Video game thread

ANoobis
A toast - Incredibly based
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Book Horse - A user who has contributed to 5k+ metadata changes.
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Ghibelline Omnipotens
I guess a new Jurassic World theme park simulator just came out. It’s so lame that we haven’t gotten anything but sims outside of one Lego game in the past decade. Jurassic Park games used to be cool. Now it’s just park sims and mobile park sims.
Humble Oriathan
Boot badge - It's Bootiful

Wally Worshiper
I got all the way up to Baal’s minions in Hardcore Nightmare as a Druid on D2 Resurrected. A new record on how far I’ve gotten in Hardcore all by myself with any character!
user7853

lately i have seen the sentiment of “all 3 new AAA shooters are varying degrees of bad, just reinstall planetside 2”

and i can testify that
Barhandar
Artist -
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained (Cheeky Breeky)

@TeamBlueplant  
planetside 2 is microtransactory corner-cutted ”hurr lets offload even more processing to clients and use newer CPU instructions, that’s totally not what killed planetside 1” trash, play openside 1 instead
user7853

@Barhandar  
it runs suprisingly smoothly on my mid spec pc, even in the chaos thats is open field battles  
but basically yea, it suffers of the usual microtransaction bs that most free to play games out there suffer from, and the devs arent the best either, tho id peg them above bungie’s devs  
its basically “play planetside 2 if you want big team battles with a lot of bullshit but a community”
ANoobis
Book Horse - A user who has contributed to 5k+ metadata changes.

Ghibelline Omnipotens
I’m interested in Space Marine 2 being announced. It seems that they won’t be continuing the story as it was originally planned, but they may end up in roughly the same place, we’ll see.
EverfreeEmergencies
Artist -

Amateur-er Autist
@Humble Oriathan  
I’m waiting to see if it’s going to turn out to have “campaign DLC” before giving money to 343. The game also crashes every time I respawn in multiplayer, so I’m not convinced it’s stable enough for the campaign to be playable for me either.
FeatherTrap
Boot badge - It's Bootiful
Artist -

Knight of Boops
Okay, I just finished the entire Call of Juarez franchise (disregarding that one dumpster fire that doesn’t exist and that you can’t even get for sale on Steam or GOG anymore), and if anyone is willing to listen to my fag-ass, I’ll be happy to post a few walls of text to describe my thoughts on the experience.

tl;dr version: Franchise is good. Play the first two games at least.

• First game would be a masterpiece if not for some rather poorly implemented dueling, stealth and platforming sections that are merely decent on the rare occasions they work properly, and infuriating at all other times. Still an amazing western experience, with a sincerity in tone and atmosphere.

• Bound in Blood was a much tighter game, and the narrative is a lot more focused. They also got rid of most of the frustrating mechanics from the first game, however the “adventure” aspect suffers for it. Still amazing, but feels a little more like a cowboy shooter then a western experience then the first game. Wish they had made those parts actually work properly instead of scrapping them entirely.  
    Also, the dueling mechanic is the worst in the series. It can suck cocks in Hell.

• I have mixed feelings about Gunslinger, on the plus side the shooting is easily the best in the series and the dueling system as been given some essential anti-frustration features so that you can be better informed of what you’re doing. That being said it’s a Call of Juarez game in name alone, all effort to create an authentic western tale has been completely abandoned in favour of an arcade shooter with a cartoony, tongue in cheek vibe.  
    If you appreciate the more satirical and deconstructionist approach to the western genre then more power to you. I just felt like it was mocking the very aspect that made the franchise so compelling to me in the first place. Play it if you don’t mind the drastic change in tone and want a solid western FPS with skill progression.
Cyborg_pony

@FeatherTrap  
I’ll listen to you “fag-ass” as you put it, since RDR2 was kinda of empty for the most part. Few Bounty missions, Duels are difficult to understand and also scarce and you can kind of guess where it’s going to go seeing it’s a prequel game, which is a bad sign when “2” is a prequel. Then all the Bullshit they were doing to pander to people that don’t play the game plus all the bullshit 2-K is doing now.

If they made a Red Dead 3, you’ll probably be a “Stronk Wahman” with the mental illness haircut and blue highlihgts(somehow) who has to deal with sexism and be the first feminist, decades before that happened while inventing everything of the modern era just for the ultimate goal of a soy Latte.

And it sucks, since I wanna play more wild west themed games. Knowing how the industry goes, the next closest game will be a Dark souls clone or have to push THE MESSAGE to get any press. I’m glad they made Gunslinger free. It definitely shows it’s age, but still more fun then the newest battlefield or CoD.
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide