Video game thread

Cyborg_pony
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

I don’t understand why they believe grooming a femboy into being trans by a fat man in his 50s is a “victory for representation” But here we are. Groomers gonna Groom.

You won, good for you. Don’t be butthurt when people start hating you for cuz the dev threw out 20 years of a character story arc to validate your obsession of making femboys trans because you do in fact see gender as a binary, despite what you say.

Still, Doesn’t help that character struggled to be seen as a man despite being forced to live a certain way and learn mannerisms from that, until a very large fat man(I’m sure no irony) kept pushing, and pushing, and pushing NOT respecting the pronouns given until Bridgette just broke and just accepted what was being told.
Dickson looking all sweaty at Bridgette’s supple body. It just had to be a girl, and if If not… “I’m gonna make ya FEEL LIKE A GIRL REAL GOOD LIKE!” I guess a “victory” is a victory. Just hope they don’t Dickson too much…

According to them; Bigots defend Femboys and the tolerent call them “Fairies” What a fucked timeline.

Here’s the validation they all wanted:

full

full
ponypony221
Chatty Kirin -

Excessively based homo
Steam banned a game developer and removed his game because he offended the trannies by making a joke in the patch notes.

I’m glad I stopped buying from Steam years ago when they started locking accounts for offending people. It’s getting worse.
ANoobis
A toast - Incredibly based
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Book Horse - A user who has contributed to 5k+ metadata changes.
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.

Ghibelline Omnipotens
Ishin is finally being released in the West. They’re making an enhanced re-release version, since the original release is a PS3/PS4 game from 2014.
FeatherTrap
Boot badge - It's Bootiful
Artist -

Knight of Boops
So recently an indie RTS game by the name of Sanctuary: Shattered Sun has come onto my radar, and when I heard that the dev team was made of modders from the SupCom Forged Alliance Forever project (as well as doing some modding for Planetary Annihilation for anyone who cares about that game) I maybe got a little excited.

Upcoming EPIC Scale RTS - An Intro to Sanctuary: Shattered Sun  
TL;DR: absolutely amazing concept with some red flags about lacking single player focused content at release. they promise to deliver some if they meet the stretch goals on their kickstarter, if this sounds interesting to you and you want this to be the best possible game (and you have some money to spare) consider donating.

So any game that seeks to walk in the footsteps of Chris Taylor’s magnum opus is ambitious by default but holy crap are they taking this to a whole other level. Destructible terrain that plays with the whole “sun inside of the dyson-sphere planet” lore to radically change the battlefield as you play, dynamic weather conditions that require you to adapt tactics on the fly?  
Damn does all of that sound really awesome.

And there’s already room to get involved with the development process, as they’re allowing followers access to the map editor to make their own custom maps, the best will be shipped with the game with credits given to the designers. This tells me that they already understand the importance of player-made content, one of the three pillars of making a long lasting and widely popular RTS game. No word on the second of those pillars: Casual Custom Skirmish games but I have confidence they’ll figure it out.

All that being said, we reach the third pillar and this is where I start to get nervous. The devs have stated that as it stands now: they will not be launching with a single player campaign mode. Considering about 34% of RTS players consider this to be an essential, must have feature and almost 80% agree that it’s at least a strict positive to have one, this one thing will almost certainly kill the game if they don’t have one in at launch. I’ve seen bigger studios with way more industry experience and more polished games fail because they didn’t take this aspect seriously.

RIP Grey Goo, your titular Goo faction was such an interesting and fun faction but by God you wanted to be an Esport so badly you forgot make the entire rest of your game fun or engaging… >.<

So this is why I wanted to rant about this in the thread, to help spread awareness of the game. They are planning to start a Kickstarter in the near future, and have said that a fully developed single player campaign experience will be one of their stretch goals. I know times are bad and many of you probably don’t have any money to burn on video games, much less the potential idea of a video game.

But if the idea of a spiritual successor to Supreme Commander and the next evolution of it’s formula is at all interesting to you, and you wish this game to have the greatest chance for success possible and be the optimal experience, then please consider even a small donation to help reach that stretch goal.

That’s all for now, thanks for coming to my TED talk.
ANoobis
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Book Horse - A user who has contributed to 5k+ metadata changes.

Ghibelline Omnipotens
The launch of the Saints Row reboot didn’t go to plan. For some reason, they thought they had slam dunk, even though they had real-time feedback to the contrary for weeks leading up to the launch. The situation is clearly worse than the CEO is projecting. Their community manager has been having a meltdown on Twitter, calling people who don’t like their game terrorists and saying that Volition doesn’t want anyone who doesn’t like their new shit as a customer.
Absol95
Boot badge - It's Bootiful

#PSvitaNation
Alright, so ESO (Elder Scrolls Online) has exactly how many major lore retcons and discrepancies, overall. It takes place before Arena even began, AFAIK. I also understand that some would be turned off by the art-style used for the models of many of the in-universe races and beasts. Either its a prequel in the vein of KOTOR in Star Wars canon pre-2014, a separate continuity a la and AU, or is a non-canon spinoff that is at best a gigantic bunch of “what if” stories. Hmmmh
Anonymous #2138
@IvanSatoru  
>Ukraine killed Russians for years in Crimea, Luhansk, and Donbass, therefore Russia is fully justified in every area of their military operation  
Its funny and in some way, pathetic in how you see that overt use of the contemporary flag of Ukraine is something that only females or the downright weak-minded do. Kyiv is not simple “nuspeak” made out of the blue, its a language issue and area of debate as opposed to Kiev. If you don’t want Ukraine to exist, go ahead, kiss Putin’s and his fellow Russian billionaire ||(most of whom aren’t actual ethnic Russians but are chosenites, while those who are neither Russian, other Slavic White, nor Jew, are Azerbaijani, Kazakh, or some other stock of Central Asian) Oligarchs’ asses and enlist in Russia’s Army, Navy, Marine, or Airforce. Yeah, sure, never mind what ends up happening to many of Putin’s opponents and critics, especially the most public and vocal ones suffering utterly tragic fates: ahem poisoned to death, sentenced to prison for years on suspicious grounds, stabbed, or literally gunned down! I know that Crimea was occupied by Russia and officially is now Russian territory just as the Kaliningrad mini-exclave Oblast is, along with the majority of the mainstream media of the EU nations, USA, and Canada made false claims about why Putin and many members of the Duma approved of it. (ahem linguistic, and at times, violent repression of Crimean Russians and similarly for the Tartars of that area by platoons of Ukrainian soldiers unquestioningly doing what they’re told by their commanders. Such events have been happening too in the Donbass and Luhansk regions, yes, plus crisis actors being used here and there like in the 1991 Gulf War’s and Sandy Hook’s case. This, however DOES NOT mean that Putin is genuinely out of true concern, that trying to save the Russian minority of Ukraine. Ukraine is not a mere invention made up by Lenin, as some believe. NEITHER ZELENSKY NOR VLAD PUTIN actually care for either the Russians or Ukrainians! Also, what honestly makes you think that the Donbass and Luhansk referendums on voting either for or against becoming part of Russia any less prone to voter fraud of any kind, which has happened in many Latin American nations like Mexico, Venezuela, and Colombia, El Salvador, Argentina, Russia’s neighbor Belarus, and some Central Asian nations like Tajikistan, and Turkmenistan, as well as even in Russia itself? You know, ballot-stuffing, throwing out opposing votes or even shredding them ||
ponypony221
Chatty Kirin -

Excessively based homo
@ANoobis  
Game companies haven’t realized that hate-watching doesn’t exist for games like it does for shows and movies. Well, it does, but in the form of let’s plays, which the publishers don’t directly get money for.

When publishers pander to these rainbow freaks, you should just ignore the game. Don’t buy it. Don’t play it for free. Don’t pirate it. Don’t watch let’s plays. Don’t talk about it. In the modern world, all interaction is good interaction. The only way they know they lost is when they are ignored entirely. It’s the same for movies, TV, and everything else. They control the megaphone and the best way to fight that is to just stop listening.
Anonymous #E865
For some time I vouched for Bethesda to make an Anniversary edition of Morrowind in the latest version of the Creation Engine like they did with Skyrim, now I’m not so sure of that.
Officer Hotpants
Rabid Squirrel - Don't pet it.
Officer Shid pants - Hi, Im a lil shid.

Double-0 Negative
@Anonymous #E865  
There wouldn’t be any point. Every part of the old engine has been cracked open and fixed between MGEXE and Morrowind Code Patch. All you’d have is an objectively inferior version that couldn’t run 90% of the non-trash mods from the last 20 years and their old garbage DLC (Firemoth, Bitter Coast Sounds, LaFemm, etc) hardcoded in along with the bugs they introduce.
Anonymous #2138
@Anonymous #E865
There wouldn’t be any point. Every part of the old engine has been cracked open and fixed between MGEXE and Morrowind Code Patch. All you’d have is an objectively inferior version that couldn’t run 90% of the non-trash mods from the last 20 years and their old garbage DLC (Firemoth, Bitter Coast Sounds, LaFemm, etc) hardcoded in along with the bugs they introduce.

That’s… a very understandable point you have there. However, I wouldn’t say it would be objectively inferior in all areas. Other than graphics being more detailed, it could have some updated options for modding, if given the proper care in coding and scripting. It is also possible, if the current dev team at Bethesda truly cared enough, to make this hypothetical edition able to have at least some percentage of the mods from the last 20 years aka meant for OG Morrowind be converted to be usable for this 20th anniversary edition, so to speak TES V LE AND SE have had mods made originally for one respective edition, but there have been many cases where conversion from LE to SE has succeeded. Oh, and the DLC/expansions for Morrowind are not all garbage, poor, or mediocre (I’d say that LaFemm and Entertainers are the weakest ones). Anyway, Starfield will be what comes up next in release order, time will tell how that plays out on release.
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide