TAG DISCUSSION

Site and Policy » TAG DISCUSSION Search Posts
ArchiveAnon
Rampant Squirrel - A ferocious friend
Boot badge - It's Bootiful
Donor | Gabby - Best Birbcat, don't @ me
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained (unintended savior)

Senior Moderator
Everything Stays
I do imagine tag aliasing/merging and the like will come soon. Zizzy’s most likely deal with all sorts of stuff considering the massive influx of traffic on a brand new site.

It’s no doubt gonna be a major thing that will need to be worked through, along with the many other major things in order to get “caught up” so to speak.
GooseGoose
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Goosey Goose
New list of tags to be fixed:

SPECIES  
fluffy pony  
canada goose  
ant  
bird  
blue jay  
duck  
pegasus  
unicorn  
squirrel  
tortoise  
swan

ARTIST SHIT  
edit  
edited screencap  
screencap

EPISODE TITLE  
Sparkle’s seven  
Luna Eclipsed  
hopefully you’ll have all episodes added soon enough
Caramel

Candy Horse
Heya! I’m aware this site is completely new, and hate to bug you guys so early about it,  
but would I be able to claim a tag as my own?
Caramel

Candy Horse
@Crazieman  
Sounds like /mlp/. I approve of this. Would be neat to add descriptors and preview pics sort of like Derpi has, so that there’s a distinction between the OCs that have similar/the same name
Crazieman
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained (8bit Sawtooth)

Glimmy Glams
@caramel  
It took me a bit to understand what you meant, I suddenly recalled now - on many images when you click the tag it has an established image and description before displaying the search results.  
I’m not in charge or have such an ability. That is up to Zizzy and co
Anonymous #F9FD
I wonder if there’s a way to get the aliases derpi uses. Or maybe even ask the admins for them, they haven’t really acted hostile to alternatives (I bet you byte[] would be willing to help if it doesn’t take a lot of effort).  
Species tags and the like can also be scraped from derpi easily enough using their tag search.
Anonymous #F9FD
@Caramel  
Probably but I don’t know about alias scraping.  
Actually now that I think about it maybe the database dumps have the aliases; wait, of course they do, why did I not think of that? While we’re at it, the tags table also has the category right there, so you don’t even need to scrape things from the website.
Anonymous #F9FD
@Caramel  
To move over things retroactively, importing existing databases/archives would be best (especially since that’ll also catch deleted images that have been archived). For new stuff, I think Philomena has recently had an API added specifically to let new uploads get immediately grabbed, which could be used to auto-upload anything that gets uploaded to derpibooru, should something like this be wanted.
Crazieman
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained (8bit Sawtooth)

Glimmy Glams
Trying to fix my shitty tagging on previous uploads from last night. I just wanted to get images up to make sure the site is successful. Now that it looks like its a roaring success, I need to correct my fuckups.
ButtercupSaiyan
Artist -

Undesirable
Heya! I’m aware this site is completely new, and hate to bug you guys so early about it,
but would I be able to claim a tag as my own?

One of my OCs, Cryptic, had other OCs with that tag on Derpibooru but yeah, just upload the art and tag it. You could also change the name if that works better. In the end, that’s why I ended up doing so the first name was a nickname and the full name was different.
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide