Video game thread

EverfreeEmergencies
Artist -
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Amateur-er Autist
@Officer Hotpants  
It’s funny. One of the reasons they moved away from tiles was to cram more pops and jobs on planets, but now it feels like we’re back to that point, except the game is slower and more boring. Unless you find struggling to make planets support the economy exciting, I guess.
Officer Hotpants
Rabid Squirrel - Don't pet it.
A toast - Incredibly based
Officer Shid pants - Hi, Im a lil shid.
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.

Double-0 Negative
@EverfreeEmergencies  
It also largely eliminates concepts like picking your battles & biding your time. From what I’ve seen, it appears that your options are now to either play an overtly hostile empire from the beginning in a desperate bid to squeeze out a few extra pops or sit around poking at your failing economy while waiting for an empire that is playing that way to snap you up.

But if you’ve been following Stellaris’ development over the years then the fact that they’ve once again arbitrarily removed an element of player agency is hardly surprising. Frankly I’ll be amazed if you’re even still allowed to determine your own traits, government or diplomatic stance with other empires three years from now.
EverfreeEmergencies
Artist -

Amateur-er Autist
@Officer Hotpants  
Yeah, peaceful expansion is nearly impossible. If you’re not conquering or pop raiding you’re not getting anywhere. I don’t know why they didn’t just settle for a hard cap per planet dependent on planet size and keep everything else as is.  
>Frankly I’ll be amazed if you’re even still allowed to determine your own traits, government or diplomatic stance with other empires three years from now.  
I’ve already seen people campaigning for pops to be removed outright. Because all the game needs is to be dumbed down even more. At least it’s easy to revert to older versions.
EverfreeEmergencies
Artist -

Amateur-er Autist
On a more positive note, I got a pretty good start after reverting back to 2.8. Blocked in a fairly big fanatic xenophile I can vassalize later for the authoritarian faction, and managed to roll chemical bliss so I could eat my filthy fanatic egalitarian neighbors without their planet’s stability tanking. Might have to abandon one of my own colonies if I can’t get it’s stability up, but there’s a more habitable planet in the southern part of my empire anyway.

…does space have cardinal directions?
Humble Oriathan
Boot badge - It's Bootiful

Wally Worshiper
I encountered a horrifying glitch in Resident Evil last night. I blew off a crimson head’s…head, but even after blowing off its head, it still charged at me and swiped at me with its claws. I shot it again, he falls and presumably dies, but then when I went to his body, he got back up, tried to bite me, Chris countered with a dagger, I shoot him again, he presumably dies again…and THEN he got back up once more, tried to bite me, chris counters AGAIN with a dagger, then he finally falls over and dies for real. He got back up THREE times and acted like I didn’t even kill him, and all without a head.
Azure Fang

Oh no, he's here?
@Officer Hotpants  
That line under the player’s name is their current state in the game. Rather than doing the basic “Level X | In Y City” kind of state, they did a casual full description of where they are in the story or what they’re doing, to a degree I’ve never seen before.
Officer Hotpants

Double-0 Negative
@Havoc  
Heh heh. Yeah. At first.

Bit of advice: when you start raising quantum slimes, stash them down at the docks. Do NOT put them in the main ranch, shed or caves. Otherwise you’ll spend the rest of your days just trying to put the little fucks back in their cage when they teleport out. And for that reason, definitely don’t mix them with rock, crystal or explosive slims. Radiation can actually be useful, though, as it makes it easier to figure out where they are when they escape.
Officer Hotpants

Double-0 Negative
@Azure Fang  
I have three ponds in the caves. Two for actual production and one because for some reason I can’t help but collect every puddle slime I find. Occasionally the game bugs out and the holding pond with dozens of them produces several dozen plorts anyway. That’s always nice. As for the quantums, I’ve got about 50 of them, unmixed, in a cage down on the docks with two lemon trees and some drones on automatic feeding & depositing duty. I check in from time to time, suck the trees dry, refill the feeder and shoot the rest directly into the cage. I’m rarely there long enough for any of them to teleport out.

Fortunately space isn’t at nearly as much of a premium as it seems. As long as you make sure you don’t reuse slime types when mixing them, you’re left with plenty of extra plots for food and silos.
Officer Hotpants

Double-0 Negative
@Havoc  
They teleport out. A lot. Or at least they used to. Maybe they finally realized that it really wasn’t fun to have to play tard-wrangler for the little assholes. Having to snatch one back now and then is fine but you could quickly end up in a loop of recovering one only to find that more had jumped out while your back was turned.
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide