it’s consistent and recorded to prevent fighting.
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide