Ponybooru Moderation Feedback

TheBridge
Boot badge - It's Bootiful
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

I know NOTHING
@Anonymous #95AD  
Nyx abuse. Milky, and other such major OCs are different as they were meme OCs who owners had allowed to spread unabated for years. Milky’s author, going back on it after all that time, shouldn’t have been deleted. If Pen stroke wanted Nyxabuse to be deleted I would take what drawing skills I had and I would draw a thousand such images as that is trying to go back and delete culture.

For a personal OC though, I think the line is more sensitive issue. Now, say we drafted a rule against it, I recognize how that could be idiotic and be used to stifle legit mockery and criticism. Would I want to give Purple Tinker leeway to remove stuff like this or otherwise? No! But I have seen how the use of such OCs can cross a line, and even people who were harassed by SJWs, using tactics that maybe a stone’s thrown away from something like this when most laugh and mock the person as a whiny crybully (which they maybe) but would be legit concerned with.
Anonymous #95AD
@TheBridge

Here’s a small sample of OCs who didn’t get approved to be abused by their creators.  
>>34352 >>45300 >>145693 >>145354 >>174045 >>180264 >>277732 >>694257 >>1195130 >>1197016 >>1223544  
>>1440174 >>2854834 >>1490621 >>1491974 >>2528487 >>2594585 >>2632295 >>2677086 >>2680024 >>2856088

None of this has the nebulous term tag [hate art] of applying to whatever they don’t like. And this is well beyond ‘REEEEEE it’s wearing clothing of an ideology I hate’. These dont even cover the thousands of canon ponies being abused, like the 10 million low quality edits of glimmer being punched.
TheBridge

I know NOTHING
@Anonymous #95AD  
>Aryanne  
>Fluffle Puff  
>Nyx  
>Apogee  
>Blackjack  
>Leslie Fair  
>Ruby  
These OCs, ones from memes and fics, don’t count with the point I am trying to make on personal ocs. I should make that clear here. I don’t think oc creators should have veto power over OCs. Especially with the nebulous nature of “My completely original Red and Black OC is being stolen!” but my concern is with personal ocs that are a stand for the creator in specific instants of antagonism and possible harassment. I don’t have it all worked out yet on how that might work and I can think of a million problems with trying to narrow down what that line is but I think some sort of line does exist.

>>145693  
This image is a clear pun on the OCs name, Lemony Light. It maybe a joke with a slight edge but it isn’t directed at the person in question, at least from what I can tell. A similar case with this: >>277732 I don’t know the full context and such a thing could be done in antagonism to the OC owner but I don’t think something like this should be removed.

>>1195130  
This image too, I wouldn’t count. It is directed at a joking light trolling blog that mainly did stuff like this As for most of the rest I do not know the context for, though only some look trollish. What I would be more concerned with would be something like these would be the closest: >>2854834 out of antagonizing someone, from what I can tell around the discourse with this image: >>2835039

Honestly, Fausticorn is a VERY interesting point to consider that I haven’t thought of, a stand in for Lauren Faust, been a meme for years, abuse art and trolling as well. I think a line could be drawn between a public and private figure but it would be a hard one to judge and even then, something in a sexual territory could be morally dubious No, it’s not “virtual rape” or equivalent IRL abuse, but I think most would at least feel a little squeamish for something like that directed at a minor, not too mention something that could be distressing in general. Even in this case, >>2858016 the person in question could “graduate” or become infamous enough too cross that line.
Barhandar
Artist -
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained (Cheeky Breeky)

@TheBridge  
I repeat that my stance is “removing antagonizing art instead of punishing the artist/uploader is nonsense”. Pretty sure the rules already have “don’t provoke people” clause.
TheBridge

I know NOTHING
Pretty sure the rules already have “don’t provoke people” clause.

That is also a really good point. It does appear to exist in rule 11  
Attempts to antagonize others will not be tolerated.
Do not troll, attack, insult, name-call, or otherwise try to intentionally antagonize another person or group of people. This includes making racial, sexual, homophobic, or otherwise demeaning slurs, or posting similarly abusive content.
Also, apply administrative action to people, not artworks. Deleting art because artist is misbehaving is like breaking a potter’s vase because said potter called you a dodo head.

I agree that simply deleting the art and doing nothing to a artist who did it is stupid. Though, there is some cases where I think deleting art as well could be appropriate, but even I admit that line would be hard to tell.
Luzion
Rampant Alicorn - The majestic steed of a blessed crusade
A toast - Incredibly based
Donor | Lyra -
Squirrel of Legend - A squirrel that was there in a time of great need

Senior Moderator
pingus
Punishing someone instead of their art is still censorship even if only on a technicality.

Believe me, this whole debacle has given us some topics to think about, I’ve got a lot of free time tonight to ponder the implications of our rules. I’m still on and off working on the rule rewrite so something related to all of this may come about.

Infact my company just recently did a mass layoff so I’ve got a lot of time on my hands right now.

idk if this even makes sense, I was smoking a fat bowl and rereading it kinda makes less sense.
Anonymous #95AD
@Barhandar  
this is exactly what derpibooru is doing right now under the new dictatorship and looks pathetic, like theyre building a safespace I expect from tumblr or LiterallyWholuck. They even went as far as removing the original non-edited art labeling it as ‘attack art’ which is an asinine concept to begin with.

Are you people serious? Rule 11 is for comments, not pictures.  
Start applying it to pictures and it can be nebulously applied just like what derpibooru did with removing ‘racist’ art because it’s ‘inciteful or trolling’ which is entirely subjective bullshit. This site itself had one of the first pictures trolling Zizzy for being a retard with maintaining uptime.

Since when is the fandom such snowflakes that they cant handle a character being drawn in a situation they don’t approve of? The twittermite echo chamber is what caused this and they want to force everyone to bend the knee to their demands of censorship over hurt feelings.
Adán Druego
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
Artist -

What I don’t understand is that when a decision is made by the staff of Ponybooru that someone disagrees with, it’s suddenly: THIS IS DERPIBOORU ALL OVER AGAIN! YOU’RE NO DIFFERENT!! YOU’VE BETRAYED OUR TRUST!!!

This place and these people are so much better than derpibooru for a number of reason. The staff, here, interact with the users in a nice and friendly manner, they remain civil even when provoked and they’re willing to explain their reasoning behind their decision.

Derpibooru… many of the “most important” staff member are rude, condescending and smug. They lack respect and become enraged when others choose to treat them in kind.

Many people act out on derpibooru out of sheer defiance and spite. They demand good behavior, but they don’t encourage any with their attitudes and conduct.

Here, I can say that a few of us, who are a bit more extreme in our views, are encouraged to behave in a more mild and agreeable manner due to how we have been treated by others, including the staff.

Respect is earned, not given. Treat others with respect and they’re more likely to return it.

The Ponybooru staff’s good treatment of the users has actually surprised a few users.

That’s just how used to being mistreated by derpibooru’s staff, we have all become.
Barhandar
Artist -
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained (Cheeky Breeky)

The new iteration definitely needs to mention slander to allow banning for it. Stuff like “accusations, especially serious ones, must have proof. If you’re called out and fail to provide proof in given time (or respond with obvious bullshitting or inadequate proof), you will be banned”.
Anonymous #2E10
I don’t know if this is the correct thread but here we go.  
My problem is the most recent set of transformation pic that are being uploaded right now >>2864484 and this is the kind of transformation that would need an extra tag because filtering transformation would filter some other inoffensive pic or moments(Like twilight turning an apple into an orange) that aren’t related with these kind of transformation.  
It would be possible to add something proper to this kind of transformation? Like transformation fetish, human to X transformation fetish or anything like that?
Luzion
Donor | Lyra -

Senior Moderator
pingus
UPDATE: We are changing the way rule suggestion submissions work. All future submissions will require a Straw poll link with the options “yes” or “no”, no be considered. This will allow us to gauge community support on ideas before implementing any future changes. There will be no limit on how many times you may submit an idea, but all ideas must be voted on prior. Please be as detailed as possible, when making new suggestions.

Note: not all ideas will be accepted, only the best ideas will make it through.

edit: All prior entries are still valid accepted ones will still be considered and merged if viable. Please dont hesitate to repost them with a straw poll if you think your idea was forgotten.
Luzion
Donor | Lyra -

Senior Moderator
pingus
@Xppp1  
Hmm, I thought of that, but I really couldn’t think of a better alternative site. Pretty hard to trick a VPN.

Let me know if you know a better site. Until then I think it’ll be ok to use it. But a different site would be a good idea.
Sapphie
Rampant Bear - A courageous companion
Autist -
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
Lil Importer Shid - Hi, Im a lil shid.

Senior Moderator
Unavailable
It would always be possible to use pb forum polls, though those wouldn’t extend to anon users, so maybe not the greatest idea
to_fat_to_fly
Rampant Stag - A swift sidekick (Serendipitously Sexy)
Artist -

I forget if this already exists, but a way to share Filters would be nice

I have one that filters out low quality art, like Shitty edits, X Artists 5000th MS paint image, and Impact font memes. A way to share this and allow other people to make suggestions for it would be cool.
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide