Vent Thread

IvanSatoru
Artist -
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
Boot badge - It's Bootiful
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Angle-Considerer
I’m SICK of hearing about “violence against women”. SHUT UP. Want to see violence? Here’s your violence!  
About four times as many men killed. Also… WHO GETS DRAFTED??? DO WOMEN GET DRAFTED??? There’s your violence! Oh, a man slapped his wife? Good! She’s probably a skank and deserves it! You can shove your sickening, whiny propaganda up your rectum!
FeatherTrap
A toast - Incredibly based
Artist -

Knight of Boops
Today’s the day my country is reminded that we’re all too stupid to remember how our election system works, and tactically vote between two corrupt and complacent parties even though we use the Alternate Vote, not First-Past-The-Post.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaay Federal Election Day…
FeatherTrap
Artist -

Knight of Boops
@Officer Hotpants  
No, not an American or Brit. They use a voting system that was still in vogue back when it was still fashionable to wear frills around your neck and gay was an emotional state.

Australia uses a far superior system that eliminates the need for tactical voting, but our politicians still talk and act like we use the retarded First-Past-The-Post system while simply leaving absent any mention of how our system actually works.

Our politicians think that if they just pretend that we have the ass-backward American/UK two-party choice that we’ll fail to notice that we have the Alternate Vote system because we’re too retarded to understand how voting in our country works.

And the sad part is they’re absolutely right. Because we are too retarded to understand how voting in this country works.
TheBridge
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event

I know NOTHING
More and more websites over the past year have gotten dysfunctional with the various off mainstream browsers I like to use. It’s getting annoying.

@Dex Stewart  
New job? I bet that could be hard to get used to. Especially if you went into it from a standard office job or retail (well, a lot of retail, some positions in that I do think people underrate in their physical demands).

@FeatherTrap  
To me, with only a moderate experience with your politics I must stress, Australia always felt somewhere halfway to the US style. You guys have some tiny parties and the National Party as a really tiny junior partner but they didn’t quite 100% merge like the had with various parties did.
FeatherTrap
Artist -

Knight of Boops
@ponypony221  
Okay Doomer

Any helpful comments please?

@TheBridge  
That’s for the reasons I outlined before: we have the Alternate Vote system but if you try to explain this to the average Australian they literally cannot process what you’re saying. I have actually sat my Mum down and tried to spell out for her how it works and why she doesn’t need to worry about tactical voting. And then literally as soon as I’m done she says “Look, you have to vote Coalition or Labour if you want your vote to matter”.

Both parties cultivate this narrative, they have attacks ads that are only aimed against each other as if no-one else is competing, they have influencers on TV that always talk in terms of Labour or Coalition, they both stress the important of tactical voting, all just like in America. Except we don’t use the First-Past-The-Post system, they just don’t talk about that because it’s easier for them to string people along if they don’t realise that.
Dex Stewart
Artist -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@TheBridge  
I do temp work, so I go from many different jobs. This one is potentially permanent. It pays well, so I’m planning on sticking with this one until I can buy a large shed to turn into a little studio.
UrbanMysticDee

Bae > Bay
@TheBridge  
Hell yeah, more and more I’m finding everything only works in chrome, and I hate chrome, and I hate that so many sites only work in chrome.

And yeah on that retail thing. Every time I got a job they lied to me out of pure discrimination (LOOK WHO THEY GIVE THE EASY JOBS TO, IT’S ALL THE SAME TYPE OF PEOPLE!). They hired me to be a cashier (because I’m small and gracile) and when I got there stuck me in the back being a pack animal. Got injured twice, one time the company doctored the report to get away with fraud and by time I learned all the legal things I could do to fight back the teeny tiny microscopic statute of limitations expired so I couldn’t sue them for destroying my body.

And that’s a big part of why I’m not a capitalist. Companies will break the law to get out of treating workers with basic human dignity. They will cut staff to a skeleton crew and overwork everyone all so they can buy another Ferrari or take out massive loans against the company to give to their deadbeat relatives who all get cushy no-work positions. One company I worked for, the job I had the longest, was the most toxic building I’ve ever worked in. Everyone there illegally vaped indoors, there was mould growing all over the leaky ceilings and the air filters kept raining dust down. I overheard the owner of the company admit to someone, probably his attack dog who liked to show up to work late and drunk and still got paid more than 20 normal people, that he knew what he was doing was illegal and didn’t care because “it’s my company and I’ll do what I want.”

It’s like Amazon can’t even let their workers take a fucking piss? They have to piss in bottles on the work floor because they’re not allowed to take a break to take a piss. They have vending machines that dispense pain killers like candy. Fuck that. Fucking vultures. Robber baron vultures. We need to hang them and redistribute their money. What is it, 50 people have half the money in the entire world. Not 50% of people, not 1%, not even 1% of 1%, 50 individual humans have HALF OF ALL THE MONEY IN THE ENTIRE WORLD. You could double everyone’s money by killing 50 people and redistributing their money. Fuck yeah, let’s do it.
ponypony221
Chatty Kirin -

Excessively based homo
Imgur is shit now, is there an alternative that won’t shove commie propaganda on you when you’re trying to upload a meme?
TheBridge

I know NOTHING
@Seiken  
For Firefox, you very well might not have encountered anything and I have rarely but it is has been a growing problem were sites will only be made to work with Google Chrome or Chromium based browsers. Stuff that causes one to raise a eyebrow (it was just a site specific rule, but they were blocking firefox). Stuff like this happens There are many out there who are just focused on supporting Google Chrome only and sometimes even Firefox can have a bumpy ride even though it is still far from the old days of IE. I am starting to see this more and more  
You can use Book Creator on Google Chrome, Safari and Microsoft Edge. Try and keep your browser up to date by looking out for any updates and installing them ASAP.
If you see the message ‘Unsupported browser’ this means you are using a browser such as Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox that we don’t currently support. You should be able to install one of our supported browsers on most of the devices used in education.

I having always used a mix of smaller browsers in addition to Firefox to keep my options open and sometimes out of necessity (some computers I use don’t run modern Firefox very well at all, not to mention any Chromium based browser). Recently had a chat site I use just suddenly go from functional but somewhat rough around the edges to not working at all in Palemoon just this week. Have had increases of errors and unpleasant experiences with website after doing facelifts in recently and sites seeming slow and bumpy on the web browsers I use that support javascript (Palemoon, Epiphany, Falkon) and becoming unusable or almost unusable even for passive lurking (Netsurf, w3m, and a whole sew of other tiny ones).

I have been rather impressed with Philomena as it even allows me to log in on some browsers that don’t support javascript, even in some terminal based ones!. Granted, I can’t post or fav, but I can least check in. It is becoming harder to do this:  
full  
On the place that Chromium is leading us.

Firefox still works for me all the times when I needed it to. But when I look around at various “supported browser” sections of sites, they will often try to push you into Chrome, and all the other browsers listed will be Chromium based, save for perhaps Safari, which is webkit based, which is the father of the current Blink web engine that Chromium forked. Firefox with Gecko is the true odd kid out, and sadly I am uncertain if they will survive if with how things have been going and while being dependent on Google paying them to sustain themselves. Google could very well negotiate a reduced price or just cut them off. Not all of that decline is their fault but the past 10 years FF has bounced around and floundered with various ideas in a struggle to establish their own echo system. And I am not confident in any of the current non Chromium browsers being able to keep up once FF is gone either.

@UrbanMysticDee  
>more and more I’m finding everything only works in chrome, and I hate chrome, and I hate that so many sites only work in chrome.  
Basically me.

>One company I worked for, the job I had the longest, was the most toxic building I’ve ever worked in. Everyone there illegally vaped indoors, there was mould growing all over the leaky ceilings and the air filters kept raining dust down. I overheard the owner of the company admit to someone, probably his attack dog who liked to show up to work late and drunk and still got paid more than 20 normal people, that he knew what he was doing was illegal and didn’t care because “it’s my company and I’ll do what I want.”  
After that experience I can’t blame you. A lot of areas of the country have just lost out from the free trade and all that is left in their wake is a damaged low trust society in decline with slim pickings.

@Fleur de Lis  
I have used that one myself a few times. Not sure how much I trust it but it seems to have been around a long time at least (and ain’t Discord!).

@FeatherTrap  
Seems like you guys would have a better shot them some. I have always thought for the US it would only be possible after a long fight at state by state level, some states aren’t as hostile to third parties and we have had flukes. You guys seem like you would be able to do that even better then we could with the vote system.

@Dex Stewart  
And considering a possible looming recession it would probably be wise to stay around longer as well.

@coolmaster43232  
That is sad. I mean, I am the kind of that would just be fine with obscure free open source games and what I might find cheaply at ebay or a thift store, but there are some things that I imagine are nice to have for a brick and motor store that one wouldn’t get online (especially with used games).
ponypony221
Chatty Kirin -

Excessively based homo
Taco Bell is overpriced. It’s almost as expensive as a sit down Mexican restaurant here. I would rather go there than fund the dindu’s “living wage”.
Mitchy

Best princess👗👑
Man, I hate Twitter suggesting topics and seeing a bunch idiots out themselves as having the funny new York guy rent free in their head

Man, I hate twitter
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide