Video game thread

ANoobis
A toast - Incredibly based
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Book Horse - A user who has contributed to 5k+ metadata changes.
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Ghibelline Omnipotens
I’m getting worried about S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2. Looking at the absolute mess that Far Cry 6 is, I’m seeing just how bad things can get if the devs decide to make S.T.A.L.K.E.R. into a normie game.
user7853

@ANoobis  
it will most probably be a normie game with a 5 hour tutorial where they say that shooting enemies in the head does extra damage

full

modern games and most remakes make me sad
user7853

@Officer Hotpants  
mandy videos about horrors to relax and sleep to  
its fun watching a video of his about a game i never played before, not understand what the fuck is going on, play it some time later and go “ohh, it makes sense now, hah”, happened with tyranny and sunless skies
Officer Hotpants
Rabid Squirrel - Don't pet it.
Officer Shid pants - Hi, Im a lil shid.

Double-0 Negative
@TeamBlueplant  
It’s funny. Mandi & Sseth tend to play a lot of things I already have while Civvie is how I find new games (or at least new for me).

And Ross plays shit so obscure that the possibility he has a doorway to a nearby parallel reality can’t be entirely ruled out.
user7853

@Officer Hotpants  
ross has a such “nice guy” voice and tone that doesnt match with what he plays or says  
i barely play any new games unless epic scam store puts something interesting for free (im saving for university and CLP to steam money conversion is kinda shitty, shut)
Mariculture
Artist -

Amateur-er Autist
I can see why everyone says the naval battles in Rome 2 are bad. Eight of the cheapest missile ships probably shouldn’t be able to steamroll a half stack army and its reinforcements.
Officer Hotpants

Double-0 Negative
@EverfreeEmergencies  
Could be worse. You could have… well, I was going to say “pre-expansion Civilization 5 bronze-spears-beat-modern-tanks bullshit” but thinking on it, I think that’s actually been a thing in every Civ title.
Humble Oriathan
Boot badge - It's Bootiful

Wally Worshiper
Played a few hours of Let’s Build a Zoo so far and it’s pretty fun. It’s basically a more silly and relaxed version of Planet Zoo. You have control over so many things like the kind of foods your animals eat and there’s a morality system that further complicates what kind of buildings you can and can’t unlock. My only complaint is that there is no sandbox mode. You have no choice but to play the game and unlock every little thing before you can build the ideal zoo you want. You don’t have access to every animal right off the bat either. New animals have to be obtained through constant trading of other animals you have immediate access to.
ANoobis
Book Horse - A user who has contributed to 5k+ metadata changes.

Ghibelline Omnipotens
Fortnite shutting down in China feels really strange. Epic is half-owned by Tencent, and they can’t even do business there under the new Chinese legal regime.
Officer Hotpants

Double-0 Negative
@Humble Oriathan  
Eugh. I’m fine with sandboxes requiring you to unlock the best shit legitimately first (kind of dumb but I’m fine with it) but none at all? In a -builder game? Misstep.

How old is it, anyway? If it’s new then it might be something that’s in the pipeline.
user7853

i somehow found myself playing a lot of fallout 4 again

despite the game’s faults (and it has many faults) its still suprisingly fun
Officer Hotpants

Double-0 Negative
@TeamBlueplant  
Oh, for sure. It can’t really be denied that the games Bethesda makes are mechanically a lot of fun. I’ll tear apart their bad choices all day but, importantly, I only care because the product isn’t entirely shit. It’s half shit, half gold. That’s why the shitty parts bother me; they’re stinking up the gold.

Speaking of Todd (and moving on to what I came here to say), they’re releasing an anniversary edition of Skyrim. Whether it’s the anniversary of the 10 year old original release or the five year old special edition, I don’t know. Apparently it comes bundled with all the creation club content, though, which is something like 80 mini-dlcs. While the re-re-re-re-release thing certainly gets tiresome I have to acknowledge that that’s actually a decent offering for a re-release so long as they don’t jack the price up to $90 or something. Also it apparently offers some new fishing mechanic complete with aquariums and wall mounts for your catches, and I’m admittedly a sucker for a good fishing game. And they’re actually porting a few things back, which is a nice gesture.
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide