Vent Thread

UrbanMysticDee
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Bae > Bay
It’s Tuesday? Then why do I think it’s Saturday? What happened to the past 3 days? How did I miss them?

Oh, that’s right, they were shit. I must have repressed those memories.
Mitchy

Best princess👗👑
I commissioned someone to draw my oc in a maid outfit, and 7 months later, I’m still waiting. Looking at their que, they seem a bit overwhelmed, but still, it feels like it’s taking a while, I haven’t even got a sketch yet.
Psy Key
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event

Cocky Scamp
@UrbanMysticDee  
I won’t tell you how to make mustard gas. I won’t tell you that you can get the chemicals at Home Depot. I won’t tell you that linseed oil is a great way to start a fire if you pour it into something that absorbs it and let it dry. I will tell you that you must take matters into your own hands. Sometimes you have to send a message, and sometimes that message is, “Fuck off.”

@Officer Hotpants  
I fuckin’ wish, bro.

@Dex Stewart  
Tell him his mother needs to stop charging so little. She’s a good woman with talent.

@coolmaster43232  
Maybe you should threaten it with disassembly.

@Mitchy  
The problem with being an artist in the modern era is that good talent brings lots of desire. It’s not enough anymore for the masses to gaze upon a brilliant work of art, maybe blow a liter of cock snot to it, and go on feeling happier. The people want more, and they want themselves involved, and they have money. Glorious, for the man who has yet to see what those with disposable income are capable of requesting.

It’s times like these I remember that Michelangelo, on several occasions, was not paid for work that was commissioned because the customer wasn’t happy, or on some occasions they simply refused, which made him especially angry. So, he started charging more, and wanted payment upfront. Half then, half later. It fixed his problem.

My answer that many artists, I believe, will not want to hear as well as the commissioners, is that artists should be charging more, an accepting only a limited amount of commissions at a time. If the work is overwhelming, then they need to reduce the amount of commissions they take on at one time. Of course, doing this can also limit their income, so the logical solution is to increase the price. Some artists do this by charging for different grades of art, or different things included, and sure that works fine, but in the end you have to decide if you need to be firm or not with your audience.

Michelangelo was with his, and we remember him still to this day. Not because he was firm, but because the work he did was fantastic, and those that cherished and adored it even then wrote about it. It moved them so much that they cared to write it down.

And that’s all any of us could ever ask for in life. Before it all turns to dust.
Mitchy

Best princess👗👑
Well, since that post, I did message the artist, asking “How is that commission going?”, and I think I might just ask him “When exactly am I going to see anything out of my commission?”, and if it’s after June 18th 2022 (a year after I commissioned him), I’m just going to kindly ask for a refund and find some other artist to draw a vanilla image of Mitchy in a maid outfit, there is no way a flat color with no background should take this long, I get that his queue is long, but something is wrong with your system if it’s taking this long.

Sad thing is, it’s not the first time I asked for Mitchy in a maid outfit and it was never delivered, before this commission, someone once offered to do it for free and then just went silent about it and I thought “Well, I can’t expect anything for free, if I really want it, I got to pay for it.”, so I paid a nice artist 50bux for Mitchy in a maid outfit, 7 months later and there’s nothing to show for it. I’m just convinced the idea of Mitchy in a maid outfit is cursed, for some reason the invisible hand of fate just makes sure such an image is never drawn, ever, regardless of whether I pay for it or not, the world just doesn’t want my oc in a maid outfit.
UrbanMysticDee

Bae > Bay
I fucking hate computers. They waste so much fucking time. It shouldn’t take an entire hour to transfer a handful of pictures, but it does.
UrbanMysticDee

Bae > Bay
12 hour overnight shift. “We think you’d be a great match!”

I replied “We’re not your slaves. Organized labor fought hard a century ago to secure an 8 hour shift. 8 hours a day, 5 days a week is honest work. Stop trying to enslave us.”
Mitchy

Best princess👗👑
I got a message back and he just said “you’re on the queue”, I already knew that, and I’m reminded just how long his queue is, and how much it looks like a schizopost, here it is.

I feel legitimately devastated, it shouldn’t take this long for a flat color and an artist shouldn’t take more commissions if it’s going to take them into next year to finish one, I feel like just requesting a refund and finding another artist.
UrbanMysticDee

Bae > Bay
I think I’m getting blinder. I used to have to zoom in 133%, now I have to zoom in 150%.

It has been 2 years since I’ve had an eye exam, but glasses are so damn expensive.
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide