Vent Thread

Officer Hotpants
Rabid Squirrel - Don't pet it.
A toast - Incredibly based
Officer Shid pants - Hi, Im a lil shid.
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Double-0 Negative
@UrbanMysticDee  
The solar flare must have got her. Maybe they’re not so bad after all.

Surprised there hasn’t been any Daybreaker art about it. Or a new solar flare horse. Then again, I’m similarly surprised that no one has even been talking about it (I had to find out through a shitpost here). Usually people freak the fuck out over things like this. I guess the last year has just left people thoroughly desensitized.
UrbanMysticDee

Bae > Bay
Why is every product made out of shit? How hard is it to find a CD binder? I have one from 20 years ago that’s great, but I can’t find anything comparable today.
IvanSatoru
Artist -
Boot badge - It's Bootiful

Angle-Considerer
I once saw a really old photo in a college history book of a big family — lots of kids, maybe more than six— that lived in a small wooden house, probably a homestead. I forget details since I only saw it once or twice years ago but they didn’t look particularly wealthy, hence the small wooden house. How did “poor” parents even survive raising so many kids with so little?
Anonymous #1FFA
@IvanSatoru  
If this is a serious question, the answer is: with great difficulty. I have heard relatives speak of the times before the Second World War.

It was eleven children, with never enough to eat, working on a hardscrabble little twenty acre farm with just enough land to grow corn and potatoes and be able to barter or sell just a bit, a little land set aside for tobacco to grow to take to the city to sell for money to buy salt and molasses and flour, a little cabbage to make into sauerkraut to eat during the winter. It was an arthritic mule and a few starving pigs. It was every boy learning to shoot and hunt as soon as he could walk, and it was their responsibility to hunt and bring back whatever they could that their mother and sisters could cook, regardless of game laws or hunting season. It was venison for dinner, squirrels, rabbits, raccoons, gophers, and occasionally muskrat, snapping turtle, and guinea fowl, and once a bear. It was never enough protein despite this and kids with their bellies distended with what we now call kwashiorkor and their growth being stunted.

It was every girl learning to sew, and making clothing out of old cotton flour sacks. It was fourteen hour days digging up potatoes in the fall for everyone old enough to walk. It was making quilts out of every scrap of clothing that could no longer be patched or repaired. It was never enough firewood for the stove during the winter.

It was the older kids loaded up in an old wagon to help farmers in another county at harvest time in exchange for a portion of the food. It was children dropping out of the third grade because the family needed them for farm work to survive more than they needed to learn the multiplication tables.

It was one of the girls dying of diptheria at the age of four because there was no money for a doctor.

It was everybody leaving as soon as they turned eighteen, sometimes to go north to look for work in the cities, more often to join the Army, and send money home all the rest of their lives so that their parents could live when they became too old to work the fields themselves.

That’s how.
UrbanMysticDee

Bae > Bay
So tired today. And I had to sleep on my right side most of the night because sleeping on the left causes a sharp pain in my head for some reason. I don’t think I’ve seen the Sun in 3 or 4 days.
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide