Video game thread

Anonymous #F9D1
I’m just waiting for the “no guys Rockstar is totally innocent and everything bad that ever happened was Take Two’s fault” like every other time Rockstar has fucked up in the last decade.
FeatherTrap
Boot badge - It's Bootiful
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
A toast - Incredibly based
Artist -
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Knight of Boops
Goooooooooooog foooooooooockin’ dooooooooooooomnit >.<

I saw this video with a title regarding a leak about Rockstar making Red Dead Redemption III. I was curious and my boner for westerns got the better of me so I clicked on it.

Then about four minutes into the video with him just talking about the franchise up to that point and the creative leads at Rockstar, I started to realise I had been clickbaited. Then he went “Nah, it’s probably just a typo on a memo, sorry guys! RDR III is not confirmed!” :D

Son of a motherless, dog-fucking whore. >:(
Azure Fang
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event

Oh no, he's here?
@FeatherTrap  
Just did a lookup out of curiosity. Got no less than 30 unique articles claiming that RDR3 has been “confirmed”, but they all rely on a single interview where Zelnick stated that Red Dead will be one of their “never-ending” franchises. It would be amazing how much people will over-hype single phrases, but then I look at the NMS non-controversy or Nintendo fans in general.
Humble Oriathan

Wally Worshiper
@FeatherTrap  
Reminds me of the time I saw a video on youtube that was titled “How to drive the car in Red Dead Redemption” back when the first one was still pretty new, and it was a Rick Roll, but not an ordinary rick roll. It was a poorly drawn stick figure dancing and singing the song the song in a heavy european accent. It was legit funny.
FeatherTrap
Artist -

Knight of Boops
You know, this might be a non-sequitur, but last night my creative juices got flowing and I started wondering what a potential Red Dead Redemption III could look like.

I know the stock standard answer is either to make Jack Marston the main character or set it during the early glory days of the Van der Linde gang, but I have a hot take on the issue: The gang was never particularly interesting as characters in their own right. The only members that had anything going for them already had the most entertaining and compelling stories already told, and the rest aren’t enough to warrant marrying the franchise to them.

So I say for RDR III, let’s just forget about the gang, and make a new story. Or if you’re insistent that Red Dead Redemption be about the gang and it’s members, then how about a new Red Dead game entirely? For those who don’t remember, RDR I was not the first game in the franchise, that honour goes to the often forgotten Red Dead Revolver.

I’ve spent most of last night brainstorming concepts for stories that I think would make good Red Dead games…well, at least Western games, since it seems any other competition has shat the bed and died. R.I.P. Call of Juarez, you never could shake the stink from that awful Cartel game. >.<
user7853

@FeatherTrap  
do you unironically own a cowboy hat and single action revolver or something?

last western game i played was a phone game rpg open world kinda thing, it had the usual free to play mobile game issues but the game was suprisingly big and diverse
IvanSatoru
Artist -

Angle-Considerer
@FeatherTrap  
Hmm don’t know if this one is good enough but Fistful of Frags used to be really good, and then it started to get dumbed down with nerfs and “muh balance.” Back when I still played it about half a year ago I thought it was still pretty darn good. No story mode though, but it’s free to play and still had a lot of players to fill a few servers regularly.
FeatherTrap
Artist -

Knight of Boops
@TeamBlueplant  
First off, no. Secondly, what do you mean “unironically”? Is that a crime now?

Well owning guns is a crime in my country actually. So is going outside.

@ANoobis  
Never played it, I see it’s available on GoG. Does anyone here recommend it?

@IvanSatoru  
Multiplayer, eww. >.<  
I wanna feel like a gunslinger, not a sweaty tryhard.
Officer Hotpants
Rabid Squirrel - Don't pet it.
Officer Shid pants - Hi, Im a lil shid.

Double-0 Negative
@FeatherTrap  
Gun was… an experience. A big, empty, at times seemingly untextured experience. I recall there being good parts, though I can’t really remember them. Good enough that I finished it once, at least. I recall thinking that RDR must have taken inspiration from it.

Also it had a seven-barreled cannon if you 100%ed it. So that was cool.
ANoobis
Book Horse - A user who has contributed to 5k+ metadata changes.

Ghibelline Omnipotens
This year has been a trip so far. There wasn’t even room for Diablo II: Resurrected on this image.

full
FeatherTrap
Artist -

Knight of Boops
@Officer Hotpants  
An experience…that’s a good way of phrasing it. :/

Once I saw the cutscene with the ||maniacal murder priest being reprimanded by the Confederate Pirate…  
full

…with his own custom jolly roger dixie flag and skull train..  
full

||  
…I was like “well…that happened”. :/

@IvanSatoru  
One is fun and amazing, the other involves screaming like an autistic infant because someone broke your killstreak and being insufferably whiny about every little quirk in the game throwing off your delusions of having Godlike skillz.
Humble Oriathan

Wally Worshiper
So the problem with Pokemon Diamond & Pearl is that the time in game is set to the time it is irl in your current location, and as you can imagine, there are certain events and things you can’t do unless you play the game at certain times of the day, with the biggest challenge (for me anyway) being that there are jogger trainers who refuse to challenge you unless you play the game and meet them early in the morning. Like REALLY early. Like 5am early. Nintendo is essentialy encouraging kids to stay up really late on school days and play the game till they can barely keep their eyes open in school.
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide