Ponybooru Discord?

Site and Policy » Ponybooru Discord? Search Posts
Candel
Artist -
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

sleepyhoers
Does such a thing exist? Would be nice for easier conversation and to discuss uploads and tags and whatnot
Anonymous #B453
Gee I hope not, about a third of the problems on derpi right now can be traced back to mods basically sitting on their Discord and users forming a clique around there, and getting out of touch with their actual website.
Cammera
Artist -
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Undesirable
Yes. Please don’t. Just, please, don’t, make a discord. Every time I tried to discuss the site in that bullshit discord there was like a 50/50 chance users would just spam bullshit to drag it away, and the only time mods did anything was ONCE when Raptorshy stepped down.
ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained (Parallel Universe)

Pomegranates :P
I think it’ll be fine  
if we have the proper people behind it  
The reason why Ponybooru was created was because of the mistakes made by the Derpi staff  
At least have some sort of fallback line in case something happens to the site itselfd  
Like support or ban appeal etc
ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ

People will form a clique whether they’re on this site or someplace else. We are tribal creatures.  
So your argument is moot. Besides, most of those I saw on the Discord also frequent the site itself.
ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ

@Anonymous #FB63  
I still think it would be good if we have other places to fall back to.  
We live in an age of social media. The way stuff seem to be done here right now feels… no offense, amateurish.  
So at least have some convenient way to contact.

I think we can sort of use Zaknel’s server as a defacto Discord for this site. Even though it isn’t officially.
Absol95
Boot badge - It's Bootiful

#PSvitaNation
I don’t care that much if there is no Ponybooru Discord. However, How about a Telegram or qTox server for this site.  
Oh, and why is there no IRC room for Ponybooru?
Absol95
Boot badge - It's Bootiful

#PSvitaNation
Ok there’s that, but why no Ponybooru IRC chatroom as another option and such. It could be built on icechat, HexChat, mibbit, or built from scratch from the ground up. It can be done.
Anonymous #56A7
Twibooru co-admin was banned from Discord. Before that, byte[] was banned. It’s time to move away from Discord, into self-hosted solution.
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide