Derpibooru has not started mass importing from Ponybooru

Sapphie
Rampant Bear - A courageous companion
Autist -
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
Lil Importer Shid - Hi, Im a lil shid.
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Senior Moderator
Unavailable
Those two stances are contradictory.  
Nebbie said that some people can consider L&B as “just friends” if they so choose, while Ciaran claims that any screenshot where L&B are showing affection to each other is “automatically lesbian” because they are a canon couple.  
Nebbie says that L&B nuzzling is “up to interpretation and ambiguous”, while Ciaran says that “they are a canon couple, therefore any affection they show is lesbian”.  
(Side note, I think Nebbie is in the wrong on this one. Those two are a canonical couple and therefore them showing affection is lesbian. Fuck I hate that I share an opinion with slimy ciaran)
Anonymous #789D
@Sollace  
Implications. Startrix is a shipping tag that implies lesbian. Shipping tags are used incorrectly way too often because, I assume, nobody looks into the meaning of tags and assumes it refers to the duo.
Golly Gosh
Artist -

Really likes Pear Butter
@Sapphie  
Sorry, I just don’t see them as wholly contradictory. Not without more examples.

I also mentioned this before: Luna’s exact phrasing is that they would, not that they could.

It’s a statement on the perceived actions of another, not a declaration of what they are officially allowed to do.
Anonymous #789D
@Sapphie  
In my mind, if they can’t even use unambiguous tags right, why would they use ones that could potentially be interpreted differently right?
Golly Gosh
Artist -

Really likes Pear Butter
Anyway, I have to go.

I’m just going to wrap up with this:

I agree with what everyone has said about Derpy’s actions. They shouldn’t be blanked dictating what is and is not a lesbian couple, and I’ve seen strong arguments for not taking “the staff said so” as a be-all, end-all.

I just disagree that the two statements in that example are a good example of them being inconsistent. It’s just not clear enough.

Addendum: When the staff are inconsistent, that’s a problem, but not one I’d immediately point to as malice unless they are specifically admitting to intentionally going against the instructions of other staff members. I wouldn’t attribute something to malice which just as easily can be linked to incompetence.
Sapphie
Rampant Bear - A courageous companion
Autist -
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
Lil Importer Shid - Hi, Im a lil shid.

Senior Moderator
Unavailable
I also mentioned this before: Luna’s exact phrasing is that they would, not that they could.

While that is a fair point, the implication here does seem to be “don’t like it? Just think of them as just friends”
Anonymous #B24C
@Sollace  
Yes. I know. That’s the point. That’s Ciaran describing whatever Zaknel said as istophobic.  
Neither you nor I have any idea what Zaknel actually said that’s supposed to be bigoted, other than argue a case for why LyraBon isn’t canon, well before it was.  
And, as I said, I’m not willing to take Ciaran’s word on basically anything.

Wat.  
First you say the screenshot shows Zaknel didn’t apologize, even though his earlier screenshot that you yourself cited to prove his istophobia shows him apologizing, and when it’s pointed out that you’re barking up the wrong tree and the person who hasn’t apologized is someone else entirely, that just proves you right?

full
Golly Gosh
Artist -

Really likes Pear Butter
@Anonymous #B24C  
The post where they claimed to have apologised included the image you said was about someone else and you didn’t clearly indicate where they did apologise.

So if I missed it, then I’m sorry. Send it again so I can see, and I’ll retract what I said.

Edit: nvm, I see it now. I don’t see their response to his apology, but I will assume what Zeknal says is correct so I’m sorry about that.
user7853

i go to work and suddenly this odd thread has like 4 new pages, what did ya lads do now

@Digiqrow  
@Sapphie
I did ask for my stuff to be nuked from Derpi. Mostly as a “fuck you” to some staff that I used to be friends with.

oh yea, didnt you have close ties with joey or sum shit? or im confusing people here
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide