TAG DISCUSSION

Exhumed Legume
A toast - Incredibly based
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
Book Horse - A user who has contributed to 5k+ metadata changes.
Artist -
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Weirdo
We seem to have a bit of a tagging conflict between applebetes and adorabloom.

The latter is the established cute tag for Apple Bloom, the former seems to be a new tag used over on Derpi for any of the Apples being cute.

Also, applebetes currently implies “applebloom” which is an alias for apple bloom, so it’s causing “applebloom” to appear on images right next to apple bloom.
Napsack
Rampant Stag - A swift sidekick
Rampant Squirrel - A ferocious friend
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Donor | Pinkie Pie - Pie family best family
Liberty Belle -

Senior Moderator
Glare Mare
@Exhumed Legume  
Switched the tag description to adorabloom and fixed the implications. applebetes is one of those weird obscure cute tag that never really caught on, and given its confusing usage I’m not surprised. I’ll refrain from removing it, but I don’t think I’m going to like its existence.
Exhumed Legume
Artist -

Weirdo
@TheGamerPainter  
Some people like to rank things they like or dislike, including ships.  
No Twilight x Gallus there either, as far as I can tell, and I looked twice.

Until someone actually ships it, there’s no need for a tag or implications. :P

@Napsack  
Yeah, noticed the tag for the first time yesterday myself, and it does seem a bit unnecessary.

Mind resetting the applebloom -> apple bloom alias, to purge the redundant applebloom tag?
Lunas Mond

It would be great to have a short description for the “absurd file size” tag.  
Copied the description from Derpibooru, assuming the same rule applies here as well: “Files with size over 20 MB.”

Unrelated to this, I think the tags “lying”, “lying down”, “lie” and “lies” are kind of weird too. All of them, except for “lying down”, can have two meanings. Kinda wish “lying” would be an alias for “lying down” and “lie” an alias of “lies”. Since “lies” seems to be the most prominent choice for the act of telling a lie and “lying down” for it’s own meaning. “lie” isn’t used that much, this one should be fairly easy for a potential change. Just to leave some thoughts behind.
Sapphie
Rampant Bear - A courageous companion
Autist -
Lil Importer Shid - Hi, Im a lil shid.

Senior Moderator
Unavailable
@Lunas Mond  
Honestly? You’re right. I wonder why it’s not done that way over on derpi. I’ll wait for some more input before modifying any of those tags, though.  
I did change the description of absurd file size though
Lunas Mond

@Sapphie  
Agreed, this is what I meant. I probably phrased that incorrectly. :)

I found some more. Exhumed Legume and I keep you pretty busy, haha. It’s about the following:

artist:dormin-dim is the correct tag, but she has two more aliases: artist:dormin_dim (underscore) and artist:dormin-kanna. They are currently separate, the last tag has a lot more images.  
https://derpibooru.org/tags/artist-colon-dormin-dash-dim

controller tag has some more aliases on Derpibooru: https://derpibooru.org/tags/controller  
gamepad tag has 2 images here, the other tags are not used so far.
Sapphie
Rampant Bear - A courageous companion
Autist -
Lil Importer Shid - Hi, Im a lil shid.

Senior Moderator
Unavailable
@Lunas Mond  
Don’t worry, I’m here for that. I currently don’t really have the time or motivation to weigh in on other mod work, but I’ll gladly help out with tags.  
Also, done.
Barhandar
Artist -
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained (Cheeky Breeky)

@Lunas Mond  
@Sapphie  
>he doesn’t know  
all those “position” tags have been a point of contention several years ago, including people trying to push for fucking heraldric terms that absolutely nobody but them knows like “couchant” prone, “passant” || walking with far foreleg raised||, “rampant” rearing, etc resulting in stupid aliases like “side” because derpi staff are all about cOmPrOmIsEs that satisfy nothing and nobody.  
Also I personally think that lying as in falsehoods should be “telling lies” to reduce ambiguity.
Exhumed Legume
Artist -

Weirdo
artist:katiethewolfy = artist:katiethewolfie

armour = armor

maille = chainmail

gambeson -> armor, clothes – A padded coat used as either armor or padding for other armors.

scale armor -> armor

chainmail -> armor

plate armor -> armor

cuirass -> armor

breastplate -> plate armor, armor

pauldron -> armor

unconvincing armor -> armor

chainmail bikini -> unconvincing armor, armor – No chainmail implication for this one; despite the moniker, most seem to be either scale or plate.

applerise -> applejack, strawberry sunrise, shipping

lingerarity -> rarity, lingerie

huge crotchboobs -> big crotchboobs, crotchboobs

impossibly large crotchboobs -> huge crotchboobs, big crotchboobs, crotchboobs

hyper crotchboobs -> impossibly large crotchboobs, huge crotchboobs, big crotchboobs, crotchboobs

And I can’t help but point out that the description, “breasts in the crotch area” is an oxymoron – breasts are called breasts because they’re on the breast, i.e. chest.  
A more generic “mammaries” or somesuch would be more accurate.

@Exhumed Legume  
underboob -> breasts
rearboob -> breasts
Buried again :D
Napsack
Rampant Stag - A swift sidekick
Rampant Squirrel - A ferocious friend
Donor | Pinkie Pie - Pie family best family
Liberty Belle -

Senior Moderator
Glare Mare
@Exhumed Legume  
Done, aliases and implications alike. Though I will say I’m slightly iffy on the rearboob/underboob implications, given that the breasts tag is meant to be for bare breasts as far as I understand it.

And I can’t help but point out that the description, “breasts in the crotch area” is an oxymoron — breasts are called breasts because they’re on the breast, i.e. chest.
A more generic “mammaries” or somesuch would be more accurate.

Technically yes, though I think people often recognize them more as crotch breasts nowadays than mammaries. But that’s a little irrelevant. Updated the description a little bit to have more coverage.
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide