Vent Thread

IvanSatoru
Artist -
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
Boot badge - It's Bootiful
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Angle-Considerer
I HATE dynamic content. Websites refuse to work. Bring back the “dumb” static content — at least it works! If you make me dictator I will impose death penalty upon web “developers” who don’t offer working websites without dynamic (read: crutch) elements.
FeatherTrap
A toast - Incredibly based
Artist -

Knight of Boops
Maybe this should be in the gaming thread, but I feel angry enough about it to vent in general. >.<

I just tried doing the Dracula campaign on AoE II Definitive Edition and the third mission asks you to take out five enemies that all have bottomless economies and are constantly attacking you from all directions at once. This is after it wastes your time with a no-build segment so good luck using the crucial first early minutes of the mission building up your econ, everyone else has a headstart over you.

Microsoft devs: Age of Empires is a slower paced game. Stop trying to make your campaigns like Blizzard does.

The first two missions of that campaign where a no-build micro crazy mission and a no-build start off that turns into a constant game of tug of war over invincible production bases on the map that endlessly spawn units for the record…because in 2022 every RTS campaign mission has to have a stupid fucking gimmick with it.

What the hell happened to RTS? Why does every single player level in them have to have a gimmick on it? I don’t know if Blizzard started this trend or just popularised it but these do NOT work at all with AoE’s core mechanics. What the hell happened to missions that just say “here is your base, here is the enemies base, go kill the enemy”, or add in just a few simple side objectives for you to work with? Why does it always have to be this tsmic bullshit these days?
Posted Report
Amagan

It wasn’t bad enough that the major credit card companies have come after the firearms industry, targeting manufacturers, distributors, and owners with harassment. Now they’ve come after the art site pixiv and forced them to change their terms of service to prohibit any conduct that falls under the vague and ambiguous terms “offensive, unethical, or promoting illegal activity.” Yeah like that’s not going to be abused. And it’s doubtful Japan’s definition of such terms are going to be the ones getting used.

Credit card companies need to be stripped of their authority to dictate what they will and won’t process payments for.
Posted Report
ponypony221
Chatty Kirin -

Excessively based homo
@Amagan  
(((Banks))) have always been where the true power lay. (((Banks))) own the (((Media))) and the (((Media))) controls the (((Government))).
Posted Report
UrbanMysticDee

Bae > Bay
Me after I finished a picture and then realize I decided to change the dimensions earlier and forgot so now I have to start over because just resizing it will look like shit

full
Posted Report
Anonymous #A7C9
I’ve never hated a job this much when I haven’t even started it yet.

I’ve never had a job treat me like a possessive lover, blowing up my phone and email.

I’ve never had a job insist I fill in the voluntary demographic questions.

According to eeoc.gov:  
“Providing this information is voluntary. No individual personnel selections are made based on this information. There will be no impact on your application if you choose not to answer any of these questions.”

No go suck a turd right out of my asshole.
Posted Report
ponypony221
Chatty Kirin -

Excessively based homo
I’m pissed that stores have colluded to reduce operating hours. Nothing is open past 11 anymore and the Black Friday openings late Thanksgiving are cancelled. All to save a buck.
Posted Report
Twiface

Princess of Shitposting
Nothing is open past 11 anymore

Where? There are plenty of towns where few or no businesses were ever open that late to begin with.

the Black Friday openings late Thanksgiving are cancelled.

Good. Those were sacrilegious.
Posted Report
ponypony221
Chatty Kirin -

Excessively based homo
Where? There are plenty of towns where few or no businesses were ever open that late to begin with.

Anywhere that had a Walmart before covid.

Good. Those were sacrilegious.

Sacrilege is fun.
Posted Report
UrbanMysticDee

Bae > Bay
Spent 20 minutes on a phone listening to the same 3 minute covid speech 4x only to find out that I have to call back Monday.

That’s the first thing the robot should say. Don’t give a 3 minute covid speech whenever someone calls in, the FIRST thing the robot should say is “If you want to speak to a human call back Monday.”
Posted Report
Twiface

Princess of Shitposting
@ponypony221  
I live in a city of 170,000. The only businesses open past midnight here are 7/11 and Taco Bell. This hasn’t changed in years. Do I live in a backwater?
Posted Report
ponypony221
Chatty Kirin -

Excessively based homo
@Twiface  
It sounds like it. Maybe regional differences.

Before covid, most cities had at least 1 Walmart that was 24 hours and many fast food restaurants were at least open until 1-2 in the drive through. Now it’s McDonalds, Waffle House, maybe IHOP, and gas stations. Taco Bell isn’t even open very late here.

I like to go out at night and I hate how it is now.
Posted Report
Twiface

Princess of Shitposting
I like to go out at night and I hate how it is now.

I used to be like that when I lived in an even smaller college town a few years back. I kind of just accepted that nothing besides 7/11 was open that late since I could still do my shopping at 8 or 9.

Now I have an exhausting job that requires me to show up early in the morning on a regular basis, so my night owl days are over for now.

I’m too far north for Waffle House so I’ve never been to one. There is, however, a diner down the street with a sign saying ‘open 24 hours’ when their website says otherwise. I’m not sure when they stopped doing that.
Posted Report
FeatherTrap
Artist -

Knight of Boops
Well…it finally happened.

My brother tested positive for covid a few days ago and he has not been staying in his room at all. Suppose I shouldn’t be too surprised that I’ve now tested positive too…

I just want everyone to know that should the worst happen to me, I wish all of you a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year…and to my friends, I pray that you find the strength to go on without me. Wherever I end up, I’m sure it can’t be any worse then the awful state I linger in now…

That being said, I would appreciate some advice and prayers for my swift recovery and overcoming of this hurdle, thank you~ <3
Posted Report
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide