Video game thread

Mariculture
Artist -
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Amateur-er Autist
@Humble Oriathan  
>implying I need a reason other than ‘screws over the NCR’  
If Caesar was younger and in good health I might be willing to believe the Legion is the “best” in the long run, though.
Mariculture
Artist -

Amateur-er Autist
I love that the easiest way to gain reputation with both NCR and Legion is to murder NCR soldiers for their dogtags.  
Also Honest Hearts’ magical Cazador ambushes were very annoying in Hardcore, since companions apparently refuse to take antivenom. The rest of the DLC was alright, I guess. Nearly-naked tribals taking more firepower to kill than Rangers in patrol armor is a little funny, though.
Fleur de Lis
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
Artist -

déanaim seitreach
@Officer Hotpants  
I don’t know if he’s lying or not. But I’ve checked every room in that dungeon about ten times. And every cave outside of it too. I’ve even looked at the location maps on the internet, to make sure I didn’t miss anything. I can not find the silver arrows.

I even tried to beat Ganon without them, but I absolutely do not have the required skills.

I’m out of ideas. Is this the end?
Fleur de Lis
Artist -

déanaim seitreach
@Azure Fang  
I literally used the Beginner preset. Glitches Required: None, Item Placement: Basic

So it should be 100% Locations as well.  
“This setting ensures all 216 locations can always be reached regardless of how inefficiently keys are used within dungeons. Specifically, big keys cannot be in big chests and certain chests behind key doors cannot contain small keys.”

Beatable is the opposite.  
“This setting only ensures the game can be beaten. You may be locked out of non-required items (e.g. Fire Rod if it is not needed to complete the goal) and even non-required dungeons.”

And I’ve found every other item.
ANoobis
A toast - Incredibly based
Book Horse - A user who has contributed to 5k+ metadata changes.

Ghibelline Omnipotens
Anyone interested in Palworld? The setting hooked me, but the fact that it’s an online multiplayer survival thing is really unfortunate as far I’m concerned.
Azure Fang

Oh no, he's here?
@ANoobis  
It’s marked as Single Player, Online Co-Op, and bizarrely enough LAN Co-Op on Steam, but also marks “Broadband Internet” as a minimum requirement; it will most likely be playable solo, but the question remains whether or not it will actually require an always-on connection. I’m more worried about the fact that PocketPair, the dev/pub, abandoned OverDungeon unfinished to abandon Craftopia to work on Palworld.
Mariculture
Artist -

Amateur-er Autist
I feel extremely dumb. I never bothered to mod Skyrim or Fallout 4 until recently because I enjoy achievement whoring, but I never thought to check for mods that un-disable them.
Anonymous #B092
@ANoobis  
I don’t know what to think of the trailer. It’s like Final Fantasy 7 and, I don’t know, a 3D CGI Pokemon game from 2003 that was abandoned during dev had a baby, and the baby had automatic weapons.

I did laugh at the bulletproof sheep with tears in its eyes, though. I’m going to Hell for that one.
Officer Hotpants
Rabid Squirrel - Don't pet it.
A toast - Incredibly based
Officer Shid pants - Hi, Im a lil shid.

Double-0 Negative
@EverfreeEmergencies  
For Skyrim SE it was the first mod I looked up and the third mod I downloaded after SkyUI and SKSE. In Fallout 4’s case, however, the only mods I’ve downloaded are a pair of unobtrusive power armor mods that don’t even register as such (and thus don’t affect achivements): one to remove the god awful transparency from the HUD and one to reduce the eye-searing glare of the power armor pipboy menus.

I still find it amazing that a bug fix mod will lock your achievements but turning on god mode via the built-in console doesn’t. That is, bar none, the most Bethesda thing ever.
Mariculture
Artist -

Amateur-er Autist
Having not played OWB or Lonesome Road yet, Dead Money is my least favorite of the New Vegas DLCs so far. Partly because of the visibility, partly because it keeps throwing runtime errors. Not big on playing hide & mineseeker either, but it’s tolerable. Might end up reverting to the save before entering the DLC and coming back to it with a different character later on.  
@TeamBlueplant  
@Officer Hotpants  
I just figured if the game disabled achievements if mods were installed, a mod that undisabled them couldn’t exist.
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide