Vent Thread

Sapphie
Rampant Bear - A courageous companion
Autist -
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
Lil Importer Shid - Hi, Im a lil shid.
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Senior Moderator
Unavailable
@Acres  
Yours too?  
Well tbf mine used to be really bad. Kinda made me lose a lot of my love for christmas. Now it’s just a holiday like any other.  
Ironically, that also lowered the bar enough that she’s no longer nearly as stressed, which in tern means she’s less pissy.
EverfreeEmergencies
Artist -
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event

Amateur-er Autist
@Mitchy  
I went to the mall a town over a few months back looking for the retro games store, and was shocked to find out an arcade had opened there and it actually had a pinball machine. I have never seen a pinball machine in any other arcade I’ve been to. Only at the local pizza restaurant.
FeatherTrap
Boot badge - It's Bootiful
A toast - Incredibly based
Artist -

Knight of Boops
Does anyone else remember the days when Anti-Vaxxer meant: “A person with an irrational fear of vaccinations”, or alternatively “A person who believes that vaccination causes autism”?

Nowadays it means: “Anyone with a principled stance against Biomedical Fascism”, what a world we live in where the state has imposed such a choice on you: Be a Nazi or be branded Anti-Vax.
UrbanMysticDee

Bae > Bay
@FeatherTrap  
I only ever remember a time when “anti-vaxxer” was a slur used by smooth brains who believe measles (which has a fatality rate less than seasonal flu) is airborn ebola and that even though 100% of everyone prior to 50 years ago was unvaccinated there is a 100% guarantee that unvaccinated children will instantly die the second they get sick and never live past childhood.
Sapphie
Rampant Bear - A courageous companion
Autist -
Lil Importer Shid - Hi, Im a lil shid.

Senior Moderator
Unavailable
@FeatherTrap  
Right? I’ve started cringing at the word “anti-vaxxer” because of it, because I know it’s used by people who just want to parrot what they’ve been told by everyone around them  
@UrbanMysticDee  
Isn’t the main problem with measles that it fucks over your immune system in the long term?
FeatherTrap
Artist -

Knight of Boops
@Sapphie  
Pretty much, idiots who think that following the party line makes them good people.

The thing is, when I say a principled stance I actually mean it. There are many people in the lockdown protests here in Aus who have actually taken the vaccine when it wasn’t mandated, and still believe people should get it. They just don’t want it to be compulsory because that’s tyrannical. Not to mention the last time vaccine mandates where attempted was what birthed the Anti-Vaxxer movement in the first place!

I swear, these people actually want more Anti-Vaxxers or they’re so far down the rabbit hole they can’t see daylight.
Officer Hotpants
Rabid Squirrel - Don't pet it.
Officer Shid pants - Hi, Im a lil shid.

Double-0 Negative
@FeatherTrap  
Or really “anyone who knows enough about medical science to know that medicine rushed out in under a year with barely any testing is almost certainly going to be minimally effective and riddled with numerous & severe side-effects”. I can’t help but think that these are the same people who rush to grab every new piece of hardware & software that comes out and then wonder why none of their shit works right and their PCs die every two or three years.
UrbanMysticDee

Bae > Bay
@Sapphie  
There were 2 studies in 2019 that involved about 100 people total between the both of them that tested the prevalence of certain antibody peptides using a new (introduced 2015) device called VirScan. If we look at the conflict of interest statement we see that people who were involved in the study hold the patent on the VirScan device, so they’re not going to question it’s accuracy. Also members of the GlaxoSmithKline Vaccine Research and Development Advisory Board, so they’re not going to question their product. And it is a product, and the best kind too, the mandatory kind. Here’s the gist of the study:

77 unvaccinated children mean age 9 (+-2 years) were studied using this new machine before and 2 months after recovering from measles. The machine has a library of the proteins of 400 viruses. Children with severe cases had a median decrease of 40% of antibody epitopes that the machine could detect, and children with mild cases had a median decrease of 33%. All children recovered their antibodies after natural re-infection.

So the whole thing rests on: 1. the accuracy and reliability of the machine, and 2. a temporary effect that sounds spooky scary but is ultimately meaningless because all the test subjects were over 5 years of age, so they’ve essentially already survived until adulthood (except for suicide and accidents).

A reversible effect that has no impact on mortality measured after all of 2 months to me is meaningless.
FeatherTrap
Artist -

Knight of Boops
@Officer Hotpants  
Well no, that’s the thing. Like I said it’s anyone who has a principled stance against using “Durr Science!” and “Muh Covid!” as an excuse to institute a fascist state. It’s gotten to the point where people who have taken the vaccine and every booster shot and still urge people to get it buuuuuuuuuuuut also believe it shouldn’t be mandated are now also “Anti-Vaxx”.

It’s become like “Nazi”, a word that now just means “you disagree with me and that makes me feel horrible and you’re an evil person”, instead of conveying the original concept the word was meant to encapsulate.
EverfreeEmergencies
Artist -

Amateur-er Autist
@coolmaster43232  
If nothing happens I’m assuming the fans don’t come on either, then? It’s been a while since I’ve messed with hardware, but it sounds like power supply or motherboard to me. I think even if everything else is disconnected, the fans should still come on at full blast if the psu and motherboard are good. Could also check to make sure everything is plugged in securely.

If you have any extra power supplies with enough wattage, you could test and see if it works with one of them.

There are at least two people on this site more knowledgeable than me, though. Their input may be worth much more than mine.
Napsack
Rampant Stag - A swift sidekick
Rampant Squirrel - A ferocious friend
Donor | Pinkie Pie - Pie family best family
Liberty Belle -

Senior Moderator
Glare Mare
@FeatherTrap  
This. The amount of people crying anti-vaxx is painful. We’ve had multiple protests over their vaccine mandates already, and the government continues to pretend it’s inconsequential and just some people who need to be educated, or some crap.

Sad part is they’re probably right about the inconsequential part. There’s not enough people and no one willing to listen.
UrbanMysticDee

Bae > Bay
That cube on the IQ test pisses me off so much. We have no information on the other three faces. We can’t say which option IS a rotation of the cube, we can only say which rotations are not possible and which are possible.
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide