Video game thread

ponypony221
Chatty Kirin -

Excessively based homo
@Humble Oriathan  
It would be RACIST to show only white people in a white setting.

That’s why we put niggers in Medieval settings, among the Vikings, in LOTR, and in ancient Rome.

This doesn’t apply to Asian or Mexican settings.
Posted Report
TrukkinDuck
Boot badge - It's Bootiful
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Nopan is best pants
@ponypony221  
After all, there’s only such thing as whitewashing and that’s bad and that’s why we got Asian Captain America, Black Deadshot who’s apparently the real deal and that the one from Arkham Origins to Arkham City was a really good imposter who died and got killed by the real guy and Blade Wesker. And don’t forget women, it’s not sexist if the male character is genderbent or even a born strong female. Because white guys are evil, says America.
Posted Report
Anonymous #2138
@TrukkinDuck  
>Says America  
>America  
||More like says the Hebes/Jews and their Goy puppets who run and dominate most American, Canadian, West European, and even Russian and still most other Eastern European media, ditto for much of South African media. Not joking about Russia, Ukraine, and Belarus at all. There’s not as much of a Jewish presence there population-wise as in French, USA, and Israel, definitely not, but the influence is definitely there. despite what CNN and MSNBC claim Putin himself isn’t Russian in his ethnic background, his father was a Talmudic Scholar, and he was WELCOMED, not shunned when he went to the West Wall in Jerusalem by the Jewish populace there, back in the 2000s-early 2010s. Russia and China are no Saints, and neither are the US, UK, and NATO. There’s more than one way to subvert nations and their media; truly this is a sort of game of playing both sides against the middle. ||
Posted Report
ANoobis
A toast - Incredibly based
Book Horse - A user who has contributed to 5k+ metadata changes.
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.

Ghibelline Omnipotens
I’d never heard of this Forspoken game before yesterday, but I just learned that Twitter thinks the main character isn’t black enough and the media says that disliking it is racist. The discourse surrounding the game hasn’t told me anything about it, other than that it’s some kind of culture war battlefield. I don’t even know who’s on what side.
Posted Report
BikerDash

@ANoobis  
First I heard about it was some youtuber talking about the leaked systemm requirements for the game. He also discussed about there being a review blackout until a day before game release. And apparently, they was being extremely selective about who they let review the game.
Posted Report
ANoobis

Ghibelline Omnipotens
I think outlets are running out of ways to run down Hogwarts Legacy. The new line of attack is that the game allowing the use of killing curses without having a morality system is too much freedom for the player, and that’s bad just because. Forbes and Gamerant are pretty tepid on the matter, with articles that vaguely imply that giving players choices is ominous without going into it. Kotaku has a much stronger take, leading me to assume that they started this and the others are just following, maybe without even understanding what the attack is trying to accomplish. All Hogwarts Legacy coverage and discussion is banned on Resetera, so at least they aren’t on this bandwagon.
Posted Report
ponypony221
Chatty Kirin -

Excessively based homo
@ANoobis  
I wonder if WB paid for this coverage. It’s doing more marketing than the company is.

“You can use killing curses! Isn’t that horrible?”
Posted Report
Humble Oriathan
Boot badge - It's Bootiful

Wally Worshiper
@ANoobis  
I’ll be amazed if Twitch allows streamers to even stream the game. I feel sorry for any streamers who get raided by the troon brigade and get spammed with tranny hearts when they just want to relax and talk to people while enjoying the game.
Posted Report
Anonymous #F9D1
@Humble Oriathan  
That’ll happen regardless of what game it is. I can’t count how many streams I’ve watched where they wandered in and flooded the chat with ‘TRanS rIGhTs’ until the streamer either said it or the stream ended.
Posted Report
DvneT

Derpibooru Ref-cute-gee
I think outlets are running out of ways to run down Hogwarts Legacy. The new line of attack is that the game allowing the use of killing curses without having a morality system is too much freedom for the player, and that’s bad just because. Forbes and Gamerant are pretty tepid on the matter, with articles that vaguely imply that giving players choices is ominous without going into it. Kotaku has a much stronger take, leading me to assume that they started this and the others are just following, maybe without even understanding what the attack is trying to accomplish. All Hogwarts Legacy coverage and discussion is banned on Resetera, so at least they aren’t on this bandwagon.

I remember a time where a game being linear and forcing the player down one specific path was seen as one of the worst sins developers could do when making RPGs. Now? You can’t do anything that some random faggot might disagree with or throw a shitfit about. It’s like some bizarro spin on the 2000s craze of video games being Satan incarnate because oh no, people can get hurt, and even die!

Nowadays it really is just “Player freedom! …Wait, no, not like that!”
Posted Report
ANoobis

Ghibelline Omnipotens
Forspoken is already discounted at some retailers, including Amazon. I still don’t know anything about it. The only narrative surrounding it currently is that Hi-Fi Rush, another game I’d never heard of before, came out of nowhere to shit all over it.

full

full
Posted Report
Anonymous #F9D1
It only took 13 hours for 343’s black history month announcement on steam to have its comments locked this time.
Posted Report
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide