Video game thread

ponypony221
Chatty Kirin -

Excessively based homo
@Officer Hotpants  
You mean steam? What did they do recently?

I decided it was a pretty shitty service a long time ago, back when they were banning people from their accounts (and games) for using wrong pronouns on the forums.
Posted Report
Absol95
Boot badge - It's Bootiful

#PSvitaNation
@Officer Hotpants

Origin is better than the EA app for sure, overall. However, if you happen to be running Mac OS, there is no major push to the new one.  
Also, I think Origin is better than the Bethesda Launcher, Epic store, and Ubisoft Connect, though still less optimal than Beamdog, Steam, itch.io, and GOG.
Posted Report
Anonymous #F9D1
Halo multiplayer just isn’t fun anymore. In all but about 20% of matches you’ll get pitted against a full stack that plays social as if it were ranked and get completely stomped. Another 15% you’ll get a match where the enemy team is so poorly composed you do the stomping, and then the last 5% it’s actually a good, close, fun match.

I don’t know if it’s just nostalgia, but matches 10-15 years ago felt significantly more even.
Posted Report
DvneT
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Derpibooru Ref-cute-gee
@Anonymous #F9D1  
Unfortunately, Halo too has implemented the wonderful, semi-recent trend in AAA shooters: a skill-based matchmaking system!

1. Perform well or even around average in a particular game.  
  2. The system decides you’re having a little too much fun or playing a little too well and puts you in a game where you have to either treat it like an e-sport or get your shit kicked in.  
  3. Get your shit kicked in.  
  4. Get bumped back down the ladder.  
  5. Repeat steps 1-4.
Absol95

#PSvitaNation
The Anniversary PS4 and Xbox One (certainly can confirm for the former) editions of TES V: Skyrim are basically the Special Editions of Skyrim tacked on with not only new code here and there but the Creation Club content that Todd liked the most. ||Just saying, alright? I also think that Fuckup 76’s launch and the PR + refund controversy Nightmare surrounding it was more worthy of having Todd Howard grabbed, dragged into a restroom stall, have his head shoved into the toilet, and flushing it, than Skyrim having more than one official edition, overall. SE is where it should have official with the official re-releases of Skyrim, overall. || full  
full
Posted Report
ponypony221
Chatty Kirin -

Excessively based homo
@Cyborg_pony  
I hope it will eventually. Usually companies are allowed to remain as they were for a period after a buyout. I don’t expect anything, but it would be nice.
Posted Report
ANoobis
A toast - Incredibly based
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Book Horse - A user who has contributed to 5k+ metadata changes.
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.

Ghibelline Omnipotens
I’m liking NIS’ practice of bundling their classics for upscaled re-releases. I just played Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure, and I loved it. It was so good, it makes me wish I had played it when I was younger. Hopefully, they go on to release the final two Marl Kingdom games in Volume 4. Neither of them have come to the U.S. in any form yet.
Posted Report
Officer Hotpants
Rabid Squirrel - Don't pet it.
Officer Shid pants - Hi, Im a lil shid.

Double-0 Negative
@ANoobis  
Yeah, they’ve always been kind of schizo about what they will and won’t export. I mean they brought over La Pucelle and it did well, yet they won’t bring over Marl? They’re one series. And not in the way that all their games trade characters & references back and forth; I mean they’re actually part of a series in the same setting. I think La Pucelle is set something like 60 years later (don’t recall the exact details now). They’re still pulling the Final Fantasy shit long after they should have learned better.

Which reminds me: I need to pick up La Pucelle on Steam.
Posted Report
Absol95

#PSvitaNation
@ponypony221  
Just a reminder, Bill Gates is not even on the board of Directors of MS any more; Last time Bill was CEO was in 2008. Now, another man is calling the shots.
Posted Report
Fleur de Lis
Artist -

déanaim seitreach
I’ve been playing a lot of games lately. Mostly action roguelikes, like Noita (with pony mod), Void Bastards and Hades.
Posted Report
ANoobis
Book Horse - A user who has contributed to 5k+ metadata changes.

Ghibelline Omnipotens
Microsoft is going to lay off 10,000 employees. It’s mostly marketing and sales people, but Bethesda and 343 are both being impacted as well.
Posted Report
Absol95

#PSvitaNation
343 needs to be just plain shut down. Even if at least some of the women pull the #MeToO card, that doesn’t make them winners in the end; more accurately, it makes them opportunists and exaggerators.
Posted Report
IvanSatoru
Artist -

Angle-Considerer
@Humble Oriathan  
I find it weird that you can be a negroid person in the game. Was there any negroid person in the movies? I actually don’t remember. There was that Chinese girl but that’s about it.
Posted Report
Humble Oriathan

Wally Worshiper
@IvanSatoru  
There were some black hogwarts students in the movie, but that was fine because the movies are set in the 1990s. The game is set in the 1880s and there’s more black students then there should be for a time when interracial relationships were still forbidden in many parts of Europe.
Posted Report
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide