Video game thread

ANoobis
A toast - Incredibly based
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Book Horse - A user who has contributed to 5k+ metadata changes.
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Ghibelline Omnipotens
I never played Horizon Zero or its sequel. Did the main character always look like Nikocado Avocado, or did she get fat in the sequel, or what?
Absol95
Boot badge - It's Bootiful

#PSvitaNation
CERO, which is the Japanese Video game rating board, has too much power regarding censorship. They should either be revamped at least substantially, or shut down and replaced. Most of the people who run the show their are not part of the gaming industry, or much, if at all.
FeatherTrap
Artist -

Knight of Boops
@ponypony221
I don’t think @Absol95 said he wanted an ideologically captured American agency to take over, merely that he wanted the Japanese to sort their own shit out. This blatant whataboutism adds nothing to the conversation.
ANoobis

Ghibelline Omnipotens
The Saints Row Reboot has finally been patched after a nearly a year. It sounds like Gearbox made the game less of a horrible, bullet-spongy slog. I guess it went unnoticed, because the remnants of Volition released a statement all but begging people to give the game a second chance a week later.
It sucks for Gearbox that Volition was folded into them after Saints Row bombed. Now they’re responsible for delivering on Volition’s post-launch roadmap for their dead game. I imagine it’s demoralizing, as well as a waste of resources.
ponypony221
Chatty Kirin -

Excessively based homo
@FeatherTrap
Do you want to be my wife or something? If you’re going to nag me like this, you better at least offer to bend over from time to time. Sweet Celestia.
The point is that you should be careful what you wish for when asking for change, especially if the current situation is better than the existing alternatives.
Absol95

#PSvitaNation
I would rather play either “The Surge” on Xbox One, and PS4 versions “The Outer Worlds” and the Callisto Protocol than ANY version of Nu-Saints row, TLOU2 and Post-Cataclysm WoW.
FeatherTrap
Artist -

Knight of Boops
@ponypony221
Sorry, I don’t do pity sex. I have standards, you know.
Asking for out-of-touch bureaucrats who think every problem is one legislation away to be kept out of creative decisions over media is not an unreasonable ask, only the failure of parents to properly raise their children and rely upon these otherwise worthless state workers to be their tax-funded nanny makes it so.
@Absol95
Hot take maybe, but honestly I thought Saints Woke and The Outer Worlds where about on par in terms of writing and engagement. I suppose if you’re making an argument just for quality and polish then sure, TOW doesn’t get you stuck in level geometry or have NPCs bug the fuck out or anything like that.
But that’s only because TOW doesn’t even try, Obsidian don’t do very well when they’re trying to make a AAA game that isn’t basically just a glorified mod/expansion pack to a pre-existing product where 98% of the hard work was done for them. Saints Woke is a dumpster fire for sure but at least it was hilarious to watch someone else play it and laugh at how broken it was.
As for Neil Druckmann Golfing Simulator: Joel in One…yeah fair, none of the other games on the list are that awful.
ANoobis

Ghibelline Omnipotens
Tears of the Kingdom is selling very well. It’s already challenging for the top spot within the series. It appears to selling faster than Hogwarts Legacy did. Normally, I’d expect game journos to crow over that, but since they’re angry at Nintendo as well, I bet we’ll see them lash out again.
FeatherTrap
Artist -

Knight of Boops
@Havoc
I mean seriously, of all the unnecessary shit to spew forth from talentless hacks hoping to attach themselves to Tolkien’s magnum opus like creative-barnacles, a shitty stealth game about Gollum? A character whose narrative purpose is to serve as the contrast to Samwise Gamgee, representing Frodo’s inner darkness and his future should he become corrupted by the ring?
This literally sounds like something a corporate board member who spends too much time reading about the “genius” of postmodern subversion on his toilet breaks would say after getting drunk at a brainstorming meeting.
Hic mmmokhaay guys, ’ow bout this? Ihz like, a LotR game, right? But you like, play as Gollum ’nd stuff!”
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide