Video game thread

Humble Oriathan
Boot badge - It's Bootiful
A toast - Incredibly based
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Wally Worshiper
@Azure Fang  
I don’t bother with any of the leagues. I just play standard or hardcore. The special leagues are just more bizarre ways to either get loot or craft a more powerful item, which I’ll give them credit for creativity, because I’ve NEVER played an RPG that involved crafting an item by growing monsters like plants and slaying them.

@Officer Hotpants  
Path of Exile

@Havoc  
Yes, hors. And an elegant one too. The only other pet horses they have are ugly, zombie horses with fire manes and exposed ribcages.
Azure Fang

Oh no, he's here?
I can’t stop playing Loop Hero. I keep telling myself “just one more expedition”… then the sun rises and I realize how tired I am.

The music having been produced by blinch certainly does not help the matter, either.
Azure Fang

Oh no, he's here?
@Officer Hotpants  
Don’t go into it thinking it’s any form of action game (there have been more than a few threads on this confusion). It’s a semi-idle; character action is automatic, your role is placing land cards and equipping items.
𝕭𝖆𝖉𝖍𝖊𝖆𝖗𝖙
Boot badge - It's Bootiful
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained (Metallic Sound)

Forza, flywheels.

I kept spinning out. When you supercharge it, bringing the RPMs up is no different than a turbo. When I kept those revs down it started tearing up some ground.

When you rev it, the Rs drop slower. You wanna hit the gas as the revs drop at high RPM. Pop that clutch and you’ll peel out.

Sadly from what I’ve seen I probably would’ve been one of the fastest guys on the internet, I just can’t afford to play online.
Mariculture
Artist -

Amateur-er Autist
Been playing Phantom Doctrine recently. I expected it to be like Firaxis XCOM games, but it’s a bit more refreshing in that you aren’t punished for taking a different approach than intended like in XCOM (especially 2).

Want to complete a mission without ever drawing your weapons? Go for it. Rather forget stealth and go in guns blazing? Also acceptable. Everything go to shit and it’s time to cut your losses and run without completing the secondary objectives? You don’t fail the mission, you just don’t get much out of it. Hated that mission updates to kill remaining enemies in XCOM 2 were required for the mission to be considered successful and avoid the penalties associated with failure. We’re supposed to be a small guerrilla force fighting superior numbers, dammit.

The way missions work is also pretty interesting. Every enemy action is on a timer. Depending on when you catch it, you can scout it out to open up more options during the tactical phase, or even prevent one altogether. There’s more options I haven’t gotten far enough into the game to play with too.
GuiltyGrimoire

Level 26
Why can’t Cold War be, y’know, just good? I mean, zombies is pretty good, especially since it gives a bunch of help to casual players (once you hit lvl 54 you can essentially craft infinite revives) but the multiplayer is trash (thanks sbmm), my shoddy internet can’t play it, oops some cool guns are only unlockable by playing online, and they don’t level up if you get the blueprints, you have to have the original version!
Fleur de Lis
Artist -

déanaim seitreach
Just “unofficially finished” a Stellaris campaign. Fanatic pacifist lithoids.

My opinion on the game as of the Federations expansion is:  
Early Game: Slow buildup, but nice anyway.  
Mid Game: Frequent decisions in shaping one’s empire, building federations and manipulating the galactic community, building a dyson sphere and other megastructures, surpassing the fallen empires. Possibly most fun I’ve had in a strategy game. But, …  
Late Game: I just quit. Lag makes it unplayable. Repetitive content makes it not worth continuing anyway.

Also, my Steam account reaches five years old this month. Most played games:

OVER 500 HOURS  
-Hearts of Iron IV  
-Stellaris

OVER 100 HOURS  
-The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  
-Fallout 4  
-Crusader Kings II  
-Pillars of Eternity  
-Garry’s Mod
Mariculture
Artist -

Amateur-er Autist
Was getting bored of New Vegas so decided to play Fallout 4 again after not touching it for ages.

Whose bright idea was it to change the keyboard shortcuts from the last two games and introduce view bobbing that can’t be disabled? And why does Med-X look like cow syringes?
Fleur de Lis
Artist -

déanaim seitreach
Was getting bored of New Vegas so decided to play Fallout 4 again after not touching it for ages.
I was getting bored of Stellaris so decided to play Fallout 4 again after not touching it for ages. Coincidence?
Whose bright idea was it to change the keyboard shortcuts from the last two games?
Some of the keybindings do feel rather awkward. But the worst one is grenades and weapon bashing having to be on the same key.
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide