Video game thread

Azure Fang
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Oh no, he's here?
@Officer Hotpants  
[Wii Shop Flashbacks Intensify]  
They never made a lot of the DSiWare and Wii Shop games available again after they closed down the stores and cut off users from their purchased games. That was the beginning of my retirement from consoles. I miss Metroid, but not enough to give Nintendo any more money.
Acres
Rampant Alicorn - The majestic steed of a blessed crusade
A toast - Incredibly based (but on what?)
U Lil Shid - Hi, Im a lil shid.
Donor | Applejack - Wait, this isn't Lyra's...
Book Horse - A user who has contributed to 5k+ metadata changes.
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained (Renowned Sound)

@Fleur de Lis  
They put a cease and desist on an online emulator called slippi. This is the only way to host tournaments since the organizers can’t hold in person tournaments. They effectively cancelled a huge online tournament called the big house online.
Acres

@Officer Hotpants  
The real problem is that Nintendo is completely in the legal right to do it. Every asshole thing they do from destroying fan games, copyrighting music in videos, and killing emulators is never legally wrong.
Azure Fang

Oh no, he's here?
@acres  
Their usage of “copyright entrapment” (contracting parties to host copyrighted content on filesharing sites and harvest infringing IP addresses, an act rampant on TPB) is as legally ambiguous as it was when the RIAA started doing it after the fall of Napster, but other than that I hate that you’re right.
Aryanne

卐 1488 卐
@Havoc  
That’s what happens when all of the politicians and elected officials are boomers.

I’ll bet you that some of those lawmakers still don’t even understand what “Email” is.
Havoc
Artist - shidtist
Chatty Kirin - A shidder who has reached 1000 combined forum shids or comments.
Liberty Belle - Shids the song of the unshidded

Half Dragon, Half Meme
@Aryanne  
It also doesn’t help that they all think that capitalism means no regulation and that companies can do whatever they want.
Acres

@Azure Fang  
Pokémon uranium had more love and care put into it, than the last two mainline pokemon games combined. Sega of all companies saw how fans can love a series and gave them jobs. You know what we got out of it? Sonic mania one of the few sonic games I played over and over again. Nintendo, nah kill the project someone spent 10 years making.

I’m glad they released it and I got a copy anyway.
Azure Fang

Oh no, he's here?
@acres  
Oh believe me I get it. I’m still fuming over the destruction of the Metroid 2 fan remake, considering I’m one of the “lucky” few that has headache/vision issues when attempting to use a 3DS/2DS (you know, the people Nintendo once claimed don’t exist) and will never be able to play their games until an emulator can remove the interlacing entirely.

/endsalt

Anybody play Prodeus yet? I want to support them during early access, but I’m trying to get some opinions outside of Steam reviews before I decide.
Officer Hotpants
Rabid Squirrel - Don't pet it.
A toast - Incredibly based
Officer Shid pants - Hi, Im a lil shid.
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.

Double-0 Negative
@Azure Fang  
That looks neat. I love games that have a visible helmet HUD. Pissed me off royally when I got my power armor in Fallout 4 and the HUD was transparent. First mod I got for it was a HUD fixer.
Azure Fang

Oh no, he's here?
You never realize how bad a glitchy cartridge can be until you try to play a whole game that way. Or you’ve actually played Lufia II.  
full
Azure Fang

Oh no, he's here?
@Havoc  
Yeah, how hard you can glitch the hell out of Zelda II and OG Metroid naturally top this. But still, brought back some “good” memories completing that challenge run. Something about games with purposeful glitching mechanics, like this or Axiom Verge, amuse me for some reason.
Azure Fang

Oh no, he's here?
@Havoc  
Oh, you mean one of the games that was literally incomplete when the discs were pressed? Hard to draw the line between “glitch” and “feature” on that one.
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide