Video game thread

Officer Hotpants
Rabid Squirrel - Don't pet it.
A toast - Incredibly based
Officer Shid pants - Hi, Im a lil shid.
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Double-0 Negative
@Absol95  
Which is a good thing. Or have we forgotten that their last few offerings have been increasingly obviously rushed messes? Now if they’re still not out two or three years from now, then it’s a problem. Duking the games would, indeed, be even worse.

And let’s not forget that they were recently purchased by Microsoft. You can bet your ass they want their first releases under their new owners to be as shiny as possible. Especially given the reputation they built for themselves in the years prior to that purchase. Microsoft wouldn’t have any qualms with shaking things up if they continue to flop (or more bluntly, firing people for a continuing pattern of abject incompetence). I wouldn’t be surprised if the delay is because they were planning to shit out another barely functional piece of trash that they’d spend a decade popping out 1/10 of a community patch for, and then the purchase happened and they had to scramble to fix it up into a decent enough product that they wouldn’t face another class action lawsuit over it.
Fleur de Lis
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Artist -

déanaim seitreach
I finally played through DOOM 2016. It’s pretty fun to kill the demons, unlike in real life where one has to tolerate them.

Probably will be a while before I have enough free low priority time to complete another game, and I don’t really have the patience during the summer heat, so at least I leave from playing a good game.
Anonymous #F9D1
Decided to try out Sniper Elite 5 since a friend gave me 2 months of Xbox game pass. Runs better than 3 does, even on my outdated hardware. The ability to perform non-lethal takedowns on enemies and receiving bonus points for doing so is a neat and unexpected addition. I expect some journo or small twitter mob to take issue with it though.
ANoobis
A toast - Incredibly based
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Book Horse - A user who has contributed to 5k+ metadata changes.

Ghibelline Omnipotens
I just picked up Turok and Turok 2 on the PSN sale. Turok was a nostalgia trip for me, but I never got the chance to play the second one. My impression so far is that Turok 2 is the game that Daikatana wanted to be, from the time travel storyline and the hilariously chunky, over designed weapons to the lavish gore physics designed to serve said weapons. I just wish Turok 3 had been remastered as well.
Cyborg_pony

There hasn’t really been anything interesting shown over these events. A lot of space and crafting survival games - especially space crafting.

The only one that showed any visceral gore was Diablo 4, but it’s Diablo 4 with only 5 classes to put the rest as DLC and it’s Blizzard.
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide