Video game thread

Mariculture
Artist -
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Amateur-er Autist
@Officer Hotpants  
Just give me two thumb buttons and I’m fine with it. Speaking of, I really need to find a new mouse. The scroll wheel jumps up and down randomly to the point where I just middle click to move around the page instead of using it because of the unreliability, and I’m not sure I can take it apart to clean the sensor or whatever it is without breaking the thing. Every new mouse I’ve tried has felt either cheap or uncomfortable too.

Might just get the same mouse again, but I don’t know.
Officer Hotpants
Rabid Squirrel - Don't pet it.
A toast - Incredibly based
Officer Shid pants - Hi, Im a lil shid.
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.

Double-0 Negative
@Azure Fang  
That, at least, is reasonable. What I can’t understand are the ones that have what appears to be an entire shrunken number pad on the side, three forward buttons, a palm button (those mercifully seem to have died fast) and two scroll wheels.

@EverfreeEmergencies  
I had the opposite problem with my last mouse. The scroll wheel button (I hate those things) was so loose that it would click whenever I tried to roll the wheel. Not sure how it got to that point seeing as I never use the wheel button.
Barhandar
Artist -
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained (Cheeky Breeky)

Meanwhile, few days ago Klei Entertainment (Don’t Starve, Oxygen Not Included) sold out to Tencent. RIP Klei, you were fun while you lasted, but money and letting a shitty, tyrannical, genocidal regime survive a bit longer was more important to you.
FeatherTrap
Boot badge - It's Bootiful
Artist -

Knight of Boops
@Barhandar  
One stack or two, Klei? >.<  
I’d say just one stack for them, two are reserved for important people.

I didn’t realise that Don’t Starve was a subtle reference to their future choice in corporate overlords.
FeatherTrap
Boot badge - It's Bootiful
Artist -

Knight of Boops
@Barhandar  
Reference to being paid off by the CCP, “stack” means a stack of Yen.

It came from that quote from the investigation into Hunter Biden specifically, “an extra stack for the Big Guy”, who is all but confirmed to be Bejing Joe himself.
Officer Hotpants
Rabid Squirrel - Don't pet it.
Officer Shid pants - Hi, Im a lil shid.

Double-0 Negative
@Barhandar  
Pfft. I was just looking at Don’t Starve the other day and considering installing & trying to play that game again (I’ve never seen a more obtuse survival game) but I guess I’ll give that a pass.
Barhandar
Artist -

@FeatherTrap  
@Officer Hotpants  
CDDA, short for Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead, is a post-apocalypse zombie survival actually interdimensional Lovecraftian horror roguelike, which has taken turn for excessive, in my opinion, simulation few years ago, such as:  
tracking sub-gram weights and sub-ml volumes  
trying to realistically justify portable nuclear power (“hurr durr the plutonium isotope stabilizes nanomatrix that stores energy” instead of the normal “it’s a sci-fi setting, nuclear power can do this in it, fuck off”) in, again, INTERDIMENSIONAL LOVECRAFTIAN HORROR  
adding “biosignatures” aka animal shit instead of what normal people would’ve added (prints, damaged vegetation…)  
full detail butchering  
dirty clothes that MAGICALLY can only be cleaned with washboard and soap (any water container and ashes? or just water and lots of effort? never heard of it…) or washing machines, et cetera.

Basically, it’s a survival game and I think that it’s even more obtuse than Don’t Starve is.
Mariculture
Artist -

Amateur-er Autist
@Barhandar  
Oh yeah, Sseth did a video on that, didn’t he? The RPG where the dev has an unkillable fursona and the community believes anyone who wants to a certain faction to be playable/allign-able is a Nazi?
Barhandar
Artist -

@EverfreeEmergencies  
That… rings exactly zero bells. I don’t watch Sseth, don’t remember any unkillable fursonas for Kevin or other devs and don’t know the community’s bullshit, much less their opinion on any factions in the game beyond the basic survivors/raiders/MUSHROOM.
Barhandar
Artist -

@FeatherTrap  
Fuck videos, they’re a colossal waste of time, taking 10 minutes for what 2 images and 3 paragraphs of text and 30 seconds to check them would provide, give me text or give me death.

Moved the Frontier thing to Vidya BS thread. Just know that The Frontier has atrocious writing and its makers are shitty people who partake in cancel culture.
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide