Video game thread

Barhandar
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Artist -
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained (Cheeky Breeky)

@Humble Oriathan  
It’s because of plandemic plus modern culture resulting in people not experiencing all those things for themselves, hence, simulators. Since the genre caters to two kinds of people: those who want to experience something they can’t IRL, and the obsessed.
Humble Oriathan
Boot badge - It's Bootiful
A toast - Incredibly based
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Wally Worshiper
@Barhandar  
Checks out…though, admittedly, the Dinosaur Simulator sounds like something I might get just because. My inner child keeps saying “Wow! Dinosaurs! RAAAWR!”. I really loved dinosaur toys as a kid.
Officer Hotpants
Rabid Squirrel - Don't pet it.
Officer Shid pants - Hi, Im a lil shid.

Double-0 Negative
@Cyborg_pony  
Pfft. You know as much as I’d love to see Twitch fail, I hope they succeed just enough to show up Epic. Bonus points if they do it without buying all their content sources in a wildly unsustainable way.
Officer Hotpants

Double-0 Negative
@Mitchy  
That’s sad. And unfortunate. The DQ7 music is permanently burned into my brain. Fuck, the moment I realized you meant “Dragon Quest” and not “Dairy Queen” the world map music immediately started playing in my head.

Also thanks for reminding me that I need to check out original PC EVO at some point.
Cyborg_pony

Anyone surprised that Journos don’t like Metroid Dread for being “too hard” while cheering for Psychonauts’ for a baby mode that allows them to just breeze through it?
Anonymous #8CDE
@Cyborg_pony  
This should not surprise anyone, because people who call themselves “games journalists” are not gamers and never were. These are people who are obsessed and consumed with their hatred and contempt for games, gamers, and gaming culture. Why would they ever want to git gud when they get paid so much to write columns and social media posts like this? Use your favorite search engine to look for “git gud is toxic” and you will see that for the past three years all the usual suspects have been REEEEEEEEing in unison, usually with the exact same phrases copied and pasted. Telling people who aren’t good at games that they should try harder is gatekeeping! It’s elitist! It’s what those “Gamergate” assholes do! They want an easy-mode “I win” button because they suck, both at games and at being human beings. All the exact same people want an easy-mode “I win” button for life, too, and they don’t want anyone to be allowed to tell them to git gud.
Absol95

#PSvitaNation
If I, for whatever reason, do manage to buy a PS4(likely either an OG or Pro model) for Christmas/yule this year, it will most certainly be the last piece of gaming hardware from Sony that I will ever get. Also, I can understand Paypal and credit card carriers no longer supporting the PS3 directly, but why the PS Vita as well? Its a handheld that’s like several or so years younger!
Officer Hotpants

Double-0 Negative
Apparently Rockstar has been on the warpath against the modding community. Turns out they were doing it because they’re planning to release a remake collection of some of the older games and it’s part of their plan to…

… … yeah, I got nothin’. That’s a dumbshit plan to contend for the throne of the ruler of dumbshit plans. Give everyone a reason to hate you as a prelude to trying to sell them a new copy of something they already have that you just gave a permanent bitter taste to.
Absol95

#PSvitaNation
Boy, are the Call of Duty Games on Steam so fucking expensive! Even when they are on sale, its not by much, like 10-15% off (or 20% if they feel “generous”).
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide