Ponybooru annual collaboration

Sapphie
Rampant Bear - A courageous companion
Autist -
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
Lil Importer Shid - Hi, Im a lil shid.
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Senior Moderator
Unavailable
Hey everyone,  
With the site’s first anniversary coming up in about 3 months, we decided to announce the collaboration image.  
The idea is pretty simple. Everyone draws an original character (no canon characters of any shows, not even ponifications) in a standing pose on a transparent background.  
Then, we (staff) stitch it together to make a big picture with everyone on it. You know the concept.  
However, there are a few rules

• Your character must be drawn in a pose that would be feasible for them to have in a crowd/group  
  • Your picture must be strictly safe in nature

• Your picture must not be political in nature. OCs that are political are allowed, as long as you wouldn’t be able to tell that from the picture alone. So, if you draw, say, Molly Tov in a gorgeous red dress that covers her cutie mark, it will be allowed. Do note that ponified IRL political figures are not allowed, no matter how you present them.

• Your picture must be strictly MLP related. There’s a lot of stuff on site that skirts rule #4, but for your picture to be accepted, it must clearly be MLP related. Certain canon species might be excluded (if it’s not a species that makes you think “MLP”. Abyssinians for instance are way too niche to be included). Diamond dogs need to be recognisable as their species. We need to take one look at the picture and think “diamond dog”. If the thought process is “this is a furry oc… wait, I think it might possibly be a diamond dog” you’re already past the point.

• No canon characters, at least not as the main focus of the image; kinda defeats the purpose (plushies and merch are allowed). We haven’t decided how we feel about semi-OCs (i.e. original/alternate interpretations of canon characters) yet. We might have to decide on a case by case basis (for instance, “fluttershy but she’s raptor” would be allowed, while “Lyra in a tux” wouldn’t count as an OC)

• Try to avoid submitting other people’s characters if they’re meant as a representation of the owner (unless of course you get their permission).  
    If you’re unsure about if your picture would be allowed, feel free to ask us here.  
    You can even anonymously submit a picture (as long as you’re the one who drew it)

Grouped entries are of course allowed, but please keep in mind that the picture will have to be integrated into a larger crowd, and thus we ask you to keep your mini-group reasonably shaped.  
    The soft deadline is Sunday, June 20th. No new pics will be accepted after the 24th. Small changes to a picture can still be submitted up until the 1st of July (but please message me if you do post a fixup, I might miss it otherwise). The picture will be published on July 4th (the site’s anniversary)

Edit #1: I forgot to mention how to enter. Simply tag your picture

Edit #2: It’s highly preferred you make or commission a picture specifically for the collab, instead of reusing something you already had. However, we won’t force you to. If you want to enter the collab with a picture you’ve commissioned for a derpi collab, we won’t stop you.

Edit #3: The background needs to be transparent. I could try to remove it in gimp myself, but I cannot guarantee the quality of the result, and I’d rather not have to do it for a million different pics.

P.S.: The staff team is looking for an artist to commission our small group of OCs, with Heart Drive in the middle. We could totally ask some random artist, but we’d rather commission someone who’s active around the site, so feel free to shoot us a message. Do keep in mind that if we get multiple artists willing to do it, we’ll have to make a choice.
Perplexia
Artist -

local ceo of antifa
@Luzion  
that’s a lotta ocs

i was thinking of offering to do it for free as a way of giving back to the mods who consistently show appreciation for my art, but that was under the assumption it’d only be like 4 or 5 characters (hence “our small group of OCs”)

i’ll still consider it tho, lemme know if you can’t find anyone else and need a quick turnaround before the deadline, i gotchu fams
Sapphie
Autist -

Senior Moderator
Unavailable
@Perplexia  
Oh wow, apologies for the misnomer, I kinda didn’t realise there were this many staff members (at least with OCs of their own; for some reason I thought “yeah there’s only like 4-5 staff members with OCs”)  
We’re also considering splitting it between two artists to make it easier, but we ain’t sure yet—hell we don’t even know for sure how many of us are actually gonna be entering

Of course, we’d be more than willing to pay you for your efforts, especially since it would definitely be a lot of work.

We haven’t decided on an artist yet (duh), so we’ll definitely keep you in mind, thanks c:
Perplexia
Artist -

local ceo of antifa
since it’s not explicitly mentioned in the description, can we draw two of our own ocs together? or is it like the cucked derpi collabs where you’re only allowed one  
nevermind apparently they changed that rule in 2020 and i only just found out now while typing this, my question still stands however
Sapphie
Autist -

Senior Moderator
Unavailable
@Perplexia  
I wanna tentatively say yes (especially staff would get Heart Drive as a +1, so I don’t see why users wouldn’t be able to get a +1 of their own).  
Buuuuut maybe other staff members think completely different
Sapphie
Autist -

Senior Moderator
Unavailable
@DarthBarf  
I’d say minimum should be around 500px by 500px. No real preferred size, though you might wanna make sure your pic looks alright when scaled down to, say, 500x500
Sapphie
Autist -

Senior Moderator
Unavailable
@Zaknel  
As I said in @Sapphie a +1 would be fine, but I don’t think getting more than two OCs would start to be a bit much.  
(Again, I’m giving answers based on what I think; if other staff members wanna weigh in, my opinion might get outweighed)
2k.bb
Rampant Alicorn - The majestic steed of a blessed crusade
A toast - Incredibly based
U Lil Shid - Hi, Im a lil shid.
Artist -

Wouldn’t it make more sense to do one OC per person? Using one would help represent a singular user, not to mention if there were more it would get a bit cluttered.
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide