Ponybooru Moderation Feedback

Officer Hotpants
Rabid Squirrel - Don't pet it.
A toast - Incredibly based
Officer Shid pants - Hi, Im a lil shid.
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Double-0 Negative
Image: >>2985211
Report: Other: Someone might want to handle the comment section of this post. It’s becoming very irrelevant to the image and one of the users here.
Really all this image is. Is just a sweet image of Zecora giving Spike some support and the comments are just getting way too out of hand here to the point where it’s completely off topic.
action taken: Comment section has died down, but further off topic discussion will result in mod action.

A comment section that’s been dead for 17 days. I don’t know how you maintain civility with this person at this point but I stand in awe of your patience.
Officer Hotpants
Rabid Squirrel - Don't pet it.
Officer Shid pants - Hi, Im a lil shid.

Double-0 Negative
Everything else seems fine but I don’t like the idea of the user interaction lock DNP in the slightest. That one is, to be frank, utter bullshit.
Azure Fang
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event

Oh no, he's here?
@Officer Hotpants  
I missed that addition. Can’t say I agree either. It provides zero benefit to the community but opens the door for artist abuse and pre-emptive censorship, then potentially opens up more work for moderators when users start opening individual forum threads as outsourced comment sections for individual images, “Discussing >>3008608”, etc.
Athena

I don’t really post much but it’s always fun reading what others think of the art posted here. Taking that away via the user interaction lock feels like it will do more harm than good. Will this apply to voting/favouriting/tagging as well?

Also, how was the 2-year paid content limit decided on? It feels very arbitrary and still seems like piracy for permanently paywalled art.
Adán Druego
Artist -

@Officer Hotpants @Azure Fang  
I can already think of a few artists, who’ll definitely make use of that option. It’s like derpibooru locking of the comment when they know something’s going to be unpopular.

@ZizzyDizzyMC  
Well, I like the site and the little community here, so if this is what’s necessary to maintain it, then so be it. I don’t know what actually happens behind the scenes, so I can’t know if you all have been getting alot of harassment from certain individuals demanding something be done to safeguard their feelings, though from the mod log it seems so, so I can’t criticize your decisions. It does seem to me that it would make some jobs easier by reducing reports filed because of hurt feelings.

Basically, I don’t have an opinion and even if I did, I know it wouldn’t really matter much.

I do believe in “Just Following Orders” after all. To a certain degree.
ANoobis
Book Horse - A user who has contributed to 5k+ metadata changes.

Ghibelline Omnipotens
I’m not liking the user interaction lock. On Derpi, I was against the soy-filled idea to combine the upvote/downvote tallies, and every push to eliminate the ability to vote down. This is much worse for freedom of expression.
Anonymous #BC52
@ANoobis  
I think it’s mostly there as a “fine, you’re a cuck who can’t take criticism? At least this way you’ll still have your art here.”  
Not that I’m super fond of it either
Barhandar
Artist -
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained (Cheeky Breeky)

User interaction lock (or anything else to do with artist and metadata as opposed to artist and image) is complete nonsense, coddling, and because BOORUS ARE NOT ARTIST PERSONAL GALLERIES, wide open to abuse.

By leaving that in, you will receive even more uploads with forgetting to tag the artist (because they’ll assume it IS a personal art gallery, it already happens excessively on derpi), and even more work for the staff because of users bypassing it as others have already said aren’t you constantly claiming to be lazy too busy? don’t give yourself completely pointless work, and because it WILL need manual intervention since tags on the booru are editable by definition, so either you lock and unlock comments manually, lock the tags and have to change them yourselves (ruining the booru’s purpose in the process), or have to deal with people easily bypassing this, and using this “”“DNP””” to lock comments down on unrelated images or collabs.

Additionally I suspect it was added to distract from other changes to the rules so I will need to go over them in more detail.  
P.S. This specific iteration of the rules saved at https://archive.md/jxNBg  
P.P.S. This is blatant coddling. As Derpi example shows, you do NOT want the artists who demand to be coddled - they’ll either not use your site, content with you having caved to demands, or they’ll be shitty people who drive users away.
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide