Vent Thread

EverfreeEmergencies
Artist -
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Amateur-er Autist
Not only did Verizon buy out my provider and fuck up my plan, but they also closed the only store that was reasonably close to me. I’m not very impressed with them.
FeatherTrap
Boot badge - It's Bootiful
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
A toast - Incredibly based
Artist -

Knight of Boops
Today was infuriating. To understand why, I need to go back to last week and a day ago.

Eight days ago I started feeling a lump in my throat and a fever came on, and this was eerily reminiscent of that time earlier this year I got tonsillitis. So I called up the doc and explained the situation to him, which he promptly ignored in favour of suspecting the Commie Coof immediately.

Despite this, in our over-the-phone appointment I was able to wrangle him into providing me a prescription for some basic antibiotics, which didn’t help the situation at all. It wasn’t getting any worse, but it wasn’t getting any better either.

So for all this time I’ve had to put up with this irritating lump in my throat, and nasally coughing and spluttering at all hours of the day. I reach the end of my course and it’s still not fixed, so I have to call back again. Doc tells me I can’t come in until I get a Negative Covid Test.

You know, the highly unreliable ones, administered by a biomedical-tyrannic state that fudges numbers to spread panic about it? And is on the warpath against anyone who doesn’t want to get a vaccine that was rushed out the door?

So I had no reason to trust it or it’s results. But I had to get it, and it came back NEGATIVE.

So then I was given the sacred fucking permission to go see my doctor today, and I had to fucking walk all the way to the clinic, through Australian summer heat. The temperature was over 35°C (+95°F for backwards savages), my shirt drenched with more sweat then an entire Star Trek convention’s attendee roster combined, no water to drink, feeling like I’m shriveling up and melting all at once. And all of that, for the doctor to diagnose me with….

Tonsillitis.

THE THING I ALREADY FUCKING KNEW IT WAS ON DAY ONE

I had to go through all of that, just to be told by the sacred word of secular priesthood what I already fucking knew it was, and to get their “holy blessing” to purchase some proper fucking pills to treat the issue that I already have a known medical history for.

I digress, I am quite miffed about all this. >:(
EverfreeEmergencies
Artist -

Amateur-er Autist
I don’t know how I’m going to get it through to mammaw that she needs to ask the doctor about getting a hearing test and a dementia test. Every time the subject of her hearing or her memory comes up she just gets all offended and accuses me of thinking she’s dumb.

Why is convincing old people to do anything to take care of themselves so fucking hard? I know something is wrong with you. Your son knows something is wrong with you. Your siblings know something is wrong with you. Every single one of your friends knows something is wrong with you. Why do you refuse to accept it?
Dex Stewart
Artist -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
I just had the biggest bitch of a time trying to put together a YouTube thumbnail. My new phone has an editor that only works when it feels like it. When I try to put text in, it randomly decides to put the text behind parts of the image. Or it doesn’t show up at all when I save it, so I have to screenshot it, but then the bottom bar decides it wants in on the fun and pops in over part of the image. I go to imgflip, and the bottom text won’t work. What the fuck?! That’s never happened before. After fucking with that for a while, I find the settings set the bottom text’s font size to zero. I didn’t set that! It randomly decided to do that without me!  
Jeezus. Way more trouble than it was probably worth, it’s just a video about me talking about some comics.
TheBridge

I know NOTHING
@FeatherTrap  
Just dreadful! I wonder how many people are not only having inconvenience but issues get worse with some of the COVID obsession.

>+95°F for backwards savages  
The US customary system is one of the last hold outs of the metric standard. May it never fall.

@coolmaster43232  
Glad you got your computer back.

@IvanSatoru  
Not just boomers, I know first hand that silent and greatest generation too have this and probably a lot of us when we get that age.
UrbanMysticDee

Bae > Bay
Company I applied for, a company I can’t even find so I don’t know if it exists or if they import cheese, wants me to answer some text question online. Can’t do it through email, have to click a link. Can’t copy and paste the email answer into the box, so that’s what I wrote. I don’t want the job anyway. “You really stood out.” Get fucked. I should have typed that.

These people can all get fucked.

Maybe if I do get an interview I’ll kill the person interviewing me. Then they’ll lock me up where I won’t have to worry about money ever again. I’ll get free food and a room for life and I won’t have to take part in the criminal economy we have.
Sapphie
Rampant Bear - A courageous companion
Autist -
Lil Importer Shid - Hi, Im a lil shid.

Senior Moderator
Unavailable
Finished editing a chapter of my fic, and I really wanna post it now  
but I can’t because I told myself I’d wait two weeks between each chapter
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide