Feature suggestions

Humble Oriathan
Boot badge - It's Bootiful
A toast - Incredibly based
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Wally Worshiper
I don’t suppose it’s too much to ask for a button that lets you directly upload images into your comment box so I don’t have to keep worrying about uploading images to imgur just so any image I post won’t go missing in like a month after the thread I linked it from gets perma deleted?
Humble Oriathan

Wally Worshiper
@Napsack  
Any image, like random memes and stuff. When it comes to ponies, ya, I don’t have to worry about linking them from here since the images here are going to last for years.
Napsack
Rampant Stag - A swift sidekick
Rampant Squirrel - A ferocious friend
Donor | Pinkie Pie - Pie family best family
Liberty Belle -

Senior Moderator
Glare Mare
@Humble Oriathan  
Ah. Well in that case, I don’t believe that’s going to be added in the future. This site is a booru for ponies, not for memes.

That said, we do have a discord you can upload memes to. I don’t know if hotlinking works too well with that stuff, but it might last longer than something on imgur. Just make sure that your images aren’t above a safe-rating equivalent, as it is a sfw discord.
ZizzyDizzyMC
Rampant Alicorn - The majestic steed of a blessed crusade (Masqueraded Esteem)
Autist - How long until you notice this?  I noticed it after 4 days , but really I didn't even look till now.
Lil Shid Culture - If you see someone with a lil shid badge, you should refer to them by "Listen here you lil shid."
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained (The Bellstrike)

Administrator
Site Developer
If you really want to know the truth it’s because I don’t want to put more moderation tasks on our limited set of active staff. That’s why the discord is sfw.

wallflower blush is a cute
Officer Hotpants
Rabid Squirrel - Don't pet it.
Officer Shid pants - Hi, Im a lil shid.

Double-0 Negative
Something I suggested on Derpi for years: a “delete all” button for notifications. Not as necessary here as it was there (where you could clear them all and wake up to two pages of new alerts the next morning) but if this place continues to increase in activity then it will be eventually.
Havoc
Artist - shidtist
U Lil Shid - Hi, Im a lil shid.
Chatty Kirin - A shidder who has reached 1000 combined forum shids or comments.
Liberty Belle - Shids the song of the unshidded

Half Dragon, Half Meme
Since badges are per profile, an option section for them could be put in the Updating Profile Description page, whether it displays as a dropdown, scroll view, or the like. In this system, badges would get ‘unlocked’ once handled out. Locked badges would be blacked-out, unselected unlocked badges would be darkened, and selected badges displaying their normal colors. Unlocked and locked badges would be in groups, separated by a line or something similar so unlocked badges can be easily found. This would allow the user to switch their displayed badges as they please (badge limit allowing) with much less staff work.

Not all badges should count towards the limit, however. Some badges are more then a mere pretty trinket. A few good examples of what I mean are the artist badge and the staff badges. These badges are descriptors rather then achievements. Some possible future badges that this would apply to are badges for being a: writer, poet, game dev, etc. Most (I think it might be a good idea for staff badges to always be on for the sake of transparency) of these badges would still be togglable.

Bare in mind that badges for things such as having drawn 1000 artworks, metadata changing, writing (insert amount here) words and other badges that relate to non-limited badges would still be considered limited badges as they lack the importance of their related badges.

I think this system would improve how badges are handled, allow for automating certain badges and greatly lessen the work on staff.
Sapphie
Rampant Bear - A courageous companion
Autist -
Lil Importer Shid - Hi, Im a lil shid.

Senior Moderator
Unavailable
@Havoc  
Staff badges aren’t technically a necessity, since we already have titles.  
And yes, having the user be able to select their own 5 badges is a future feature that we really want.  
As for the extra badges we talked about it and mostly came to the conclusion badges should only reflect what you do on the website. So Writer would only become a badge once/if we ever get a ‘fanfic’ section or w/e.

if I’m not making sense that’s probably ’cause my brain is fried atm

@Officer Hotpants  
I wake up to 20-60 notifications every day, so that kind of feature would be useful to me. Then again, I enjoy reading the stuff people post, so maybe I wouldn’t even use it.
Luzion
Rampant Alicorn - The majestic steed of a blessed crusade
Donor | Lyra -
Squirrel of Legend - A squirrel that was there in a time of great need

Senior Moderator
pingus
Since badges are per profile, an option section for them could be put in the Updating Profile Description page, whether it displays as a dropdown, scroll view, or the like. In this system, badges would get ‘unlocked’ once handled out. .

We are looking into implementing this feature, I’ve actually requested it be natively added to the philomena software as a whole by the philomena devs, if they reject the feature request, we’ll look into possibbly implementing it exclusively to our site.
ArchiveAnon
Rampant Squirrel - A ferocious friend
Donor | Gabby - Best Birbcat, don't @ me
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained (unintended savior)

Senior Moderator
Everything Stays
@Zaknel  
As stated by Zizzy in the donations thread:  
So why are you here? Well, the real frank part here is that I already have most of a new server for Z+ built. I am lacking two crucial parts to the server, and after I have those parts we will be able to begin migration and finally update much of the code to a newer philomena version.
Sapphie
Rampant Bear - A courageous companion
Autist -
Lil Importer Shid - Hi, Im a lil shid.

Senior Moderator
Unavailable
@Luzion  
If they don’t implement it themselves, I might do a pull request on Philo and do it myself. No promises on timeliness though, given how thinly stretched my time is already.
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide